Preview Version - Bug Report

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

No votes

Total votes: 0

ChaosMarc
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by ChaosMarc » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:53 pm

found a minor bug again ^^
(either i'm the only active player or the only one who finds all the bugs :P )
if you have more than 1 of a scroll of assuring touch (may work with other too), order them in a vertical row in you inventory and ricghtclick the lowest one the highest will disappear. nothing really bad, but i wanted to mention it^^

and a question:
does the system with leveling up the scroll level really work?
i have consumed like 15 scrolls of assuring touch but i still remains on lvl1 :(
maybe i'm just unlucky
Last edited by ChaosMarc on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Preview Version - Bug Report

Post by kingpin » Fri May 01, 2009 12:33 am

does the system with leveling up the scroll level really work?
i have consumed like 15 scrolls of assuring touch but i still remains on lvl1
It do work. But, in general you need use way more scrolls.

You need have the luck on your side :)

Verbatim
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Verbatim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:54 am

Version: 0.04.08.06.08

I picked up the update this month, and I've tried it out with a new druid and sorceress... I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

This sorceress is doing quite well (I opted for a magic build, and magic missile is very, very effective), I've made it up to the blood elf village, and things are going quite well.

It looks like the Sorceress' Adept's Way quest still can't be completed... it works as far as summoning Ursu, collecting the heart, and creating the 'enhance magical armor' scroll...but that scroll can't be used. Right-clicking it plays the scroll activation sound effect, but nothing happens...it's supposed to change the mouse to the targeting pointer (like identify, or one of the oils), so you can cast it on something, but it doesn't.

Not sure if it's intentional, but the scroll to summon Ursu wasn't consumed when I read it.

I came across a crash related to adding scrolls to a book of Create Magical Enhanced Food...if you center the scroll on the book when you add it, it works just fine, but if you move the scroll over to the left, still with the book as the target location but not centered on the book, it will crash the game with the following error message:

Assertion Failure
Expression: 0

...the crash didn't set me back any (still had all of my items when I reloaded, it seems that everything is saved each time one changes stash pages, so even most of the work done to organize items is not lost), but I thought I'd let you know.

It's possible the crash can occur with other books, but I've only had it occur with Create Magical Enhanced Food, haven't tested with anything else yet to see if inserting a scroll off-center causes a crash...I'd already inserted a couple hundred scrolls in books before I noticed the crash, though, so I'd be surprised if it applies to all of them.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:40 pm

It looks like the Sorceress' Adept's Way quest still can't be completed... it works as far as summoning Ursu, collecting the heart, and creating the 'enhance magical armor' scroll...but that scroll can't be used. Right-clicking it plays the scroll activation sound effect, but nothing happens...it's supposed to change the mouse to the targeting pointer (like identify, or one of the oils), so you can cast it on something, but it doesn't.
I will look up this one and see what's wrong with it.

I came across a crash related to adding scrolls to a book of Create Magical Enhanced Food...if you center the scroll on the book when you add it, it works just fine, but if you move the scroll over to the left, still with the book as the target location but not centered on the book, it will crash the game with the following error message:
This is probably same for the other scrolls aswell.

Return to “Dark Alliance”