Chapter 2 - Screenshots

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Chapter 2 - Screenshots

Post by kingpin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Screenshot added 08-July 2014
It's time for another screenshot. This time from one of many new subquests, where you get involved when some shamans doing a ritual, what happend if they succeed? I wont reveal the outcome of it, but you can get a preview of it here

Chapter 2 is currently in internal test and more and more of chapter 2 is getting finished. This thread is containing some screenshots from it and is updated continious.

Screenshot added 18-July 2013
This is the first screenshot from the Necromancer Class that I have been working hard on a very long time (recoded main part of skills related to class and added alot of new functionality).

This shows the first tree: Blood skill icons as you can see here

Screenshot added 11-May 2011
There is several new towns in second chapter. Those works as central place for your adventures and reduces the amount of time you need to spend on travel to get to your quest locations. They also offer different services, new quests and other fun stuff.

One of the new towns is Samahran, a town that is well hidden from the world. The reason for this you will learn from adventure in second chapter.

First screenshot from town you find here and second screenshot from the wilderness around the town here

Screenshot added 26-Jul 2010
Todays screenshot shows some of new features.

First screenshot shows changed pannel gui as you can see here. The black gui part over the regular pannel is used for custom display (like open the char / inventory screens). It will also be used for the diablo 1 kill stat reveal feature.

Second screenshot shows a new possibility to save your current location to new village / town. This was something's I already mentioned in past screenshot. You will also have quick ways to travel between locations within same act. Sometimes it will cost a fee to use this service, sometimes you need complete a subquest before you get it opened up at the npc. The savetown/village is always available if an area have it. No quest involved into that. Take a look at the screenshot here and for confirm message after saved your location here.

Screenshot added 10-Jul 2010
Todays screenshot is from game select screen. The info before you select a character have been updated abit. You will now see two additional info on each character. First you will find what savefile version your character is (it happends a new version make older version incompatible and easy verify thats the case with the savefile version number).

The second new info shows your current location (your current active town / village). You can take a look at it for version difference and here for different active towns

Screenshot added 26-Jun 2010
Todays screenshot is from one of new dungeons called Crystal Cave. This is a special dungeon where magic is more costly to use (all spells cost double mana to use). This is also a dungeon of more importance to Sorceress (they will get something's class specific to this dungeon).

The screenshot itself is from the slaughter part of the dungeon where a fearious beast is located. Take a look at the actual area in this screenshot and here

Screenshot added 12-Jun 2010
Bosses can spawn with different new skills (or old, but who doesn't have that ability/skill normally) that's been showed in previous screenshot already. This time an old skill Fireball can now appear as random boss ability. For this particular boss in the screenshot he normally have firebolt as ability. But, gain an additional skill to use "Fireball" as you can see in this screenshot

Screenshot added 6-Jun 2010
This screenshot shows one of the new abilities bosses can have (this include regular unique bosses). This ability is a custom skill that can be spawn on any bosses. The skill itself is a curse that increase target resouce costs (mana, life or rage cost) and cause damage. This screenshot shows a boss with the new ability here

Screenshot added 2-Jun 2010
This screenshot shows some of subquest improvements that is in work. The code that handle subquest killcounters have been rewritten from scratch and the result can be seen here

Screenshot added 1-Jun 2010
This month's first screenshot is from a new boss with an unusual ability. He have a chance on attacks to steal gold from your pocket. See screenshot here

Screenshot added 29-May 2010
Todays screenshot shows one of new ways to create your own items. This item is created at a Weapon Smith in second chapter. To craft it he require gold, specific craft item + normal weapon you want to get crafted. He is into fire as element for his crafting and the weapons he craft will have fire based affixes + random stat(s).

A screenshot of the crafted item here.

Screenshot added 16-May 2010
Todays screenshot is from one of all new dungeons in chapter 2 called The Tavern Cellar. This is located below Lut Gholein and is haunted by a new boss called Akuma as you can see in this screenshot.

Screenshots added 14-May 2010
It's been awhile since last screenshot. This screenshot is a little mini game. You are able to buy a magical dice (voodoo dice) to play a little game where you either can win something's, or loose something's. An example of the dice in use here

Screenshots added 15-Jan 2010
This is a screenshot that shows random spawned unique that spawned with one of new boss abilities.

Screenshots added 4-Jan 2010
This is first screenshot of the new year. This screenie shows a new quest related boss in Stony Tomb level. The actual map itself is remade aswell. Take a peak here

Screenshots added 31-Dec 2009

This screenshot is from the new enviromental effect that a level can have. In this case you breath poisonius air and constantly taking damage while visit the area. Take a peak on it here

Next screenshot I wont say what functionality it have. But happy new year everyone. Take a look on it here.

Screenshots added 28-Dec 2009

First screenshot is an old favorite from Diablo 1 as you can see here.

Note: stats isn't 100% of what you had in diablo 1. as it's balanced for it's level and is slightely buffed compare to D1.

Second screenshot is from one of remaining new areas in first chapter that wasn't available in preview version. This is behind the blocked Lut Gholein's passage. Check out the screenshot here

Last screenshot for today is from Lysander in Lut Gholein. Who has a new menu option for the upcomming profession feature that will be learning more about in future. Check it out here

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: Chapter 2 - Screenshots

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:47 pm

n1ce one, is there any date of release of the next patch which is include a2? i cant wait any more^^.

MfG
AlphA

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri May 14, 2010 1:02 pm

AlphA - The Real One" wrote:n1ce one, is there any date of release of the next patch which is include a2? i cant wait any more^^.

MfG
AlphA
thnx,

can't say when next patch is released for public. As it's quite alot work left before it's ready for public. There is a chance I will bring in some new internal testers however. Keep an eye the comming week(s) in the forum :)

EDIT:

Updated the server change adress for screenshots and added a new screenshot.

imakeigloos_pat

Post by imakeigloos_pat » Fri May 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Haha, I like the mini-game type. Kind of like a second way to gamble. Smart!

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed May 11, 2011 1:31 pm

2010-08-14 Updated the server address.
2011-05-11 Updated the server address and posted new screenshots as well.

DDDiablo
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by DDDiablo » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:43 am

You should instate a policy of releasing more often.

Something along the lines of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development

Other people might get interested and you can grow your team.

I've been following this mod for many many years lol!

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:16 pm

You should instate a policy of releasing more often.
The mod is a work in progress, and alot stuff change all the time. I only want to do a public release then it reach a certain point in dev.

EDIT:

Updated with a new screenshot, was awhile ago since last one!

EDIT2:

I have uploaded the old screenshots to a dark alliance website server, so they can once again be checked out. I have also added a new screenshot.

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:49 pm

hey kingpin. Out of curiosity. Are there healing/mana potions in your mod ?!? Tell me there arent ! ^_^

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:43 pm

Doub" wrote:hey kingpin. Out of curiosity. Are there healing/mana potions in your mod ?!? Tell me there arent ! ^_^
Healing/Mana potions are in DA, I have possibility to add cooldowns to any potions then balance find that's necessary.

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:36 pm

I will share with you my point of view on how healings should work. They should be able to heal only out of combat and lose their effect when you get hit.
Cause healing while get hit is an idea that is lame and doesnt make much sense either. There :D

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Doub" wrote:I will share with you my point of view on how healings should work. They should be able to heal only out of combat and lose their effect when you get hit.
Cause healing while get hit is an idea that is lame and doesnt make much sense either. There :D
I agree very much about that also,

If we look how healing works in Diablo 3 they found a good way to solve the spam healing issue.

Problem with Diablo 2 is that there is no "in combat" state, even if that would be very easy to add and if you take away healing, balance need to be very careful or else you will play the res corpse game and that's not much of fun either.

Return to “Dark Alliance”