Dark Alliance preview version released

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Dark Alliance preview version released

Post by kingpin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:37 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:wow...just wow..for a moment i was afraid i would get flamed for my post...thank you all very much...especially Kingpin,didn't really expect for you to actually answer all of the points in my previous post and am thankfull you took the time...now i can't wait for the next version...gonna continue grinding for some more levels...there was also more i wanted to write in my previous post,but will save that for when i find some more bugs...

and as for Druid as my choice,i made him first,as Summoners are somehow the best for getting to feel how the mod plays out,and since i tried to melle some with him i knew that a Paladin would be a painfull stroll in the park...and for Sorc,all i needed was to take a look at her skills to conclude i could walk all over the monsters in a very short amount of time,that's why i didn't play with her after i got my first level with her...and even playing as a summoner it's tough...that is not bad,but currently it is to tough even for a summoner...

Edit: Damn...i just now realized there was a patch...which i did NOT apply...god damn...gonna DL it now and give it a test run tomorrow...
I would never just ignore anyone who take time to respond to my mod and flaming would never be allowed here (or on keep in general).

Patch for preview version have for sure fixed alot bugs that was in preview version.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:12 pm

a big post ahead again...don't know how i missed the patch the first time...wasted both my time and yours to some extent...sorry about that...
Done most testing with Druid again...

1.Map in Tristram no longer has that other portal...so fixed...
2.Butcher OHK-ed my Merc...had to run away again,thankfully the other monsters ware more manageable this time...
3.CorpseFire was missing from the Den...Where is the bastard???
4.The Cow(which gives Subquest)in the camp has got loads of typos...
5.Kill Palgmor Subquest is not clear enough as far as his location is concerned...nice touch on his location thou as i managed to find it by accident...
6.Can a line with number of Player death ne added to the Tome???Didn't die yet but i like to keep track of that...only for SC obviously if possible...
7.This time i got three Adepts Way Scrolls,was able to pick up only two...
8.Staves should be Sorc Only as they carry her bonuses,+Dmg Modifiers should be blocked from spawning on Staves and Orbs,give em +Mana and Mana Regen instead...
9.Skill Desc Typos still present,didn't check the Pally yet...
10.Kashya still offers the quest as soon as you speak with her...Kashya unique arrows are still Kaysha...
11.Druid - Geyser,Werewolf and Bestial Resilience still missing Mana Cost...
- Venom Strike still missing a synergy...
- Frost River only got Dmg of 1-2...for a Lvl 12 Skill that may be too low...
- Poison Creeper should get some more life considering how hard most monsters hit...maybe a base increase of 20%...First Lvl Dmg is OK,maybe a boost for subsequent levels???
12.Sorceress - Fingers of Fire Desc is a bit confusing,didn't get what it does till i tried it,it is a clone of Assassins Fire Blast,maybe increase mana cost a little...
- Rare Pool Gloves come with no Staffmods(no bonus to Sorc Skills),Pool items come with proper Lvl Req if they carry skills,but Staves still don't...
13.Rare Blood Armor is missing the line Monster Item,found in Stony Field...
14.What do Skeleton Bones do???I suppose that the Necro could use them to raise without corpses???
15.Can Key Stacks be increased???
16.Rare Items can spawn with only one Modifier???a Bug???
17.Elite and Veteran Monster Organs are Golden Colored,do they give better output items than normal organs???or why are they differently colored???
18.Drops - Many monsters drop two items,drops should be heavily nerfed,found first Rare Monster item in Cold Plains with no bonus to MF...
- Found 5 Runes by the time i cleared Blood Moore and Cold Plains...should be nerfed...
- Much more Monster Items are dropping than without patch,Organs,weapons,armor...should be nerfed...
- Vile Hunters in Underground Passage Lvl 1 and in Dark Wood drop correct organs but MoonClan Items???Bug???
- Pool Boots(Sorc Only) have the same graphic as Boneweave Boots(Zombie Item)...Intentional???
- Drops are overall much better with the patch,without it i was mostly getting cracked gear in BloodMoore,and have never even seen a Rare...
Rares are dropping like crazy now...and Magics...should be nerfed...
19.Monsters - Goblins do 16 Dmg with 1% DR on Char,for first area monsters that is too tough,they can compare with Gargantuan beasts easy...should be nerfed...
- Gargantuan Beasts do 18 Dmg with 1% DR on Char...look above,this could stay as they are supposed to hit hard...increase the Chill lenght on them...
- Mishappen can chill with their ball of Lightning???Intentional???
- Afraid to write this but what the hell...the monster may be too weak compared to unpatched version,this time it was no problem to level at all...
Fallens are OK now,maybe add some 10 HP to Shamans as i feel they drop too fast still,except for the two monsters above described the others feel just about right...
20.Last time i forgot to mention,Burial Ground is pretty much unique for your mod,i like it...

So much better impression this time,didn't really level any of my skills past Lvl 1 so can't give precise feedback on how they work when leveled,but seems i will
have to in order to kill The Bucher and Treehead...Nice work!!!
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:06 pm

a big post ahead again...don't know how i missed the patch the first time...wasted both my time and yours to some extent...sorry about that...
Done most testing with Druid again...
Don't worry about that, I have forgot what was in preview version and what was fixed in later builds.

2) Butcher OHK your merc is related to bosses to strong overall in some places. They have been re-tuned multiple times after preview version + patch was released.
3) Corpsefire is no longer there always, there is percent chance he is there or other special monsters (veteran/elite e.tc). You basically have to rerun the place until you find him.
4) Subquests probably still have typos in them, even if some have been fixed for sure in internal build.
5) I can make the quest description more clear. Will keep this in mind.
6) I could add death counter for sure to the tome. Will add this as todo for future builds.
7) preview version + patch for it never fixed the subquest bug, it's fixed in internal build.
8) I can make staves as sorc weapon only, in preview version sorc is only class who have any use of staves currently. I will add a note about +dmg modifiers on staves, it's good suggestion to block it.
9) skill desc probably never got looked at between preview and patch. If anything got fixed it's probably only minor fixed here and there.
10) The arrow should been fixed in internal build, but will take a note about it to be sure. I don't remember how I setup the quest for Kashya, but it's possible it doesn't have any level requirement/or any other event requirement before you get it.
11) Druid:
- Geyser, Werewolf and Bestial Resilence seems never got fixed for preview patch, but it's fixed in internal build.
- There is no synergy's at all in DA, so if any skill have a synergy it's a bug or alternative I removed synergies at later point then preview version.
- Frost River, 1-2 damage sounds very low. It's possible I forgot setup the damage for the skill and left the test damage just.
- I can buff the poison creeper life. will add note about this.
12) Sorceress:
- Fingers of Fire. Will look into the skill description and try make it abit more clear. You are right it's using the assassin skill func. I will put notes it need increase mana cost abit.
- Rare pool gloves have chance spawn with class skill, but doesn't always spawn with one. It do seems staves is bugged as they don't countup level req with class skill.
13) Blood Armor missing Monster Item name is a bug. Will add a note and check if it's corrected.
14) Skeleton Bones is part of recipes to craft monter items. I have many bodyparts in the game so don't have in my head what each exactly do. Recipes drops as cluescrolls so if you get lucky you find a recipe that include a crafting that it's used for.
15) I can increase key stacks, I would suppose I use same max stack as vanilla d2 do, as I can't remember I changed it.
16) Rare items can spawn with only one modifier as far as I can remember (this should be possible to happen in vanilla d2 also). If a rare or magic item spawns with 0 modifiers it's a bug, I know items have spawned with 0 modifiers for me in past and i'm unsure I ever figured out why it happen.
17) Elite/Veteran organs golden colored should as far as I remember been listed with orange color. They are removed from game in internal build as I have revamped the bodypart feature. In internal build organs can apply a stat by right click on organ and add it to a monster item (organ need to match the monster item). It give the item a buff with cost of decrease durability by 1 permanently.
18) I don't remember if drops been nerfed since preview version. I will put a note about it and look into it for future internal build.
- Runes. I can't say how many drops currently, drop chances can easy be tweaked. I rewrote the treasure drop code, and possible I did that after preview version. So, tuning on drops will for sure be tweaked in future builds if needed.
- Monster Items. It sounds like I did some changes to drops between preview version and patch. Long time since I did the patch so have forgot. but like with runes easy to tweak then needed.
- Organs from Vilehunter do seems it's wrong Monster Item name assigned to it. I will put a note about it, but I have recoded the organ code, so I'm pretty sure mon Item names is corrected in internal build.
- Pool Boots and Boneweave boots is only an oversight, it wasn't intended they share the item graphic. I will put a note so one of them get unique look.
- Magic/Rare drops it do sounds like I increased the chances they dropped between preview and patch. It's good overall feels better. I have removed cracked gear item quality from internal build and replaced it as monster item type instead. Previously they shared normal itemtype and just added mon item name to it.
19) I have tweaked the balance multiple times, so next public release you will feel balance is alot different to preview version. So, will have to wait tweak numbers again until more get hand to test new build :)
- Misshapen damage is set as cold instead of lightning. It's not intended and an oversight from my part. Will put a note about that.
20) Thanks, you will see alot more new maps in later part of chapter 1. I only redid some maps early on, while I was learning map editing early on in dev of da.

So much better impression this time,didn't really level any of my skills past Lvl 1 so can't give precise feedback on how they work when leveled,but seems i will
have to in order to kill The Bucher and Treehead...Nice work!!!
Thanks, it's good patch for preview version made it more enjoyable to play :)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:58 pm

well currently am searching for key to outer cloister,man it is preety hard,i don't have enough LP for both stats and skills...the boss in DoE 2 is impossible for now,didn't try the countess yet...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

FPeacee

Post by FPeacee » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:02 am

Is there a d2se plugin?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:50 am

FPeacee" wrote:Is there a d2se plugin?
Preview version isn't compatible with D2SE, next public release will have a d2se plugin.

Chiron
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Ukraine

Post by Chiron » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:05 am

kingpin" wrote:next public release
:roll: can't wait it, when it will be?

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Chiron" wrote:
kingpin" wrote:next public release
:roll: can't wait it, when it will be?
I can't promise any dates, but plan is atleast sometimes this year.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:02 am

got a spare min now...later today or tomorrow i will update this post with another wall of text...main complaint is skill dmg,with full class gear i understand is easy to get very high bonuses to skills,so maybe thats why the lower lvls of skills are pathetic,anyway with sorc i got +8 Fingers of Fire in Blood Moore,and thats the only place i can kill stuff with one cast...and that is just wrong...i mean a Lvl 1 skill on Slvl 8 should pretty much push me thru the rest of Act 1,and not just the first area...

Edit: Well it took me longer than i thought...

1. Brute Item Helm,both Magic and Normal,and most probably Rare missing line Monster Item
2. Socketed Class Items missing Class Bonuses
3. Almor's Talisman SubQuest finishes fine now
4. Giant Furs Brute Item have Freeze Target,it does not work,in previev version it was Cannot be Frozen and it did work...something Wrong here???
5. Wands should be Necro only and should be treated as caster weapons(IE no +Dmg bonuses)
6. Pala Skills spawn on Rare Items,Sorc Skills do NOT,did not find a Rare Druid item yet
7. Amazon Items,Assassin Items,Barbarian and Necro items drop even thou the classes are disabled
8. Rogue Long Bow,is it for Char or for Merc???
9. Unique Chain Gloves cannot be Id-ed by the Low Level Scroll...probably intentional...
10. Druid Helms come without the +Herb Creation which all other Druid Items have...
11. Request Replenish Quantity as a Automod on throwable weapons
12. Book of Identify looks like the Book of Crushing Will
13. Arctic Blast does almost no Dmg...this should be Vanilla bug...
14. Executioners Minions i was barely able to kill,they are doing something like 80 Dmg per hit,I was Clvl 13 at the time and i found it impossible to kill
the boss...MAYBE less dmg and HP for him???
15. ALL the pieces of Hireling Gear are differently named,would it not make more sense to have Sets of Gear(like all pieces named the same,like Phoenix Gloves,Boots...)
16. Elemental Summon(Druid),Dmg does not grow with Slvl...tested on one Elemental...
17. Rare Spirit Boots missing line Hireling Only,and spawns without bonus to Hire Skills
18. What does Plague Winds do???from Acid Beasts Amulet,it looks like Rabies to me...
19. The Chest in Tristram did not drop me a scroll to point me in the right direction...Druid Subquest...
20. + Durability can spawn on Charms...Why???
21. Bone Archer Ring in Jail missing unique icon and monster Item line...looks like a ring that skelles from Tamoe drop...
22. Frozen Star Winter Wolf item shows line Animal Item???
23. Akara does not sell keys,as now they are used for doors,she really should
24. Werewolf form is unable to use Druidic Blood and All Elemental Skills and Scrolls,Werebear probably also...
25. Zombie Item Blood Helm Rare missing line Monster Item
26. Adepts Way SubQuest,stage Make Luck Charm,reward is 100 XP...should be LP as XP is just pathetic amount i can get by killing a couple of monsters...also Akara does not take the scroll...
27. What does Luck do???
28. 3 Runes do not transmute to the next one,neither will Gems...why are those basic recipes disabled???
29. Deadly and Critical Strike are one and the same,why not merge them into a single stat???then you could put Luck on the LCS instead...
30. Sorcs Adepts Way is not shown in the Book and has typos
31. Fingers of Fire on Slvl 8 does 12-33 Fire Dmg...pathetic really,but i already mentioned that...
32. Ice Dagger MISSES,a LOT...it seems to me that it is using AR of Normal Attack...
33. Summon Guardian is a higher Lvl Skill than Wyvern but it has lower stats...
34. Sorc Masteries should ALL reduce Monster Res,Cold and Lightning Mastery are Useless without that Stat,and Magic Mastery should give %Magic Dmg Bonus...
35. Charged Bolt gains only 1 Max Dmg per Level???PATHETIC...reduce the number of bolts(maybe every second level)and UP its dmg...
36. Devil Cave Lvl 2 has a Superunique with Physically Immune Minions on Normal???I did not want to push my luck and test for how much they can hit...

I bite down hard

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:16 pm

got a spare min now...later today or tomorrow i will update this post with another wall of text...main complaint is skill dmg,with full class gear i understand is easy to get very high bonuses to skills,so maybe thats why the lower lvls of skills are pathetic,anyway with sorc i got +8 Fingers of Fire in Blood Moore,and thats the only place i can kill stuff with one cast...and that is just wrong...i mean a Lvl 1 skill on Slvl 8 should pretty much push me thru the rest of Act 1,and not just the first area...
Skills in preview version overall isn't as balanced as it should be, so it's always good it's pointed out.

1). Brute Item Helm,both Magic and Normal,and most probably Rare missing line Monster Item. I have rewrote the code that handle this since preview version, so line should be fixed, if it's still issue with it I will fix it. Have take notes to look it up.

2). Socketed Class Items missing Class Bonuses. As far as I can remember, class items isn't always spawned with class bonus, instead it's percent chance they appear on the gear.

3). that's good. it works as it should.

4). I need to check this one up, it's possible I'm using a stat that only can be spawned on weapon to work.

5). I will take notes about wands be necro only, it sounds logic to do so. will remove +dmg bonuses from spawning on it also.

6). I'm pretty sure all class skills can spawn on items regardless quality, but it's possible this is something's that have been fixed since preview version. I will take a note and look it up.

7). Originally I had all classes enabled, so this is a left over that I never removed from preview version. I think in current build all class items that belongs to non implemented classes not dropping, as I should have disabled them.

8). Rogue long bow isn't a class specific bow so is intended be usable by all classes.

9). You are right there is a difference beteen low level unique id scrolls, they got added to fix a gap between where you could use the unique id scroll and only worked for earlier item levels. The id system have been complete revamped also since preview version. magic and rare items is now dropped as identified and unique items have got it's own unique flavor then it comes to identification hidden power. In basic you can use the unique item with the base stat it get until you have revealed it's hidden power.

10). the specific class bonus is/was intended to be profession related. I still haven't decided what I do with this in future. If I don't use them I will remove them completely from gears. I haven't decided if all class slots are going to have it, or if only specific ones will. So, this is probably why you see some class items lack it.

11). I will put notes about this, and think abit how I want it to work. But, it's not a bad suggestion.

12). I will take notes about the item gfx, I try to use different ones then I have spare gfx to use for it.

13). It's a possibility this is my fault, I'm pretty sure some skills have bugged damage or other bugged issues in preview version. As I remember then I overlooked the file I noticed some had bugged entries (because of excel autofill feature).

14). I have rebalanced most areas up to level 10-15 considerable, and should be more manageable now compare to preview version. I'm pretty sure I have retuned executioner also, this as most unique bosses was pretty overtuned for it's level up to level 10-15.

15). I like this suggestion, then I get back to work on hireling again I will make themed items for them.

16). I'm not surprised, as I think this is a common issue with summons overall that their scaling is either bad or non existance.

17). I will take notes about the missing <hireling only> tag. I suppose this is a client issue only? and that you can't equip it on yourself. I'm pretty sure in preview version (and current build too) that class skills on hireling items isn't spawned always, instead percent chance it appear.

18). You are right this is working like rabies, what it does is reduce percent armor and stamina recovery bonus. Intention with it was support pvp, and support for monsters who have it equipped cause a spreading curse between players.

19). I suppose it's druid's way subquest you talking about? In that case that quest is bugged in preview version as far as I can remember, because of a bug with spellscroll code that have been fixed.

20). durability on charms is a misstake, now since preview version I have removed charms completely from dark alliance.

21). I will take note about the item gfx, and monster item line and check it up.

22). I don't remember if I did animal item tag for all animals, have you seen any specific monster item tag for animals? if so it's possible a left over. Will take notes about this and check it up.

23). Gheed have been seller of keys, as he haven't had a problem let people buy it. Akara is more principle and don't trade that kind of stuff. It have been basically intention to not have keys on her vendor. But, it's ofc possible change that mind.

24). I will take notes about it, was long time since I implemented druid so need checkup what I intended or not. I Know why it prevents it working, so is easy thing to sort out.

25). I take notes about this, but pretty sure this have been fixed since preview version.

26). Then it comes to reward legendary points on quests I have setup rules to limit how much you get per chapter and have split it between quests I feel should reward that. In preview version reward off legendary points as far as I can remember wasn't out much thought about. Adhin and me have discussed this part alot and we worked out together a system I'm satisfy with. Then it comes to reward experience, it can always be buffed up to a better reward level.

27). Luck modifier reduces the global tc chance. In short it increase the chance an item is dropped. There is a global noDrop chance item isn't dropped at all that this affect.

28). The recipes for both runes and gems is disabled. I have used the upgrade in other ways. Atleast I think I implemented an alternative way to upgrade for both.

29). I have reworked how critical strike and deadly strike works, there is a post here that explains the changes to it. I agree have two stats that do exact same thing is bad, so I reworked deadly strike to do something's else.

30). I will take notes about this, and check so it have been corrected. If not, I sort it out.

31). I have take notes about skill damage scaling badly overall, I know some sorc skills is way overpowered (like fireball, scaling way to good).

32). I'm unsure about this, need to check if it using normal attack chance, but as you miss alot it do seems so. Taking notes about this.

33). Once again I think stats on summons is something's I have overlooked. Have take notes on this also.

34). In the planned revamp of sorceress it will be alot different to how sorceress are now. But, will have this in mind then I'm reworking sorceress.

35). I checked charged bolt, and you are right it only up max with +1 up to certain threshold where it ups it with +3 max. So scaling on this is very bad.

36). It's the summoner's elemental minions you talk about I suppose? In this case it was intended those where physical immune. I can't say how it is in current build as it was awhile since I touch the first chapter. But, overall then I did the monster balance revamp I reduced the chances you face immune monsters (besides cases where it make sense they are immune to certain element).

As always, thanks for your great feedback.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Socketed and Rare items are almost always missing Class Bonuses...

I LIKE how you did Deadly Strike...

I can't wait to play a ass in your mod,i'm best with em in every mod...probably cuz i like her the most...

I bite down hard

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:01 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:Socketed and Rare items are almost always missing Class Bonuses...

I LIKE how you did Deadly Strike...

I can't wait to play a ass in your mod,i'm best with em in every mod...probably cuz i like her the most...
It's possible that is a bug, I will take notes and check it.

It's nice you liked change off Deadly Strike :)

Return to “Dark Alliance”