Assassin: Because she's fun.

Information and updates for the Fusion series of mods. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.
Fireheart

Assassin: Because she's fun.

Post by Fireheart » Sat May 10, 2003 7:51 pm

This is a post for all suggestions dealing with and about Assassin--any insights, ideas, or thoughts on what changes might work well for the Ass based on your experience are welcome. Looks like, at a minimum, her trap system needs some work.
Last edited by Fireheart on Sat May 10, 2003 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Re: Assassin: Because she's fun.

Post by Desocupado » Sun May 11, 2003 12:39 am

Maybe some traps should be one shot only. Like a real trap that triggers only once. This would make them more dramatic (to keep the balance make them have a big duration like a feire that keeps burning for ten seconds). The finishing moves could be changed... Dragon Talon is a very cool skill... Maybe it could be set to not be a finishing move and work like a jab atack (therefore it would need to be stronger).

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun May 11, 2003 6:22 am

Cloak of Shadows has to be one of the most universally detested skills in the game. It might be a good candidate for replacing with a brand new skill (assembled in the 1.10 Skills.txt, that is).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Fireheart

Post by Fireheart » Mon May 12, 2003 9:57 am

Refresh me--what's it do exactly?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue May 13, 2003 2:00 am

It causes the screen to go dark for everybody in the area. From the manual: "Moving through the darkness, unseen by her foes, the enshrouded Assassin can steal past opponents or ambush her unsuspecting victims with a series of devastating attacks." Unfortunately Blizzard was too enthusiastic at displaying this skill.
~ Mark Twain
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Fireheart

Post by Fireheart » Mon May 19, 2003 11:24 pm

So basically it makes the game really frickin' dark? Does it have any real application against the computer?

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue May 20, 2003 3:17 am

My assassin has one point in it as a prerequisite, but I never used it in play. I have been in games with other players who have used it, and it didn't seem to make one bit of difference except for the annoyance factor. Maybe it does in the long run, but not that I have noticed.
~ Mark Twain

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Tue May 20, 2003 3:42 am

Doesn't it reduces enemyes defense in an amount of percentage?
Also don't it work on uniques and superuniques monsters?

Voodoo_Sun
Paladin

Post by Voodoo_Sun » Mon May 26, 2003 9:48 pm

Ya shadow cloak sucks. It makes evrything black so you can't see the baddies or tell where to throw your traps. it it just made the screen a little dark s you could tell it was on then it might be better. A skill that makes me just as blind as the monsters is pretty useless.

I like the idea of changing some of the finishing moves as well.

and how about chaning the assassins (or another class, but assassin is probably easier) dual block to be able to block with both claws or staves, polearms, etc. I mean come on.... no one in the diablo two realm can block with a quarter staff???? It's easier in real like then blocking with any other weapon. I'm stil chapped blizzard left out twohanded weapon blocks. I want my monk back from hellfire. lol
Your Life is Your Own. Life it for Yourself.
Only Sheep Stand in Line

Fireheart

Post by Fireheart » Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:23 am

That's true. I've long thought certain two-handed items should carry blocking. Maybe we could put block on some items but give them a bit less native damage or constrict them in another way.

I thought Shadow Cloak did reduce enemy armor--are you saying it does not?

(as I recall the degree of darkness it casts can be adjusted)

Voodoo_Sun
Paladin

Post by Voodoo_Sun » Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:44 pm

Ya two handed weapon block would be great. Even if they did less damage then a non block two handed weapon or something. Or even if it was just for one class. Hell, I'd play that class! lol. Or maybe slow down the attack speed on it...although I don't like that idea much. Even if you just left the damage and attack speed as is and added two handed block it wouldan't be that unbalancing I don't think. They lack of defense and mods from having a good shield would make up for it maybe. Sides I kinda liked having my super speedy attack monk in hellfire. :lol:

As for the assassins cloak of shadows. ya it lowers defense. the exact stats are at elvel one: mana cost 13, range 20 yards, duration 8 seconds and -21 % to enemy defense plus blinds enemies that havne't seen you yet (before you cast it). and at level 20: all the same costs, duration etc and -52 to enemy defense. Doesn't really improve much does it. humm.. that sucks. lol :(

In another note.... unrelated thread i was just wondering if you are going to continue this mod after its release and make new versions etc, or jump into a new project or what? I'm new to the modding thing. hell as yet haven't done anything besides read a lot of tutorials and stuff, but I am a wicked artist, some computerized stuff, mainly 2d art though. Going to animations school in the fall and was wondering if your looking for any still shots for title screens , loading etc, or wondering how hard it would be to add in new animations done on studio 3d max or maya or something.

thanks.
Last edited by Voodoo_Sun on Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Life is Your Own. Life it for Yourself.
Only Sheep Stand in Line

Fireheart

Post by Fireheart » Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:49 pm

Voodoo, you are my new best friend. PM me. :) Lets talk about using those mad skillz of yours.

SaTaN

Post by SaTaN » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:15 pm

k hows abouts say a static field trap shoots 5 time and takes 5% dmg from monsters and uhhhh let say increases alot by char lvl jsut cuz i like assns :D

Craziel

Post by Craziel » Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:51 pm

Please fix the following Assassin Trap skills:

Blade Sentry (damage sucks)
Blade Fury (damage sucks, mana too high)
Blade Shield

Blade Shield is the only skill of the three that can deal Critical Strikes, Crushing Blows or activate items with "% to cast [spell] on striking". The other two simply deal raw physical damage.. so one would think they need to deal a LOT. Only Blade Sentry pierces.

Blade Fury, in particular, is not affected by IAS, FCR or BoS.

If these skills were viable, you could build a ninja ;)

I would also like to see the following:

Claw Mastery applies to daggers and staves as well.
All spells requiring a Claw also work with daggers.
Assassin can dual-wield daggers.

Possible?
Last edited by Craziel on Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fireheart

Post by Fireheart » Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:00 am

Well the basic damage / mana costs are easily tweakable. I'm still pounding away on my Druid, but I remember thinking the first time around that some of the Assassin's mana costs were off.

Its probably not possible to scale the skills all the way up to Hell, but Nightmare difficulty should be possible (which, in Fusion terms, is circa lvl 65).

I could tweak daggers, staves and the like by making them claw-class, but I'd prefer to see if 1.10 will give us a more fluid way to do this--I hate re-defining weapon classes since it changes the entire nature of how the game handles the weapon.

Regarding daggers--I'd prefer to make this blades, thus giving them a reason to exist. So far, blades are useless.

Craziel

Post by Craziel » Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:42 pm

I'm sorry, you lost me.. what's a blade, and what's the difference?

I agree however that you probably don't want to go re-typing weapons to claw class. I guess the weapon set to which Claw Mastery applies cannot be modified?

Blade Fury actually fires 3 blades, and if held down can spam a lot more (like inferno). Each blade deals the damage shown and costing the mana shown.

I'm playing another mod (Ancestral Recall) where Blade Fury is one mana point and even then it's a horrible drain. The main problem is that it doesn't appear to leech. Is it possible to make a skill cost no mana at all?
Last edited by Craziel on Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaTaN

Post by SaTaN » Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:18 pm

i think he means like katannas or w/e hehe use sum cool lookin swords for assn would be good but thats hardly original btw ninja stars wont work either i hate 2 cristisaze and not give ideas uhhhhh sumkinda assn only 2 sided staff with blades bah i forgot the name
/
l
l
/
like that the slashes being blades and the middle being where u hold onto
haha i jsut drew a picture :)

Fireheart

Post by Fireheart » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:26 pm

"Blades" are the slim dagger-like weapons you see in the game with no hilt. The aren't really stilettos, but they aren't normal daggers either.

SaTaN

Post by SaTaN » Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:00 pm

sooooo fireheart maybe u should put upa topic about waht u think that u wanna see in teh mod or u think what teh ppl wanna see in teh mod so we can get summore ppl in here(i purposely misspell teh)

Return to “Tactics Central”