i need a lot of help with modding in battle.net

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

Gunner1

i need a lot of help with modding in battle.net

Post by Gunner1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:05 am

Hi all. First of all i would like to say that i managed to make all editing by myself so im not here to troll you out with something where I could use search button.

i got a few questions, and it would be cool if you could answear them kinda specific :D

1) I can't find any topic where is expained how to add state on item. i started to wondering if that works only on private mods, not on battle.net one. im trying to add state for example impregnant on tarnhelm. So i go to uniqueitems.txt check line 74 where is tarnhelm. Tarnhelm got mods from prop1 till prop3 i think, so i tryed like that prop4 = state, par4 = impregnant(i also tryed id but no sucess), min4 = 1, max4 = 1. when i join game, i dont have any state on items so if its possible to tell me what im doing wrong?

2)
how to make paladin or any other char invisible like in this picture?

3)how to change tree that will look like the one in act5 frozen thundra?

4)i edited necro skeletons that looks like doom knights and oblivion knights. Doom knights works perfect but when oblivion cast skill, he dissapear from screen for 1 second and then he appear again. i think that problem here is with animation but i don't know what or where to edit? i checked some threads and it says that you need to edit animdata.d2 but i don't know what to edit...

5)I changed my skill icons with other colors. its all fine till i come to paladin aura's. when i edit this color don't appear on aura skills in game at all. what im doing wrong here?

6)I want to recolor the smith which i use instand of charsi like Hephasto in act4 quest 2 hell(he's green color :P). I'm bored to recolor all parts of the smith in sixdices..is there any other way that i can simply turn that monster to how it looks like in hell?

Oh and when smith(charsi) walks a bit more in place(kinda inside her "house" where is this table he disappear. I was thinking to make him smaller or so that he wouldn't disappear but i can't find any of this in monstats.txt or monstats2.txt.

7)I replaced in act1 town, bonfire with rogue fountain..i want that i could always hear voice of falling water like when you go into outer cloister near fountain. i found sound of fountain but i can't find sound of this bonfire. I tryed to edited sounds like fire2,fire4,fire5,fire6 with fountain but still no effect..Does anyone know what sound file bonfire is using?

8) If i equip for example +10 str ring, it will display in char menu with blue color 35 etc. Is it possible to change that blue color from bonus items? If so how?

I made a lot of questions because i worked hard on this but i couldnt find any answear. I will respect any info you could share, thanks!

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: i need a lot of help with modding in battle.net

Post by kingpin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:28 pm

Closed battle.net don't allow mods (so hope that's not what you trying to do) and we don't allow any discussion around closed battle.net either, as that isn't modding.

Open battle.net mods works on as long as it's only text changes and all who join the game use the same mod.

Gunner1

Post by Gunner1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:33 pm

yes i know that. I just hope someone can answear this questions..

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Post by Trevor » Sat May 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Gunner1" wrote:Hi all. First of all i would like to say that i managed to make all editing by myself so im not here to troll you out with something where I could use search button.

i got a few questions, and it would be cool if you could answear them kinda specific :D

1) I can't find any topic where is expained how to add state on item. i started to wondering if that works only on private mods, not on battle.net one. im trying to add state for example impregnant on tarnhelm. So i go to uniqueitems.txt check line 74 where is tarnhelm. Tarnhelm got mods from prop1 till prop3 i think, so i tryed like that prop4 = state, par4 = impregnant(i also tryed id but no sucess), min4 = 1, max4 = 1. when i join game, i dont have any state on items so if its possible to tell me what im doing wrong?

Open up states.txt. Add your state there. Open up your item - place the mod 'state' on the item with the par = state index number. For example, I have a minotaur axe that turns the player into a minotaur. Some states are tied to a skill so you will need to add the skill and let the skill do the work.

2)
how to make paladin or any other char invisible like in this picture?

I have no idea. Someone else will have to help.

3)how to change tree that will look like the one in act5 frozen thundra?

Find what dt1 the tree you want is found in. Add the dt1 to lvltypes for act5 tundra. Edit the dtmask for that particular level. Edit the map and place the tree you want. You can add all kinds of things to maps. It's just time consuming.

4)i edited necro skeletons that looks like doom knights and oblivion knights. Doom knights works perfect but when oblivion cast skill, he dissapear from screen for 1 second and then he appear again. i think that problem here is with animation but i don't know what or where to edit? i checked some threads and it says that you need to edit animdata.d2 but i don't know what to edit...

Animation error. Recheck your cofs, frame count, and modes. Look at the skills you are using and what modes they are cast in.

5)I changed my skill icons with other colors. its all fine till i come to paladin aura's. when i edit this color don't appear on aura skills in game at all. what im doing wrong here?

IDK what you are talking about.

6)I want to recolor the smith which i use instand of charsi like Hephasto in act4 quest 2 hell(he's green color :P). I'm bored to recolor all parts of the smith in sixdices..is there any other way that i can simply turn that monster to how it looks like in hell?

Have you tried using TRANSLVL in monstats.txt.? The value there corresponds to a color palette. You may have to add a palshift.dat to your cof file.

Oh and when smith(charsi) walks a bit more in place(kinda inside her "house" where is this table he disappear. I was thinking to make him smaller or so that he wouldn't disappear but i can't find any of this in monstats.txt or monstats2.txt.

Sounds like an animation error. Did you add a run mode?

7)I replaced in act1 town, bonfire with rogue fountain..i want that i could always hear voice of falling water like when you go into outer cloister near fountain. i found sound of fountain but i can't find sound of this bonfire. I tryed to edited sounds like fire2,fire4,fire5,fire6 with fountain but still no effect..Does anyone know what sound file bonfire is using?

Why not add the water sound to your map and place the sound right around the fountain?

8) If i equip for example +10 str ring, it will display in char menu with blue color 35 etc. Is it possible to change that blue color from bonus items? If so how?

Look at states.txt. You can make some changes here. If you want other colors than those coded in states.txt, search the code editing forum.

I made a lot of questions because i worked hard on this but i couldnt find any answear. I will respect any info you could share, thanks!
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

lovesick00

Post by lovesick00 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:19 am

Death-Enforcer
Paladin

Post by Death-Enforcer » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:03 am

kingpin" wrote:Closed battle.net don't allow mods (so hope that's not what you trying to do) and we don't allow any discussion around closed battle.net either, as that isn't modding.

Open battle.net mods works on as long as it's only text changes and all who join the game use the same mod.
DLL changes that are used on open bnet aren't able to work? only TCP/IP?
Death is the only Constant

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:53 am

Death-Enforcer" wrote:
kingpin" wrote:Closed battle.net don't allow mods (so hope that's not what you trying to do) and we don't allow any discussion around closed battle.net either, as that isn't modding.

DLL changes that are used on open bnet aren't able to work? only TCP/IP?
It wont work, in worse case you risk get your cd key perm banned.

Game have security checks to see if you have modified dll's.

in LAN games (tcp-ip) dll changes works fine.

Return to “Multimedia”