Is this possible?

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

Arcblazer9

Is this possible?

Post by Arcblazer9 » Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:01 pm

Is it possible to use the warrior,sorceror, and monk sprites from D1/Hellfire as enemies (or heroes?) in LoD?
:?: :?: :?:
~*~Arcblazer~*~

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:21 pm

Yes you can, only it would take a lot of work to do it. For example we have lots of D1 monsters coonverted and ready for using in D2 mods already :)

Replacing character animations require more work. The original D1 character animations had 8 directions, D2 char animations have 16 directions. So you would have to edit all the D1 char animations one by one to have 16 directions as well, and also edit the framecount of the animation to match the D2 char animations framecount. Do that to some hundred animations, and you will have a D1 char in D2 ;)

Arcblazer9

Post by Arcblazer9 » Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:42 pm

Lol. :lol:

That's probably why no one has converted them yet...hehe.

Well, atleast the Rouge is useable, right now.
~*~Arcblazer~*~

Incandescent One
Champion of the Light

Post by Incandescent One » Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:56 pm

Hey Arcblazer, replacing heroes is possible but would take some doing, there are a lot of animations involved in replacing one of the existing player characters (as Alkalund said). As monsters it could be more easily done though, in fact there's 3 monsters that i've got in mind to replace, but it's a bit further down my 'to do' list {M}

Incidentally, while i'm here, is there anyone prepared to mail me the original Horkspawn cl2 files? can't find them anywhere, know i had them at some point cos i made the plug-in! :oops:
Incandescence

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:25 pm

You can make it easier by lessening the graphic variations in armor and weapons, but this would effect ALL characters. I know Brother Laz did something like this in Demon Trip.

Arcblazer9

Post by Arcblazer9 » Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:06 am

Heh. Since Im just starting to make mods, I don't think I should attempt converting any D1/Hellfire Classes as enemies or usable characters.

I was going to replace the Sorceress with the Sorceror, replace the Paladin with the Monk, and replace the Barbarian with the Warrior.

Of course, I'd have to edit skills too.

I wonder how hard it would be to give a character a "Repair" skill. Like the one the Warrior uses in D1. Heh.
~*~Arcblazer~*~

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:21 am

FoxBat" wrote:You can make it easier by lessening the graphic variations in armor and weapons, but this would effect ALL characters. I know Brother Laz did something like this in Demon Trip.
Yes, he made all armor use the light armor graphics variation for each char IIRC, and probably made most weapons use the same graphics as well.
Incandescent One" wrote: Incidentally, while i'm here, is there anyone prepared to mail me the original Horkspawn cl2 files? can't find them anywhere, know i had them at some point cos i made the plug-in
I don't remember this one, is it from Hellfire? Perhaps I can get them to you, just let me remember who is the guy... :mrgreen:

Incandescent One
Champion of the Light

Post by Incandescent One » Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:15 am

Hey Alkalund, Horkspawns were the little bouncing balls with teeth, the were tomatos:
If you can find the cl2s somewhere i'd appreciate it :)
Incandescence

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:23 pm

Ok Incandescent One, the Horkspawn cl2 files should be arriving at your mailbox at any moment now :)

EDIT: hmmm, you need to free some space at your mailbox, the mail was returned. I'm sending you a 307KB zip file ;)

Incandescent One
Champion of the Light

Post by Incandescent One » Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:20 pm

Thanks Alkalund, i've just deleted over 800 messages from my inbox, have to keep a tighter rein on that in the future :oops:
Should have a bit more space in there now, to make sure though, if you cc it to Incandescent_One_uk@yahoo.com then it should send it to both my regular e-mail accounts :)
Incandescence

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:50 pm

Ok just sent them again... hopefully you should get them this time :)

Return to “Multimedia”