Starting difficulty

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

Darksnickers220

Starting difficulty

Post by Darksnickers220 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Im not really sure what I should be doing, I can't kill anything in Cold plains, and I can't find an empty parchment for this quest im doing, Also I assume Blood raven is the one who drops the Sisterhoods Ancient relic.
Im not sure if its just me but I seem wayyyyy underpowered right now... Maybe I should try a sorc? Any ideas, I want to try a paladin go up the shifting path and use zeal. but its reallly hard.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Starting difficulty

Post by kingpin » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Sisterhood's Ancient relic is a quest reward from first main quest (clear den of evil).

empty parchment is sold by Akara. Even if she dosn't always have it in store.

What level is you then you entered Cold Plains? if you are below level 5 then Cold Plain will be really hard.

Blood Moor: designed for level 1 and level 2.
Den of Evil: designed for level 3 to level 4.

Darksnickers220

Post by Darksnickers220 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:43 pm

okay at this point my main problem is shamens, Every time I find one i nearly die trying to kill it. im currently level five, and I can't clear den. maybe ive just been really unlucky with gear.

Edit:: So i got the relic, Serik Knothill is SOOOOO strong, I cant even hurt his minions.
Still need to figure out how to get more than 6 damage a swing.
Last edited by Darksnickers220 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dazmogan

Post by Dazmogan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:29 pm

keep on playing and try to find some gems for your weapon. Some of them increase your damage and maybe even have a nice trigger effect.

For bosses: look for scrolls. There are some that boost your damage for about a minute.

But as far as I know a caster is easier to play here at the moment. No matter sorc or druid.

Nameless
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Nameless » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:48 am

[quote=kingpin";p="394794"]Blood Moor: designed for level 1 and level 2.
Den of Evil: designed for level 3 to level 4.[/quote]
Then you're a WAY WAY better player than I am. None of my chars entered DoE before level 6 and even then it was quite hard. I probably wouldn't go far in Cold Plains before level 12.

The Shamans are extremely deadly. True, they have relatively low life, but their cold attacks are very strong, both for the damage they do and because of the slowing.

fireblanket

Post by fireblanket » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:15 am

what character are you using if you cant do cold plains until lvl 12?

and what skills are u using?

this is a really hard mod. but not that hard.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:52 am

Judging from your adept quest your playing a pala, so may i suggest you invest a few points in the general skills tab, it'll increase your survivablityalso try and collect a few monster items, they are strong and have sockets(quill charms are nice)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Darksnickers220

Post by Darksnickers220 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:10 am

how do you identify quill rat charms?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:28 am

[quote=Darksnickers220";p="394944"]how do you identify quill rat charms?[/quote]

I suppose your quill rat charm is white (i.e normal quality)? In that case you can't. This bug will be fixed in an upcomming patch no normal charms no longer can be flagged as unidentified.

whiplash-84

Post by whiplash-84 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:56 pm

You can id a quill rat charm by selling it and then buying it back :-)

MagicMatze
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by MagicMatze » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:15 pm

At first I have to say, that Iam really happy to play this mod because I have heared so many years from your project and now we can play it :)

It is very hard - thats true. Tested druid and sorceress and found out that sorcresess is a bit better at the beginning beacause her weapon deals more damage. So I have used the shared stash to move the staff with dmg 1-10 to my druid and replaced his club with dmg 1-5 :cool:

Can you reduce monster group by those goblins to 1-2? Cause 3 of them are always to hard and I have to use Flavie to help me :oops:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:19 pm

At first I have to say, that Iam really happy to play this mod because I have heared so many years from your project and now we can play it

Can you reduce monster group by those goblins to 1-2? Cause 3 of them are always to hard and I have to use Flavie to help me
You have flavie + random spawn npc's who can help you. I think goblins is mainly an issue at level 1. As at level2 you should easier be able to kill it.

Nameless
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Nameless » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:37 am

[quote=MagicMatze";p="399390"]Can you reduce monster group by those goblins to 1-2? Cause 3 of them are always to hard and I have to use Flavie to help me :oops:[/quote]
For me the goblins where never a problem unless they spawned in a really big group (10 or so). Simply don't run right into the middle of a group, but split the groups up and kill them one by one. Blood Moor has a lot of unwalkable ground, use them to break up groups (if such a spot is between you and the monsters, some will go left and some right, attack one group while the other takes the long way around)...

allas
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by allas » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:01 pm

Can you reduce monster group by those goblins to 1-2? Cause 3 of them are always to hard and I have to use Flavie to help me
You better kill some quillrat before rushing into them xD

MagicMatze
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by MagicMatze » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:42 pm

[quote=Nameless";p="399468"] Blood Moor has a lot of unwalkable ground, use them to break up groups .[/quote]
Thats true and I never noticed it in vanilla d2 or in other mods. It is a good strategy to use the ground to split the group.

Isn't a rogue giving hints for using the terrain ;)

Return to “Dark Alliance”