Hunger & Rabies Bug Fix [+plugin ZIP]

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Hunger & Rabies Bug Fix [+plugin ZIP]

Post by mmpx222 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:55 am

It is little known that, when continuously attacking, Hunger always misses every other attack--at certain breakpoints for Werewolf, and always for the Werebear. The thread I linked to contains a brief explanation as to why ("server calculates a different animation length than the client"), which made me believe that the bug *might* be fixable by tinkering with animdata.d2.

The question: Can this bug be semi-fixed by changing the AnimSpeed / action frame of the S3 anim of Werewolf/Werebear? I've never edited animdata.d2 before, but it seems that S3 has different AnimSpeeds than A1 for both Werewolf and Werebear. Perhaps setting them to 256 would fix the issue?

Edit: Adding extra frames to S3 mode for werewolf & werebear solves the issue. Fortunately, the werebear's S3 animation (TGTRLITS3HTH.dcc) already has 13 frames, so we only need to modify the COF file and AnimData.D2. However, the werewolf only has 10 frames in its S3 animation (40TRLITS3HTH.dcc). I copied extra frames from the werewolf's NU mode; the resulting animation looks slightly jerky, but better than duplicating existing frames:

I combined the modified DCC file, COF files for both the Werewolf and Werebear, and AnimData.D2 into a ZIP for anyone who wants the fix in their mod:
Attachments
hunger-fix.zip
(103.23 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Last edited by mmpx222 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Re: Fixing Hunger bug

Post by mmpx222 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:30 pm

Ogodei wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:52 am
Try adding a very minimal delay between each cast (via skills.txt). The delay should be so small that still allows you to spam the skill.
But it would make IAS useless. I could add a formula, but I can't differentiate between WIAS and OIAS, not to mention the speed of the base weapon itself...and adding a hidden automagic to all weapons just for Hunger/Rabies is overkill.

I tinkered with the Wereform speed calculator, which was posted on the Amazon Basin thread linked above. It seems that increasing the FramesPerDirection for 40S3HTH (Werewolf biting anim) and TGS3HTH (Werebear biting anim) in AnimData.D2 solves the issue. +2 frames for the werewolf and +3 frames for the bear should prevent the bug on all observed breakpoints. However, this causes the attack animation to flicker--what do I do?

Edit: I fixed the issue by editing the DCC and COF files for the S3 anim modes. See first post
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

Return to “Multimedia”