New Music Tutorial

This is the place to discuss all issues relating to the manipulation of graphics/animations, sounds, music and cinematics within Diablo 2.

Moderators: Necrolis, Nefarius

100%

Total votes: 1

XoeoX

Re: New Music Tutorial

Post by XoeoX » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:45 pm

Nope didnt work.

And does it only work on single player? It still dosent load it in single player , just asking.
#%@* !#$@& !!!! Im lost again...

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:48 pm

XoeoX";p="163174" wrote: If I wanted to change all of the games music, what would I put so the shortcut loads each one?
The -direct-txt shrtcut will load all the music files if they're placed in the correct folders.

About your problem - is your data folder placed in your Diablo II folder? Everything else seems fine with your shortcut.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

XoeoX

Post by XoeoX » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:55 pm

Yes....

D:\Program Files\Diablo II\Data\Global\Music\Act1\town1.wav

Windows Xp Pro. dosnt have anything to do w/ it does it?
The -direct-txt shrtcut will load all the music files if they're placed in the correct folders.
did you mean to put no spaces between -direct and -txt? or should there be? I have no spaces in mine.
Last edited by XoeoX on Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eltear
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Eltear » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:00 pm

There should be one space before each parameter.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:03 pm

Eltear";p="163267" wrote: There should be one space before each parameter.
Incorrect. My shortcut works without spaces between -direct, -txt and -w.
ONYX

Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

XoeoX

Post by XoeoX » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:18 pm

Its been brought to my attention that Defilus has used:

data\global\excel\music\act1\town1.wav

instead of:

data\global\music\act1\town1.wav

it was changed somewhere down the line and im confused to which is right.
Ill go open MPQViewer again and check the path, but ill do it later.
I sure hope thats the problem.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:23 pm

XoeoX";p="163298" wrote: data\global\excel\music\act1\town1.wav
Wrong
XoeoX";p="163298" wrote: data\global\music\act1\town1.wav
Correct

It's not this that is causing it for sure ;)
ONYX

custom

Post by custom » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:52 pm

im getting kind of frustrated not that you all dont put good tutorials out it just seems no one has the same problems as me and ever mod i try to make it seems like it wont work for me but it does for other people anyways sorry for the bull my problem is this i have done everything exactly as the tutorials says (or at least i think i have doubled triple and any ther checks posible i think i missig somthing) anyways if anyone knows why D2 is still playing the regular music instead of my PANTERA i would really apretiate it i have the music in the d2 directory under data\lobal\music\act1\town1.wav and it still doesnt work i made winamp run in 22.050 kbs 16 bit stereo just like it said loade the music and played it into c:\mod\music\ and then copy pasted it into ata\global\music\act1\then i named it as town1.wav so i dont real get it

sorry for making multiple post but can you use music from a CD that has been burned to your computer and then imported into winamp?

thanks alot

HdxBmx27

Post by HdxBmx27 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:38 pm

ok heres my problim. My music file is 3:27 long in winamp. But in diablo it playes in 1:53 and its all fast/high pitched. I need to get it to play at its true speed. I am making sorta a demo mod for my band. All songs will be replaced by ones we have writtin and sung. Anyone know how to get the speed down. I can change the music just it plays to fast.
~-~(HDX)~-~

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:01 pm

Your .wav file is not the correct format: 16-bit stereo @ 22,050 Hz. Convert it and it will play properly ;)
ONYX

HdxBmx27

Post by HdxBmx27 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:45 am

Well i fallowed your instructions. I can even take a series of ss's to show what i did if you like. And yes thats the format i used.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Scrute
Paladin

Post by Scrute » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:54 pm

Ah hah! Right thread!

It was slow for me too. How I fixed it: Simply convert the file again. Also, if you're doing this I believe it uses your Sound volume, NOT Music. If you can't hear anything, ensure your sound volume is on. I could barely hear it, I turned my sound volume down. When I turned it back up, it came in loud and clear. If your volumes are set, then I do not know.

Jerm

Post by Jerm » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:08 am

At the intro, is there a way to make music loop?... b/c i noticed after listening to my song i think its 3:09 ... it goes to d2 music..
For you I'd do anything just to make you happy hear you tell me that you're proud of me.

For them I'll kill anything cut the throats of babies for them break their hearts for they were them. -Co&Ca

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:15 am

there is a list of music played on intro in D2Win.dll , you need to do some code editing to fix it and allow only your music to loop.
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

StarFish

Post by StarFish » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:28 pm

this doesnt work for me either -.-

I haev a town1.wav located in

data/global/music/act1/town1.wav

so I compiled it into a mpq ... but still I get no sounds at all ... just the sound of rain ... is it possible that d2 refuses to play the son if its in the wrong file format? it's in 16-bit stereo @ 44 Hz ... but it should work anyway, just in a high pitch, shouldnt it? =/

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Mon May 17, 2004 2:58 pm

Here it is:
Foun some awesome clasic music to insert, but a few probs appeared:
I inserted new intro music and works perfectly, but when it comes with in-game music, it's awful! like singing from the bottom of a barrel. Not to mention that I tried a some metal music and could only hear some weird anoying buzzing: like buzz buzz buzzz, you know... :drunks:
So I'm just buzzzzing alot at my computer, but I know that won't help so please buzzzz an answer to me because ...buzzzzzzzzzzzzz... :letitallout:
Death is not an option!

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Mon May 17, 2004 3:05 pm

Well, as I already said in this topic:
onyx";p="165703" wrote: Your .wav file is not the correct format: 16-bit stereo @ 22,050 Hz. Convert it and it will play properly ;)
ONYX

eM

Post by eM » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:12 pm

This tutorial has worked great for me!

Thank you so much Defilus!

I've been wondering how to do this for a very long time and now I can. Thank you again.

eM

Slayer101

Post by Slayer101 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:54 am

Okay, I need help.
I followed the first half of the tutorial but I got kinda stuck. After changing the output settings so that it would write the music in a wav file, nothing happens. I hit play, and it plays normally. I thought it wasn't supposed to play at all and was supposed to write the file in my folder.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what im doing wrong?

Fonalrono

Post by Fonalrono » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:00 pm

Just a quick thing, midi files will always run slow, try to find mpegs if you can
Fonalrono Treehuggerr
65 Storm Warden of Tunare
Proud Member of Seeds of Legends(Torvonillous)
48AA(MGB, DC, EXDS, SCF2, HG2, SotW1, RC1)

Defilus
Paladin

Post by Defilus » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:34 pm

Its been a whle since i posted at the keep (the new look kinda put me off a bit)

To let you know what I did with mine, i used some ripped playstation music (for final fantasy tactics) and placed it as the Act4 music (when you reach diablo's sanctuary)

Yes, i know it plays rather quietly. I'm not quite sure how to fix that. the only solution i can see so far is to jack your in-game music settings all the way up, and turn sound down. Thats the best solution i've come up with so far.

And any kind of music format will work with this moethod. you ABSOLUTELY NEED TO MAKE SURE IT IS IN THE RIGHT FREQUENCY!!! I've read all of the posts on this thread and common problem is "I cant hear music" or "Music doesn't play right" Please follow the tutorial at least twice.

The Act1.wav music should work fine. I've done a few music conversions for that file. Also, just make sure the shortcut has -direct -txt and that the music is in

data\global\music\ActX\xxx.wav

x is whatever the act# and music file are.

sorry i didnt reply to you fellows sooner. Real life caught up with me at about the time i posted this XD
Winamp Music Conversion Tutorial
Diablo 2: The Great Resurrection.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind."

Cz_Barbie
Champion of the Light

Post by Cz_Barbie » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:13 pm

Can i use other format than .wav? .mp3 for example (but better would be .ogg)? If i put town1.mp3 into data\global\music\act1 folder. i hope i can cuz wavs are really big..
EDIT - repaired typo (from town to town1)
Last edited by Cz_Barbie on Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:27 pm

No you can, Diablo II only use wav.
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

Cz_Barbie
Champion of the Light

Post by Cz_Barbie » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:34 pm

Uh ok.. but thats terrible i got a 8:23 long song which takes 42MB 8-O btw i tried it and it sounds ok but the size.. maybe is there a chance that the .wav file gets smaller when packed into .mpq?
EDIT - i should also learn a bit more how to work with GoldWave (great program!) and try to ,,mix" the song so it has bout 3mins..

EDIT 2 - uff.. it took me 50mins but finally i ,,remixed" it :) it now has 1:57 and takes 9mb which i can survive..
Last edited by Cz_Barbie on Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tweak

Post by Tweak » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:12 am

Jees, nobody wants to help the poor guy huh (I see the date but I still plunge on) Here is exactly what you need to do

Step 1 Install Diablo2LOD
Step 2 Create a Shortcut (not .bat file) to Diablo ii.exe
Step 3 alter the TARGET line to read EXACTLY THIS!
"<PATH TO DIABLO>" -direct -txt
replace path with your particular path
Alter the START IN to something like
"D:\Program files\Diablo II\Mods\MusMod"
Step 4 copy the wav to D:\Program files\Diablo II\Mods\MusMod\Data\Global\Music\Act1\Town1.wav (No Excel folder needed for this trick)
Step 5 run Diablo
Step 6 make sure you have your music vol turned up a bit in the sound options of D2.
TADAAAA!

Ps. WAV, MP3, OGG all pack in any format zip or mpq to about the same size they were outside the box as it were.
Last edited by Tweak on Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Multimedia”