post problems/bugs/unbalances/etc.. here

The Valhalla mod forum has moved to http://afterlife.ws.
Falcon

Re: post problems/bugs/unbalances/etc.. here

Post by Falcon » Tue May 27, 2003 3:02 am

I'm not sure, but it crashes when the gamble screen loads, not when I gamble an item

Also theres a bug with telekinesis, I can't pick up anything via telekinesis

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Wed May 28, 2003 4:53 am

It's difficult finding the item that it is because there are so many. If I can't find it by this sunday I'm going to move it to plan 2 and release it on Monday. I need to get release 3 out.
Valhalla Mod for D2:LoD v1.1

God invented whiskey to prevent the Irish from taking over the world!

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Thu May 29, 2003 6:30 am

Set demonhead other than skadi, its black and it causes access violations. It happened twice when i crafted it into set, on the third try i got skadi so i was fine. Maybe that'll help you

edit: also transmuting torch + jared's stone comes out with a cedar staff instead of swirling crystal.
Last edited by Falcon on Thu May 29, 2003 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bue
Paladin

Post by Bue » Thu May 29, 2003 10:44 am

actually that happens with any class-specific item... oh and Mithril coil set crashes too, well sometimes at least, i got one now that works, but i know it crashes the game sometimes, same problem as demonhead.

bue

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Fri May 30, 2003 2:20 am

Bue";p="101501" wrote:actually that happens with any class-specific item... oh and Mithril coil set crashes too, well sometimes at least, i got one now that works, but i know it crashes the game sometimes, same problem as demonhead.

bue
KroniK is the one that made these sets. Hopefully he will have information on it.

druss

Post by druss » Fri May 30, 2003 8:20 pm

looks like the Boneweave boots think its for zon set crashes whenever i try to id em

Druss.

DiabloGuru

Post by DiabloGuru » Sat May 31, 2003 1:58 pm

Nagelring causes my game to crash when i´m killing andy :letskill:

Mrrheus

Post by Mrrheus » Sat May 31, 2003 7:10 pm

The recipe that make socks on itens don't work in Tal Rashas belt, marks zero sockets.

Could u make lightning and chain lightning works w/ cast speed insted of attack speed, and add class ammys to gamble screen (class itens would be nice too)?

FrozNic

Post by FrozNic » Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:35 pm

k, first off, ownage mod! :) been playin it all night. our little attackmin error bug was a pain in my (mumble mumble mumble) .. it's 6a.m. now. at about 11 last night i started playin with 2 other guys.. well, at about 12:30 we got to act 2 with like lvl 15 -20 chars. hirelings from act 1 etc. well, we got going into act 2 and right as we got outside of town kaplooee, game crash : assertion error in monsterunique.cpp. thought about this for a while, tried a couple things. my first thought was, man, wouldn't it be wonderful to grap that file, open it in visual studios, and goto the line number the error was on, find out what the error was, what was causing it, and fix it.... but, since i couldn't get to line number 1782 without some code, i though up some other things, ideas, and causes to prob. to fix it.first thought was the minimum damag. so we got rid of all items with min damg stuff, and tried that... same error, went back to act 1, played around, started crashing in random locations. thought about it somemore, remember the hirelings lol, checked items on hirelings, no min stuff but noticed that my friend got act 2 hireling, whose defence is unrealistically 900+ or something. so i told him to beat the hireling over the head till he died and go back out to act 2 to see if probs still exhisted... and walaa, prob gone. after 4 hours of screwing with it, it's the hirelings... noticed u said u fixed it also, we have .2 or whatever it was and same prob. if u got another ver of it or w/e that'd be great, but for now we just don't use lvl 2 hirelings, and i think lvl 3 hirelings cause probs too.. i'm not sure if it's item + hireling related, or just hirling, but getting rid of the act 2 hireling fixed it... anyway, there's my ramblings for hours of debugging. ima goto sleep now :) bi

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:47 pm

Release 3 is being uploaded now. The problem with the a2 mercs may still exist. I didn't check these forums before I started uploading it. I found the min <= max errors with a code for excel that I was told to use. There were more than 1 uniques with the error which would cause the crashing so often. Hope everything will work now. Check the news page often for the next hour to see when the file is up and done.

malrog

Post by malrog » Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:37 pm

Hi!

I run the game and started my game. Went to Far Oasis (normal) , it crashed both times.

This is the error:

Asserton Failure
Expression: ptMonStats->pnAttack1MinDamage[0] == 0

Please fix this as soon as possible. Thanks. I can't play with this error, so no valhalla for until it's fixed =(

Thanks for a great mod.

PS. I didn't see this forum at first =p so I got an own topic with it. sorry.

Bue
Paladin

Post by Bue » Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:23 pm

well i get the exact same error message after i download the new version....
Assertion Failure
Expresiion : ptStats->pnAttack1MinDamage[0] == 1

:(
first mob i killed and bam,, this popped up :(

Got another one here... clearing a bloodrun... just to test the new version... this pops up :(

Assertion failure
Expression : (nMissiles - 1) / 5 <=MISSILEARRAY_TABLE_LENGTH

this happened right after i found a unique mesh armor too :( doubt i have it on me now..

Could it be catapults... ? have seen another mod crash before because of those charged bolt catapults firing too many bolts....

Bue
Last edited by Bue on Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:07 pm

Bah, that's from Mercs again. Don't use mercs, I'll have to fix that again.

druss

Post by druss » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:09 am

Hi i was wondering if it would be possible for u guys to make a new recipi to resocket a item or remove the stuff u allready put in sockets.

Druss.

malrog

Post by malrog » Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:00 am

Heh.. do you even beta test your mod before releasing it ? =p

Here's another error:

Assertion Failure
Expression: (UINT)nAnimFrame <= tCelContext.dwCelsPerDirection

Keep up the good work :>

I think you need a new release this week :>
I really hope you can make one.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:20 am

My sorc's got an issue too. Level 140 and before my game finishes loading it crashes. When I alt tab to see it, it closes so I can't help with what the error is.

malrog

Post by malrog » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:26 am

hi. yet another error. hehe.

Here's the message:

Assertion Failure
Expression: (nMissiles - 1) / 5 <= MISSILEARRAY_TABLE_LENGHT

This happend at act5 first part ( blood something )
Can't remeber the name for it =p pretty longe since I've played last time, before I started with D2:lod again.

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:58 am

Falcon";p="102603" wrote:My sorc's got an issue too. Level 140 and before my game finishes loading it crashes. When I alt tab to see it, it closes so I can't help with what the error is.
One of the uniques you had on her were changed most likely.

Mrrheus

Post by Mrrheus » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:39 am

Afterlife,

I'm still on second release, w/ a necro and have find so many "impossible to kill monsters" for a sorcy in NM (Summoner Im= Cold, Light and Fire; Duriel IM= light and fire; Mephisto[not so hard] IM= Light and Fire ; Diablo IM= Light, Cold and Fire)... In the first release I just have this kind of trouble w/ Summoner in Hell, Did u changed this on the 3 release?

Don't worry about the bugs (act 2 merc has allways been a buggy thing to most of the modmakers) if the players have come to this forum to talk about it, is 'cos they really enjoyed your mod :)

Lucky

Note: I got the 3 release, but first I want to close hell w/ my necro :)

Bue
Paladin

Post by Bue » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:47 am

well the problem with the missile array bug thing is the catapults... most likely the charged bolt ones, if you set em to too high amount of bolts being released.

Bue

druss

Post by druss » Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:14 pm

afterlife1488";p="102628" wrote:
Falcon";p="102603" wrote:My sorc's got an issue too. Level 140 and before my game finishes loading it crashes. When I alt tab to see it, it closes so I can't help with what the error is.
One of the uniques you had on her were changed most likely.

It might be a changed Item but i had the same problem with my sorc back in the versioen right after beta It was my barb merc that crashed the game. try install the previous version and kill merc then install the new and c how it works.

Druss.

malrog

Post by malrog » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:51 am

hi!

That missilearray thing causes ACT 5 to be unplayable.. you have to make a fix for this as soon as possible..

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:12 am

I can't get onto my sorc anymore, no matter what release I try. CRAP!

malrog

Post by malrog » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:56 am

ok! aftelife, you mod is great, BUT in v3 you made it a bit more borring.
It's way to hard. I die by metor storms cast på those evil bastards, and I were a whole screen away from it.
Diablo kills everything with his flame ring, i had 900 life, no match against it. worked with a little more res thought.
duriel is also way to hard, I can't even hurt him without dying before I've even shot at him.

Items are very good and so on, but magic takes tooo much damage and monsters could have a little less dmg too.

Too hard ain't fun you know :>

So you REALLY need to set down things, specially the skill lvls at the monsters.. I have never seen a large "flame thrower" like that before from the little ones in act 3. it crosses 2-3 screens. I use 800x600.

Keep up the great work!

Please release a new version as fast as possible! act 5 is NOT playable with triggerarray error!

Bue
Paladin

Post by Bue » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:09 pm

well i think mobs hit abit too hard too... just started a pala in version 3. and god its hard, pumped alot of vitality got some nice gear and still at level 10, mobs need to hit me twice to kill me in act1, even got around 20% damage reduced, and after i killed blood raven.. i really cant get started again, since my ¤#%¤#&¤%# merc crashes the game all the time.
hehe, still a wonderful mod though, but i think the damage needs to be toned down just abit.

Bue

Return to “Valhalla”