Unique Items

Information and updates for the Dark Alliance mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Ogodei, Darque, Yohann, afj666, Diabolic Studios Dev

No votes

Total votes: 0

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Unique Items

Post by kingpin » Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:09 am

There is alot of unique items existing in Dark Alliance. There is several ways to get those items. Some items is found by kill any monster. Others need to kill a specific monster (those items is known as monster specific items).

This group of unique items are for the first campaign

* All existing uniques in vanilla LOD have been remade from ground. The only they for sure is keeping is there name. An example is The Gnasher

* All non existing items has got its unique item (This include class specific items).

* Special unique items: This include items that don't counts as a weapon (Charms, Jewels, Potions, Books as an example).

*Monster specific unique items: All monsters in the game have one or several special items that they could drop. As for Zombies there special itemtype is Blood Armor (You can look at the website for a concept art of the item) & Blood Helm. This monster specific items can be unique also. An example of an early monster specific unique is Reaper's Trophy

* Boss unique items: This are very rare & powerfull items for that level. Each boss in the game has own item that you can find.

* Hireling only unique items: As hirelings have their own set of items. Each hireling base class type item. have it's own unique version. An example of hireling unique is Aurioks Domination

* There is several uniques that uses the soulbound feature. At first look they may not always look that good. But, with the random added stats from the soulbound feature it may and up great. This also make this kind of unique items never look the same. Even if you find a second Heroes Resolve. It may be worth to equip it to see what stats you get. An example of soulbound unique is Heroes Resolve

You are always welcome to suggest new uniques and unique names. As we progress in developement of the mod. We will keep on add more unique items.
Last edited by kingpin on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Unique Items

Post by ChaoticDeath » Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:02 am

are you replacing the act bosses? if you aren't, here are some unique names for them.

Baal's Corruption
Mephisto's Hatred
Duriel's Eraser
Diablo's Nightmare
Andariel's Blood
Summoner's Wisdom
Radament's Venom
Council's Energy
Izual's Fate
Blood Raven's Shot

Hope these are ok... :roll:

Books:
Dictionary :P
Encyclopedia :P
Thesaurus :P
Book of Knowledge
Book of Fate
Book of the Past
The Bible
Book of Destiny
Book of Change
Book of Chance
Book of Death
Book of Life
Book of Love
Book of Hatred
" of Corruption
" of the Jester
" of Wisdom
" of Sorcerery
" of Wizardry
" of Necromancy
" of the Gods
" of the Godesses
" of the People

hope these are good too... :roll: :D :) :mrgreen:
Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:33 am

Thanx for the names ;)

In the first campaign all bosses will remain same as in vanilla LOD.

However there will be some new bosses. I have already made the item for Andariel, Duriel, Memphisto.

But, the rest of the names will come to use.

The Books: That will be usable (right click to use) special items. But ideas/names are always welcome. I will see what names that are usefull, since not all books are determined at the moment ;)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:08 pm

Zeus's Power Unique Lightning Arrow - Name/Idea thanx to ChaoticDeath
Add % chance to cast FoH when striking

Unique Cold Arrow - It will use either Frozen Reign or Shivering Chill. Name/Idea thanx to ChaoticDeath.
Add % chance to freeze enemies.

Viral Infection Unique Poision Arrow - Name/Idea thanx to ChaoticDeath
When hit the arrow explode into a posion cloud that adds additional poision damage.

Unique Fire Arrow - It will use either Hellish Power or Hell's Burn. Name/Idea thanx to ChaoticDeath.

Either the fire arrows continue to burn the enemy (sideeffect you will not gain xp if the monster is killed) or have a % chance to cast meteor and then at a higher level it cast armageddon.

This idea is from ChaoticDeath, thanx man.

This unique arrows is unnamed at the moment, names is welcomed.

EDIT:
All items has or are soon decided its names. So no new names for the arrows are any longer needed.
Last edited by kingpin on Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:19 pm

lightning arrow:
Zeus's Bolt (Blast, Energy, Power ; pick 1 ;) )

cold arrow:
Diamond Dust

poison arrow:
Viral Infection

fire arrow:
Hellish Shot (or Hell Bolt, Hellish Power, Hell's Burn)

p.s. good to know that I came in handy :mrgreen:!

p.p.s. if these names aren't good enough, just say so ;).

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:25 pm

Zeus's Power for Lightning Arrow, Viral Infection Poision Arrow is definitly in as a name for the item.

Either Hellish Power or Hell's Burn for Fire Arrow.

Diamond Dust will i need to think a bit more on ;)

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:14 pm

Frozen Icicle
Icicle Assault
Frozen Reign
Freezing Shot
Shivering Chill
Cold Energy

what about these?

Joel
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Joel » Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:50 am

Nice but Icicle Assault is (tm)CW-AT(r)(c) properties :P
"How much suffering, mortal, does it take before you lose your grace?"
Shadow Empire (coming soon) | forum

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:02 am

Joel";p="88706" wrote:Nice but Icicle Assault is (tm)CW-AT(r)(c) properties :P
Hehe, alright that name is excluded then ;)

ChaoticDeath: Frozen Reign or Shivering Chill will be the name for Cold Arrow. But, the name i don't use for arrows can probably be used for other items beside for Icicle Assault that Joel already use ;)

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:40 pm

Joel";p="88706" wrote:Nice but Icicle Assault is (tm)CW-AT(r)(c) properties :P
oh! my bad Joel. Sorry 'bout that. Guess great minds think alike! :mrgreen: :P ;)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:26 pm

I will over start in a week and add a lot of new uniqe items. That are unique monsterspecific/bodypart items. So a lot of names/ideas are welcomed.

You can read more about moster specific & bodypart in the sticky thread.

EDIT: All names for unique monster specific items is finished. There will be +200 monster specific unique items, have finished 100 of them and will have the rest finished today ;)

EDIT2: Bodyparts can be unique also, this items will serve two purpose.

First you can right-click to add an ability to an existing unique item of the same monstertype as the body come from, this will consume the bodypart.

Next this unique bodypart is important in the creation of special monster specific setitems, this will also consume the bodypart. This setitem can not be found, you can only create it. The other parts in the set can be found. You will know what part in the set that are special, since that part will be in another color (purple).
Last edited by kingpin on Mon May 26, 2003 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nexus
Champion of the Light

Post by Nexus » Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:31 am

in suicidal tendancies mod a very cool way of making uniques was to use various crafting iems(by cubing) that would drop or be found
occasionaly...not all these items where active which was a pity because it was a very good idea

it would go like this these items are hard to get so often thet where saved to use at higher lvls of the game either made from a dropped item or vendor item
some eg's
quillrat tooth + magic weapon=unique weapon
batwing +magic shield = unique shield
enchanted stone +magic armour = unique armour
runic scroll +any charm = 5 to skills

ST mod is no longer being developed and i know he was looking for someone to take over and develop some of these.... might be helpful :)

http://iceman.maxcom.nl/d2mod/
Last edited by Nexus on Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Tradition of the Raven
"I have fled in the shape of a raven of prophetic speech".
................Taliesin

Tinkers Mod v2.0

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:39 am

There are a way to create unique items in the cube already ;)

But, this items are somewhat re-create a broken unique item. You will need to find all parts before it can be re-created.

But, thanx for the info.
Last edited by kingpin on Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:47 am

Uniques:

Boss unique books:
Word of Destruction
Word of Hatred
Word of Terror

Unique weapons:
Dark Drift - Low level bow which shoots magic arrows.
Lucifer's Claw - ELITE Scythe-type weapon. This has dual leech, and gives life bonuses. But it has a strict level requirement.
The Force of Temjin: (HEHEHE :P ) A sword of anti-matter wreathed in light. ExTREME damage and speed, yet it suffers from a lack of potent mods. It should have a few on hit's and on get hits, but other than that nothing super good. Oh yes, and mana leech.

Unique Specials (charms and stuff):
Dark Riddles: Charm with cast cloak of shadows (or some sort of equivalent) on get hit, and it contains many stat bonuses. May or may not include MF or GF.
Sonicbreaker: Ring with the power of haste! It contains much speed bonus's to both attack and movement. May or may not contain stat bonuses.
Ring of Varde: (From Castlevania: SotN) A golden ring to rule! Contains MASSIVE stat bonuses and all skill bonuses. Very strict penalties such as drain life perhaps to offset this ring.
Last edited by LordTemjin on Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
<juice> Invalid Syntax Error?
<juice> usually the syntax errors I get are Valid.

WarWolf
Paladin

Post by WarWolf » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:42 pm

Xenthalons' Addiction: Exeptional Unique Belt, 5-8 all stats, 10% increased mana, +Level 1 Teleport (so that all chars can use the skill)

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:24 pm

Oops, sorry kingpin. I skimmed your first post and realized that Unique books and Boss uniques were separate!

Heh, but maybe adding those boss unique books might be a good idea ;)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:34 pm

Oops, sorry kingpin. I skimmed your first post and realized that Unique books and Boss uniques were separate!

Heh, but maybe adding those boss unique books might be a good idea
Its no problem, we will take this into consideration :)

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:34 pm

Im really impressed with the development of this mod an i hope it all works out. Got sum ideas for a few new unique items in the game.

Assassin weapon - Horazon's Demonaic Vengence - GREATER CLAWS 400% damage+attack to demons, always finds item (even if only small amount of gold) an what ever other modifyers u want to balance it with

Amazon Spear - Priestess Zerae's Thunder Bolt - Ceremonial Spear - 10 absorb all elements (mayb less) lifesteal +5 holy bolt an whatever other things u want 2 add 2 it (graphic idea - when amazon ias holdin it, make it look like she is holding a lightning bolt)
Bow - Nature's Balance - ASHWOOD BOW - DOES NO NORMAL DAMAGE!!! can select whether to do fire, cold, poison or lightning damage. x% extra damage (element of course) an what ever else u wanna add to it
Javelin - (character who discovers it's name) Mighty Reaver - CEREMONIAL javelin - 0.3 per char lvl to lifesteal, 50 damage from all elements an how ever else u wanna balance it

Barb helm - The Wild Hound - RAGE MASK - +1 to werewolf, better chance finding hint scrolls, ne other things u can think of

Necro - The Village Curse - CANTOR TROPHY - (looks like a human shrunken head) Damage reduced by x%, Attack rating and damage 30%,

Druid - Weirding Pelt - SACRED FEATHERS - +1 teleport, +x% chance finding magic items, ne other modifyers u want to add

Paladdin - The Arm of God - ROYAL SHIELD - chance to block 75% 50% chance to cast lvl x stun when attacking, 5% chance to cast lvl x energy shield ne thing else u want to add

Sorceress - Jungle Phase - Glowing orb - 3 sockets - huge sight range - + to skills, +x to summon valkerie ething u want to do to balance the item

Other things:

Njollimir (the name of thor's Hammer) - OGRE MAUL - Massive damage, lightning damage, big chance to cast stun, better chance to find hint scrolls. Nething else u want to add or change to it

you could also include a prefix or suffix that allows you to use other classes class-specific items. It would have to b a very high lvl prefix an hard to find. could even make a new rune that allows this (lvl 70 something requirements an impossible to find) - could make a higfh level unique charm that offers this ability, but it would have to b incredibly rare as well

Hope ive offered some good ideas an keep up with the amazing mod ( saw the the demo of Act 1 - u included fire elementals from baldurs Gate 2 !!! that is great)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:49 pm

Im really impressed with the development of this mod an i hope it all works out. Got sum ideas for a few new unique items in the game.

Thanx, we do our best to make a mod we like ourself and hopefully you all will like. Will look into the unique ideas you have suggested and see what of it that will work for us, also probably some stats will be changed to fit the balance :)

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:26 am

You might consider...how should I say...*tweaking* the power/uses of some weapons that tend to go un used or worthless. I'm mainly talking about scythe's (Which is why I gave you an idea for a unique one) because they are probably the most unused weapons of the game, purely because that their requirements are usually higher for a lesser quality scythe than the other pole-arms.

Of course, there are other weapons, but I used the scythe purely as an example. And because I happen to like them. ;)

Anyway, break a leg, good luck, and stuff. :mrgreen:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:31 am

Of course, there are other weapons, but I used the scythe purely as an example. And because I happen to like them.
Yeah, thats a good reason to add/improve them :)

I will try to make a greater range of weapons (both base) and unique more used. So there aren't just a few elite unique you use, because they are superior everything else.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:55 am

Troll pelt: a green pelt armor weaker to fire but grants replenish life (or is better for a Set? ;))

remember that Trolls usually provoke people, so if there will be a troll head it could give provoke skill by oskill :P
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Mythrander101
Champion of the Light

Post by Mythrander101 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:52 pm

You might consider...how should I say...*tweaking* the power/uses of some weapons that tend to go un used or worthless. I'm mainly talking about scythe's (Which is why I gave you an idea for a unique one) because they are probably the most unused weapons of the game, purely because that their requirements are usually higher for a lesser quality scythe than the other pole-arms.

Of course, there are other weapons, but I used the scythe purely as an example. And because I happen to like them.
I also like scythes, i have a barb who is now using them. they're really cool!

Mythrander101 :snipersmile:
Internal Tester for Diablo II: Dark Alliance Mod.

People say that I suffer from insanity, but I don't suffer from it, I enjoy every moment of it!

World of Warcraft:
Realm: Feathermoon/Alliance
Name: Alistania, Tank

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:09 am

Troll pelt: a green pelt armor weaker to fire but grants replenish life (or is better for a Set? )
Nice, at the moment I have made to few items like that :)

This one would work either for unique or set.

I also like scythes, i have a barb who is now using them. they're really cool!

All base items, unique items, set is changed. So hopefully you will find a scythe you like.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:28 am

Time to add another strange unique idea for your mod (I'm soo evil)

Unique item Scroll (you need to have it on your hand to use it)

Summon big demon

(two or more uniques with same string so nobody should know the following :twisted: )

- you called a "Fallen Two" to help you in combat (and yes, same stats as him)

- you call a Balrog or something decent.

- You call something like Lister the tormentor, but sadly appears at near you and is not aligned with you, suffer for being stupid enough to use this item Bwahahaha.

the idea I had is that the scroll get consumed, it would be funny if you make always a double of that item with different alignment monsters (so it has 50% chance to be hostile to the caster)

what do you think on this one? :roll:

Cloak of shadows (cloak graphic on inventary)

I will suggest you to do the following, create a rare item of the level of this item allowing all affixes to it, and after see what mods appeared, add them to the unique item (this way you have a unique with the same mods of a random unique ;) )

it will make you look ethereal when you wear it, no further bonuses but look special :D

*cough* Pikachu pokeball *cough*

Charm unique with the form of a pokeball, it only grants a oskill "summon pikachu"

Pikachu ---> Quill rat variant that throws lightning at monsters and is lightning enchanted (try to simulate this one) prefer to use a monster AI so he will not follow you but shoot at distance (maybe give a thunderstorm shoot attack but low chance) and the sound "Pikaaaaaa"

(I loved the quill rat throwing lightnings, it was the first thing I did when I got started to modding) :)

Edit:

Since nobody replied I'll not make a reply it would be pointless

Ring of shadows (unique ring)

Property of make the wielder translucid while its opperative.

Physical damage input reduced by 50% (you are half shadow)
all elements damage input increased 50% (all element attack)

[this could be done with the state already?]

Charges of cloak of shadows or an oskill

and maybe a chance to get +1 to assasin skills or +1 to the cloak of shadows tree

possible to have it access to a summon shadows (not shadow master) that are similar to fallens but in black and translucid or from another game.

I prefer flavorful unique items than powerful ones, leave the power to the rares/runes and give us a special feel when we wear the uniques :D
Last edited by Vendanna on Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Return to “Dark Alliance”