Editing cof files from monsters by Inertia

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

kpepp

Editing cof files from monsters by Inertia

Post by kpepp » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:10 pm

I have recently tried to add a monster from Inertia animations. However there is an issue with the .cof files, since the frames of the monster do not appear at all in the game. In similar cases I was using the command line cof editor, however the coffee editor seems much better. When I open the cof files from the specific token, no animation preview appears. Moreover, in the left dropdown box, i.e. on the left of "Blend Mod" (pls see image) the value "lit" or sth like this should appear if everything was in order. My question is how can I fix this issue using coffee, if this is possible, or should I return back to the traditional command line editor to create a cof file from the scratch.

BR

[image]
Image Upload by The Phrozen Keep
[/image]

Hz133
Russia

Re: Editing cof files from monsters by Inertia

Post by Hz133 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:28 am

It's because of folders' structure. I.e. working "Ant". In that rar, dcc files stored in "dcc" folder instead of token name. Also cof and dcc's filenames don't include token names. So, if you want to create token "e)", you need to rename Ant's "dcc" folder to "tr" (because it has only tr layer), and add "e)" to filenames (cof and dcc). P.S.: the game needs same structure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kpepp

Post by kpepp » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:55 pm

Thank you for your reply. However I am well aware of the necessary folder structure and the token names. The animations still do not work for me. I ll try to fix the files from scratch.
Kind regards,

Hz133
Russia

Post by Hz133 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:46 am

kpepp, can you upload your "E)" folder (archive) from screenshot?

Return to “Multimedia”