Need help with healthpot state globe.

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

eM-Krow
United States of America

Need help with healthpot state globe.

Post by eM-Krow » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:39 pm

So I've been looking for ages for this state's effect because I host a game and someone requested a permapot which I implemented. Now I want to make it so that the "healthpot" state UI effect changes to be solid like the regular globe when at X health. Does anyone know where this DC6/DCC would be stored? I've checked both D2DATA.MPQ and PATCH_D2.MPQ in the local and global UI sections. I'm stuck in a rut right now. Anyways if anyone knows where this is please let me know I'd greatly appreciate it. It'd be cool to have this for healthpot and manapot states.

Thanks,
- eM-Krow

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Need help with healthpot state globe.

Post by Necrolis » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:08 pm

The potion "amount to fill" effect is created by the UI drawing code using the base globe image and drawing it with some transparency. if you want to make it solid you need to change the render code (which is thus version specific).
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

eM-Krow
United States of America

Re: Need help with healthpot state globe.

Post by eM-Krow » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:57 am

Is there a specific instruction on how to do this? By "render code" you mean assembly? I know how to patch the game to do this since I know Olly decently well enough. It's how I made HyperMulti for 1.14c and d (though they were made a tad shoddily but non-threateningly bad).

Anyways, any info you have, a constant value, or a set of assembly, something I can use to find a reference. This would be great. If I have a constant value I could at least attempt to search for it if it was large enough of a value to be considered unique.

Anyways if this render code is not assembly code this makes it easier theoretically. The only problem is I don't know how to search for these values myself. I'm learning slowly on decent ASM editing but it's extremely minor when looking at just ASM like that verse using something like a high leveled programming language.

Return to “Multimedia”