Ok, is it me, or is LoD really frickin' easy?

Information and updates for the Fusion series of mods. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.
Fireheart

Ok, is it me, or is LoD really frickin' easy?

Post by Fireheart » Sat May 10, 2003 4:04 am

I've been away from D2 nearly two years and I never played a Druid, so I fired up LoD today to do some "get back in the groove" playing.

I beat Act I with Stormwind, my Druid. He was level 15 and had 14 saved skill points and 70 saved stat points.

That's right. I beat the entire act having never put a single point into any stat and only putting one point into poison creeper.

To me this is farkin' ridiculous. I just distributed my points for Act II and I'm going through Radament like sh*t through a goose.

Is this unique to the druid or a real problem in LoD in general?

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Ok, is it me, or is LoD really frickin' easy?

Post by FoxBat » Sat May 10, 2003 5:34 am

Heh, D2 Normal diff has always been that way since 1.00... guess you've really been away for awhile. ;)

FirEFroG
Paladin

Post by FirEFroG » Sat May 10, 2003 6:12 am

its not just you, i can do it solo with an assassin without having to really think...

i wish you great luck on getting back into the groove of things and i think the main point of good mod making in the time being is that people want everything, and i mean everything, to be diffrent...
"I came. I saw. I was lit on FIRE!"
Thanks, The FroG
spin wrote:Now, who has the rules for the new cat?:P
Corrupted Death mod - Website - Forum

Fireheart

Post by Fireheart » Sat May 10, 2003 7:24 am

I think the key difference is the hireling. I could never tank like this in D2 Classic and when I played LoD through as an Assassin I ignored my hireling and killed her off.

And actually I have to disagree. Cold Fusion was NOT the most "out there" or "different" mod ever built. Not by a long shot. We had our share of new material, yes, but our absolute focus was on tightly integrating and rebuilding Diablo II into what we hoped, in the end, would be a better game. We added some new graphics and skills and tweaked difficulty, leveling, uniques, gems, etc, but we didn't go for level re-design hardly at all.

max_power

Post by max_power » Sat May 10, 2003 1:58 pm

Yes LoD is bloody easy.... That said what makes it harder is typing 'players x' Where x is a number from 1 - 8, doing that will simulate a multiplayer game, the mosters haveing x*hitpoints, experience and better drops, I have, since the disaperence of CF, played on 'players 8' and have gotten as far as act 1 hell with no difficulty...
he couldn't believe how easy it was
he put the gun into his face
bang!
so much blood for such a tiny little hole

problems have solutions (you know)
a life time of f***ing things up fixed in one determined flash

Psychomech
Paladin

Post by Psychomech » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:54 am

I cannot believe that lord of destruction actually improved upon classic diablo, nor can i believe that lord of destruction is even a worthwhile challenge. the only good thing LOD has brought us is charms, improved mercs, and lots of excellent mods. i can't believe blizzard ripped everyone off like that, starbucks wannabe's
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.

Fireheart

Post by Fireheart » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:01 pm

1.10s is DEFINITELY harder.

ThorAsgard
Banned
Crusader

Post by ThorAsgard » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:21 pm

FireHeart, just to let you know... Its like that in every game - Equipment > Level

You can be level 1 and beat lod if you want, its not about the level, its about the equipment! or better yet, as you mentioned = Skills > Level

Or to make it even more exact = Equipment > Skills > Level

Well, have you tried doing a non-equipment mod and then play the game with only using whatever you can put your hands on (levels, stat points, skill points) and then we shall see how easy LoD is ;)

Return to “Tactics Central”