Arcanum Character Animations Project

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

100%

Total votes: 1

michael12311
Paladin

Arcanum Character Animations Project

Post by michael12311 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:23 pm

For my mod, I plan to create a steam punk/fantasy theme with the whole idea of magic/technology. At the moment, I have succeeded to manipulate single-part animations and add them into the game without many problems.

One problem though, is that I wish to turn my single part (new token) animations into fully working Character animations (replacing all the old classes). I am stumped and cannot figure out how to achieve the effect. For those of you who are familiar with the game Arcanum/animations, I wish to manipulate the model so that when I am wielding weapons, the animation switches according to the weapon I am holding given I have the right animations.

At the moment, I am testing the animations and was able to turn my amazon into my new animation via state on a charm. What I wish to do, is to turn them into actual character animations.

The problem with my method is that I am unable to change the animation when I wield weapons. Meaning, the animation will always attack with fists even though I am holding a weapon.

If anyone can offer me guidance on how to turn a single part animation into character animation that also includes switching weapons/armor (via other single part animations) would be very appreciated.

Return to “Multimedia”