[TileMaker] Selecting a Main-Index

This would be the forum for questions about how to work with mod making tools which can be a problem of its own.

Moderator: Paul Siramy

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

[TileMaker] Selecting a Main-Index

Post by Xibalba » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:14 pm

This means that in all the .dt1 of the game you'll only find values that range from 0 to 63, no more. It's also very important to remember if you're planing to make your own .dt1 later. So, you have 64 possible numbers for the Main-index, and 64 possible numbers for the Sub-index, that means that for a map you can "only" use 64 * 64 different tiles (4096), but that should be enough ;)
Lets say i exported "floor.dt1" from ACT1/TOWN. From the .ini file we will see "nb_blocks = 144".
So, if i want to make tile back using tilemaker, what main-index should i use? 12? (12*12). Bit confused because i dont know the Sub-index. A little help would be great.

Also whenever i try to make dt1 back, it always makes (32*32), but i need (12*12) for 144 blocks, if im not wrong...

EDIT: Im also making a GUI application for TileMaker2. I need to understand how this stuff works :)

Thanks

*up
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Xibalba
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Re: [TileMaker] Selecting a Main-Index

Post by Xibalba » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:04 pm

*up* can someone explain me what is main-index and how to select a main index for a new tile?
Life is too short to drive boring cars.

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Re: [TileMaker] Selecting a Main-Index

Post by jetaman » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:05 pm

Hey Xibalba! How's your GUI going on? When are you going to release it?
About the main index - it's the number of group of tiles. You can select this number when you create the ds1 and dt1 file
Syntaxe: tilemaker2 <image filename> <main index start> <act> <floor layer>

Return to “Tools”