post problems/bugs/unbalances/etc.. here

The Valhalla mod forum has moved to http://afterlife.ws.
Cyrus-Blaze

Re: post problems/bugs/unbalances/etc.. here

Post by Cyrus-Blaze » Wed May 07, 2003 6:30 am

We found a few more.. oddities within the game aswell. Right now we are in NM act 5 and have yet to see any of the cubing items (jaws, torches, stuff like that) just wondering if they were extremely rare or just something wrong with it.

Also we have noticed that runes are almost obsolete. The few that we have found we almost as good as some of the chipped\flawed stuff we used back in act1 norm :-|

as usual.. if we find anything else out we will let you know. just hoping that after all the bugs (or at least most of em) are gone we can enjoy this mod to it's fullest :mrgreen:

akurah

Post by akurah » Wed May 07, 2003 3:21 pm

Level 32 is still insanely low for those swords--Cyrus and I were level thirty when we we were done with act1. Level.. sixty, was it? By the end of act4. In normal.

Also, another possible nerf for the topazes--Have it give +1 skill to only a certain elemental tree according to where it is socketed--example, sock your ptopaz in your shield, it'll give you +1 in cold skills. Sock the bad boy in your armor, he gives you +1 fire skills. Sock him in your helm? +1 lightning skills. And as a sort of special bonus (to be nice) +1 all skills if you sock it in your belt (since you can't really abuse that--belts be two socks, yanno?)

Sorceresses are generally intended to be duel-elementalists, IE, only fire and cold, maybe minimal lightning, or lightning and cold, minimal fire. When a sorceress can boost all three trees at insane levels with +skills alone, she's too powerful.

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Wed May 07, 2003 8:52 pm

Cyrus: Jaws and Brains can only be bought from Charsi in a1, though in the version you guys are playing she doesnt sell them and they don't drop from monsters. I have already fixed this for the next version. Later tonight I will post a beta for testers to play, so you 2 can download it if you want and use your characters on it and have everything that is missing or buggy.

I'm not sure about runes, I'll have to look into that problem. Do you mean they don't drop much or they are useless because of their properties?

akurah: I'll start increasing all of the unique level req so that they fit in along with the level250 max for characters.

Your idea on the ptopaz's is a good idea, though, with shields and charms the sorceress will be able to socket many charms and get many +skills, I'm thinking of totally taking the +skills off of all of the gems and maybe just make new gems for high level req that give + to skill tabs for certain characters for different items excluding shields and charms. I cannot add any more certain items to the socketing, the default is set to helm, armor, shield, weapons.. with the addition of anything new to be socketed I have to give it the properties of something that already has a default. This may be fixed in v1.0(BNET) whenever it comes out.
Valhalla Mod for D2:LoD v1.1

God invented whiskey to prevent the Irish from taking over the world!

avalloc

Post by avalloc » Wed May 07, 2003 9:15 pm

[quote=Cyrus-Blaze";p="96723"]We found a few more.. oddities within the game aswell. Right now we are in NM act 5 and have yet to see any of the cubing items (jaws, torches, stuff like that) just wondering if they were extremely rare or just something wrong with it.

Also we have noticed that runes are almost obsolete. The few that we have found we almost as good as some of the chipped\flawed stuff we used back in act1 norm :-|

as usual.. if we find anything else out we will let you know. just hoping that after all the bugs (or at least most of em) are gone we can enjoy this mod to it's fullest :mrgreen:[/quote]

Yes, as Afterlife said, I'm wondering what you meant by that. I think that if you were a low lvl and found a lot of low lvl runes and found a good socket item, that would be a pretty powerful item, so I dont know if I should GREATLY increase the runes. But I will make them a bit more powerful.

Cyrus-Blaze

Post by Cyrus-Blaze » Wed May 07, 2003 11:07 pm

what i meant is that runes rarely drop. we just finished NM and i have seen maybe 20-30 runes.

That and the rune are extremely weak compared to gems of the same level requrment. And gems are also much more common (you can buy them) So as far as i have seen Runes are practically useless.

As for the gems not giving +skills that would help balance alot :)

Also this isnt all that big but with the charms you buy, you can buy them infinately just like gems and potions. Not sure if it's supposed to be that way.. but it causes some issues (buying 30+ +20 life SC's is a bit unbalancing IMO)

Also we found out that there s a cap on DR, wich is a good thing. If there wasnt that cap my barb would be physically immune (80% DR from sheild, 20%DR from sword)

Another skill that seems a bit odd is glacial spike (i think, thats akurahs specialty) well it works well, but it freeze and damage radius is completely insnae. almost 2 screens away things are freezing and shattering. now maybe if it had less radius, and does less damage to enemies farther from the impact. or even if it kept the same radius but just chills and does a bit less damage to the radius.

With glacial spike alone, akurah was able to clear NM cows faster than any Javazon i have seen :-|
as i told her, Zons would be jealus, Necros would hate her, and leechers would love her :-|

Bue
Paladin

Post by Bue » Wed May 07, 2003 11:37 pm

well, yeah, now i have to admit that sorc is too overpowered compared to my barb, sorry Akurah :P, but i think the idea of just giving monsters abit more resists, and lowering topaz to +1 skills should do the trick.

Bue

akurah

Post by akurah » Wed May 07, 2003 11:46 pm

Some suggestions for glacial spike nerf--
One idea... Freezes only the target, the radius recieves a chill effect with the chilled monsters recieving considerably less damage. Cyrus came up with that'n.

Another that I thought of--cap the radius to ten yards, freezes target, chills only those around it, but no damage nerf.

Or if you cap the radius to five yards and do nothing else, that would probably also be sufficient.

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Thu May 08, 2003 1:17 am

Ok, I made it so that charms are no longer permanent store items.

I changed the RD on amethyst's to + Defense because I won't want people getting overpowered from their socketed charms. I may have to change other gems too that could get too powerful for charms.

I capped glacial spike's radius to 7, it won't get any more radius per level. I kept the damage the same because monsters will have more resistance to sorceress skills in the next version. Glacial spike is a somewhat low skill and should be treated as such.

add: I've edited all the gems for their shield/charms properties so that they won't be overpowerful.
Last edited by afterlife1488 on Thu May 08, 2003 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bue
Paladin

Post by Bue » Thu May 08, 2003 2:01 am

well now i found my first elite unique, Thors glass something(phase blade), and dang was i dissapointed compared to the other cool stuff around, its like 58 dam max, ignore defense and another mod.... think you should look at that, unless you plan on making it like that :P

Bue

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Thu May 08, 2003 3:27 am

[quote=Bue";p="96891"]well now i found my first elite unique, Thors glass something(phase blade), and dang was i dissapointed compared to the other cool stuff around, its like 58 dam max, ignore defense and another mod.... think you should look at that, unless you plan on making it like that :P

Bue[/quote]

Will do.

[DoH]Beavis

Post by [DoH]Beavis » Thu May 08, 2003 5:49 pm

Just found the uniq bone wand "Ansgar´s Rod" its just like the uniq Sharktooth armor, it has no modifiers what so ever ...

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Thu May 08, 2003 8:38 pm

[quote=[DoH]Beavis";p="97049"]Just found the uniq bone wand "Ansgar´s Rod" its just like the uniq Sharktooth armor, it has no modifiers what so ever ...[/quote]

One of the properties got messed up which screwed up the whole unique, it's fixed now.

druss

Post by druss » Fri May 09, 2003 2:08 am

hey there.

sorry my first mess got posted the wrong place so here i try again.

i have been playing a little with the sorc and at lvl 100 with a lot of the gems and stuff i got my meteor skill to lvl 66 with fire mastery at lvl 52.
that brings the dammage up to around 97k but i CANT hurt any monsters
dunno if any other skills gets the same problem at high lvl my ts is atm at lvl 64 but has no problem.

thanks for a great mod.
ill be looking forward to the new update.

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Fri May 09, 2003 2:11 am

[quote=druss";p="97148"]hey there.

sorry my first mess got posted the wrong place so here i try again.

i have been playing a little with the sorc and at lvl 100 with a lot of the gems and stuff i got my meteor skill to lvl 66 with fire mastery at lvl 52.
that brings the dammage up to around 97k but i CANT hurt any monsters
dunno if any other skills gets the same problem at high lvl my ts is atm at lvl 64 but has no problem.

thanks for a great mod.
ill be looking forward to the new update.[/quote]

This is something that cannot be readily fixed. When damage of a skill gets too high it just stops doing damage. Luckily, in the next version you will not be able to do that much damage because of the nerf I put on a lot of things. This happened to me once on an old version of TFW and thunderstorm. After TS got too high in damage it just stopped doing any damage at all.

gwolf

Post by gwolf » Tue May 20, 2003 8:00 pm

hi there,gwolf here and I wanted to let you know of the problems i have ran into.Before I do that I just want thank you and everyone else that put a lot hard work in this massive mod.It is the biggest mod i have seen for any game i played.However I had several ctds with the assertion failure,i first discovered itin the first act when i tried to finish off the last quest,so i used the editor to bypass this quest completely,so i went to the second act and went into the sewer after fighting the red monsters which there was a lot of(sorry can't remember their name)and they were right at the begining the game ctd(crash to desktop) and gave me again the assertion failure.what do i do to fix this,is it going to be fixed in the newest version or if i drop my npc will it work.thanks by the way.

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Tue May 20, 2003 8:49 pm

[quote=gwolf";p="99945"]hi there,gwolf here and I wanted to let you know of the problems i have ran into.Before I do that I just want thank you and everyone else that put a lot hard work in this massive mod.It is the biggest mod i have seen for any game i played.However I had several ctds with the assertion failure,i first discovered itin the first act when i tried to finish off the last quest,so i used the editor to bypass this quest completely,so i went to the second act and went into the sewer after fighting the red monsters which there was a lot of(sorry can't remember their name)and they were right at the begining the game ctd(crash to desktop) and gave me again the assertion failure.what do i do to fix this,is it going to be fixed in the newest version or if i drop my npc will it work.thanks by the way.[/quote]

Do you have the first release or the second? I am not sure what is causing this because I have not run into any lately and neither have any of the testers. I will fix the problem after I find it and it will work fine in release 3 this Sunday.

Div

Post by Div » Tue May 20, 2003 10:59 pm

Assertion Failure
Expression:nMin <=nMax

That happens alot when I try to gamble.

Im using the 1.11 beta/2.0 beta according to the readme, any suggestions? This happens ALOT. Another similar error was occuring alot in Act 3 as well.

Edit- I got the second version and I still got this error =(
Last edited by Div on Wed May 21, 2003 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Wed May 21, 2003 12:02 am

That problem seems to be with the redone gambling file I added into it. I know what the problem is and I'll fix it.

Ankaidu

Post by Ankaidu » Wed May 21, 2003 8:44 am

**Bug Alert** :roll:

First, I'll note the bug:

Valhalla vs.2.0 Release2

Assertion Failure
Expression: nMin <= nMax

I think it just means that one of the item mod's min value is higher than the max value.

I got this error via killing Andy and gambling

On a good note: Well, I'm currently on a modding project of my own, and I decided to wind down and try a new mod out. I have to say that this mod is really enjoyable, and it comes complete with a few original ideas. I haven't played into it too much so I haven't much to say about the balance, 90% of the items, or the pro's and cons of a Uber character. I can say that I tend to kill everything on every level I come across b/c, in a scence, I'm an experience hog. I was LvL 12 by the time I finished the den 8-O

If I come across anymore qwerks I'll be sure to post them.

BTW, the backgrounds on the char. screen and the inv. screen are superb.
Think you can/will do that with the other bar at bottom of screen?

Oh yeah, I like the class-specific amulets too.

Enough ramblings from an intoxicated mind....

Lates,
Ank
Last edited by Ankaidu on Wed May 21, 2003 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------------------------
(x<)<\===<; ... |3ehinD YA

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Thu May 22, 2003 2:36 am

Thanks for the compliments. If you were gambling and got that crash, it was from gambling. The gambling crash will be fixed in the next version.

Div

Post by Div » Thu May 22, 2003 3:42 am

I got the same crash from meph again right when I killed him.. Hmm..

On another note, your Andalusite gem has the same of a Flawless Ruby I believe, but the kicker is the Flawless Ruby has 60% Target Defense.. Whats that mod do anyway? Never really knew.

Another WAY OVERPOWER unbalance. I am playing a pally legit and im having a blast. I did tons and tons of Blood runs for cash in normal (I havent beat baal yet) and eventually got enough to buy the hearts and brains to make my new unique War Axe have 6, yes 6 sockets. I then insterted 3 Flawless Ammys (TON of ED and +Max Dmg), A Flawless Ruby (30 Deadly Stirke, Crushing Blow, and 60% Target Defense), a Flawless Diamond (25% Res, 20% Open Wounds, and one other one), and a Perfect Skull (11% Life/Mana leech, 30% IAS)

So it makes the damage around 170 on the axe, and I do up to 2000 with zeal (lvl 31) and fana (lvl 15). I can kill everything in basicly one-two hits. I also began my custom amulet (BTW THAT FEATURE KICKS ASS!) and it has 50% IAS. So with this crazy damage, I have crazy speed. I guess the pally got some love but I think something needs revisiting, especailly the 6 sockets in the uniques.

You could:
A. Make it HARD to get the ingrediants
B. Keep that recipe, and omit uniques and make a seperate one for uniques that requires alot more
C. Not allow uniques to be X socketed period (cept 1 heh, larzuk).

And for the Andalusite, maybe you should increase the %s? or decrease those on the Flawless Ruby.

My 2 cent!
Great mod, I decided to play one to warm me up for 1.10 this is it!

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Thu May 22, 2003 4:08 am

I think I'll just nerf the gems a bit so that they aren't as powerful for that stuff.

Ankaidu

Post by Ankaidu » Thu May 22, 2003 6:26 am

afterlife1488,

Those errors are caused by a modifier on an item being wrong. The particular errors posted suggests that a minimum value on a modifier is higher than the maximum value. The reason why it happens a lot during gambling is because people like the way gambling works in your mod so they do it often. If you note some of these posts, it says that some people got the same crash by killing monsters as well. The reason why it happens like this is because the crash is occuring while items are being generated. So if an item spawns with the particular modifier it then causes a crash. I'm almost 100% certain on this, but you may want to ask a more experienced modder than I.

Lates,
Ank
---------------------------------------
(x<)<\===<; ... |3ehinD YA

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat May 24, 2003 8:01 am

Theres something wrong with the gamble, keep gambling in act 1 at Gheed and after 4-6 tries he'll crash me. I've been able to replicate it twice so far and I'd like to keep playing and gamble some better items if possible.

afterlife1488
Champion of the Light

Post by afterlife1488 » Mon May 26, 2003 1:46 pm

[quote=Falcon";p="100597"]Theres something wrong with the gamble, keep gambling in act 1 at Gheed and after 4-6 tries he'll crash me. I've been able to replicate it twice so far and I'd like to keep playing and gamble some better items if possible.[/quote]

What item are you gambling before it crashes? I believe it's the unique of that item that is crashing it. So when you are gambling it, you are getting the unique and it crashes the game.

Return to “Valhalla”