Skills

Information and updates for the Prophecy of Shadows mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.
*Astalion*
Arch-Angel

Skills

Post by *Astalion* » Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:43 pm

This thread will be for discussing the skill changes (which wont be implemented until 1.10). Comments as well as suggestions will be welcome. Anything in parentesis are things I will try to add.

Necromancer Skills

Code: Select all

[color=red][u]Dark Rituals[/u][/color]
[color=blue]Envenom[/color]: Adds Poison Damage to attacks within time limit - Req:Lvl:1
[color=blue]Encurse[/color]: Adds Magic Damage to attacks within limit (% chance to cast curse) - Req:Lvl:18, Envenom 
[color=blue]Death strike[/color]: Melee attack that releases several magic bolts, all with poison trail - Req:Lvl 36, Encurse
[color=blue]Weaken[/color]: Curse - Lowers physical resist and damage - Req:Lvl:1
[color=blue]Vampire Essence[/color]: Curse - Steal life on attack(+mana steal) - Req:Lvl:18, Weaken
[color=blue]Nail Prison[/color]: Returns damage to enemy (also returns missile damage) - Req: Lvl:36, Vampire Essence
[color=blue]Power of Death[/color]: Releases magic projectiles from corpse - Req:Lvl:9
[color=blue]Corpse Explosion[/color]: Altered stats, rest as in LoD(damage increased by level) - Req:Lvl:18, Power of Death
[color=blue]Mind Control[/color]: Takes control over one or more enemies (area increasing with level) - Req: Lvl: 36, Corpse Explosion
[color=blue]The Beast(bad name)[/color]: Spawns a very powerful demon, which at skill level 1 has 40% chance to be friendly, chance increasing per level - Req:Lvl 45, Mind Control

[color=red][u]Controlled Summoning[/u][/color]
As summoning skills in LoD, but with changed graphics/stats/names/Requirements. If possible, revive will be replaced by another corpse-summoning skill: Raise Bone Demon.

[color=red][u]Death Spells[/u][/color]
[color=blue]Fire Star[/color]: Releases a bolt of fire, similar to Fire Ball - Req: Lvl: 1
[color=blue]Ice Star[/color]: Releases a bolt of ice, similar to Glacial Spike - Req: Lvl 18, Fire Star
[color=blue]Star Slayer[/color]: Sends bolts at enemies close to you, with lightning damage increasing with the number of monsters being hit - Req: Lvl: 36, Ice Star
[color=blue]Death Spirit[/color]: Releases a spirit which follows the target, and when it hits, stays still for 3 seconds and lastly explodes into a freezing nova - Req: Lvl: 18
[color=blue]Spirit Claw[/color]: Sends a "V" shape of teeth missiles, dealing magic damage, against you - Req: Lvl: 27, Death Spirit
[color=blue]Spirit Nova[/color]: Releases a ring of spirits, dealing magic damage and freezing - Req: Lvl:45, Spirit Claw, Banished Soul, Star Slayer
[color=blue]Stare of Traq'Oul[/color]: Sends out a freezing bone spear, dealing cold damage - Req: Lvl: 9
[color=blue]Eye of Traq'Oul[/color]: Sends out an orb, which releases bolts that stop after a small distance, and after 6 seconds they release frost novas - Req: Lvl: 27, Stare of Traq'Oul
[color=blue]Fangs of Traq'Oul[/color]: Releases several Spirit Claws, but going outward instead - Req: Lvl: 36, Eye of Traq'Oul
[color=blue]Soul of Traq'Oul[/color]: Releases a spirit which follows the target while releasing stunninf shock waves, and on hit it releases a nova of shock waves - Req: Lvl: 45, Fangs of Traq'Oul

Paladin Skills

[color=red][u]Healing Skills[/u][/color]
[color=blue]Prayer[/color]: Enhanced version of old prayer - Req: Lvl:9
[color=blue]Body Transfer[/color]: Melee attack with life leech - Req: Lvl:27, Prayer 
[color=blue]Ultimate Transfer[/color]: Melee attack with dual leech - Req:Lvl 36, Body Transfer, Soul Transfer
[color=blue]Meditation[/color]: Like old one, but altered - Req: Lvl:9
[color=blue]Soul transfer[/color]: Melee attack with mana leech - Req:Lvl:27, Meditaion
[color=blue]Guardian Angel[/color]: Aura - Resists elemental damage, regenerates life, reduces damage by % - Req: Lvl:45, Ultimate Transfer, Guardian of life
[color=blue]Healing[/color]: Heals you - Req: Lvl:1
[color=blue]Healing well[/color]: Spawns a holy bolt at target location, which sends out more holy bolts (frozen orb-style) and those bolts starts aiming at you after a short range, and heals you once they hit - Req: Lvl:27, Healing
[color=blue]Guardian of life[/color]: Increases life by a % - Req: Lvl: 36, Healing well
[color=blue]Redemption[/color]: Heals you, the more enemies that are near you the more you get healed - Req: Lvl 45, Guardian of life

[color=red][u]Auras[/u][/color]
[color=blue]Holy Strength[/color]: Enhanced damage, Increased attack speed - Req: Lvl:9
[color=blue]Angelic Power[/color]:  Enhanced damage, Increased attack rating (more damage, less radius than above) - Req: Lvl:27, Holy Strength 
[color=blue]Godlike Warrior[/color]: Enhanced damage, decreased attack rating (more damage than above, no radius) - Req:Lvl 36, Angelic Power
[color=blue]Tormentors Curse[/color]: Lowers enemies physical resist - Req: Lvl:18
[color=blue]Chimera's Blast[/color]: Lowers enemies resist all - Req:Lvl:27, ???(the one above)
[color=blue]Victory visions[/color]: Like conviction - Req: Lvl:45, Chimera's Blast
[color=blue]Wall of Faith[/color]: Increases defence by a % - Req: Lvl:1
[color=blue]Lord of Fire[/color]: Absorbs fire damage  - Req: Lvl:9, Wall of Faith
[color=blue]Lord of Thunder[/color]: Absorbs lightning damage - Req: Lvl:18, Lord of Fire
[color=blue]Lord of Ice[/color]: Absorbs cold damage - Req: Lvl:27, Lord of Thunder

[color=red][u]Elemental Skills[/u][/color]
[color=blue]Flame Spirit[/color]: Adds (%) fire damage to attack  - Req: Lvl:9
[color=blue]Storm Spirit[/color]: Adds (%) lightning damage to attack  - Req: Lvl:18, Flame Spirit
[color=blue]Ice Spirit[/color]: Adds (%) cold damage to attack  - Req: Lvl:27, Storm Spirit
[color=blue]Spirit of Vengeance[/color]: Adds % cold, fire and lightning damage to attack  - Req: Lvl:27, Ice Spirit
[color=blue]Purging Fire[/color]: Creates a spiral firewall - Req: Lvl:9
[color=blue]Storm Circles[/color]: A short range nova, which on each hit sends out a weaker nova - Req: Lvl:27, Purging Fire
[color=blue]Frost Spiral[/color]: Sends a V pattern missile in a spiral path - Req: Lvl:36, Storm Circles
[color=blue]Thundergods Blessing[/color]: Passive - Lightning Damage and Resist  - Req: Lvl:27
[color=blue]Frozen Soul (might change to Phrozen Heart ;) )[/color]: Passive - Cold Damage and Resist - Req: Lvl:36, Thundergods Blessing
[color=blue]Dragons Gift[/color]: Passive - Fire Damage and Resist - Req: Lvl 45, Frozen Soul

Shapeshifter(aka druid) Skills

[color=red][u]Werewolf/Yeti[/u][/color]
[color=blue]Shift: Werewolf[/color]: Shapeshift to a werewolf, increasing speed and damage - Req: Lvl:1
[color=blue]Summon Wolf[/color]: Summon one or more wolves, this skill also gives a passive health bonus while in Werewolf form - Req: Lvl: 5, Shift: Werewolf 
[color=blue]Feral Rage[/color]: Gives a temporary bonus to damage and speed, but lowers defence and resists - Req: Lvl 15, Summon Wolf
[color=blue]Fury[/color]: Faster, but with less damage than before, also reduces enemy defence each hit - Req: Lvl:25, Feral Rage
[color=blue]Shift Mastery[/color]: Passive - Raises health and time of shapeshifts - Req: Lvl:1
[color=blue]Call of the Wild[/color]: Passive - Raises damage, life, speed, attack rating and resists for summons - Req: Lvl:15, Summon wolf, Summon lesser Yeti
[color=blue]Shift: Yeti[/color]: Shapshift to a Yeti, increasing hit points, damage and defence - Req: Lvl: 1
[color=blue]Crush[/color]: Melee attack with extra damage and knockback, also has a chance of crushing blow - Req: Lvl:10, Shift: Yeti
[color=blue]Summon lesser Yeti[/color]: Summons a yeti, this skill also has a passive bonus to the damage of the Yeti shift - Req: Lvl: 15, Crush
[color=blue]Earthquake[/color]: Causes an earthquake - Req: Lvl 25, Summon lesser Yeti

[color=red][u]Council/Thorned Hulk[/u][/color]
[color=blue]Shift: Council Member[/color]: Shapshift to a Council Member, increasing mana, resists and giving replenish life - Req: Lvl:20
[color=blue]Storm bolt[/color]:  Shoots a red lightning bolt - Req: Lvl:25, Shift: Council Member 
[color=blue]Star of Silence[/color]: Starshaped fire appears at target after ~2 seconds - Req: Lvl:35, Storm Bolt
[color=blue]Ice Serpents[/color]: Summons three ice serpents which fires V shaped cold missiles - Req: Lvl:40, Star of Silence
[color=blue]Tri-Nova[/color]: Fires three novas dealing cold, fire and lightning damage - Req: Lvl:45, Ice Serpents
[color=blue]Restoration[/color]: Heals you and allies within a short radius - Req: Lvl:30
[color=blue]Protector Spirit[/color]: Raises life and mana, and regenerates both - Req: Lvl:40, Restoration
[color=blue]Shift: Thorned Hulk[/color]: Shapeshift to a Thorned Hulk, increasing damage, resists (all except fire) and life and adding stun to attacks, but lowers fire resist  - Req: Lvl:20
[color=blue]Trash[/color]: Meele attack which increases damage and speed, and also gives a chance of deadly strike and crushing blow - Req: Lvl:30, Shift: Thorned Hulk
[color=blue]Oak Force[/color]: Emits a small stunning nova, which uses half the weapon damage - Req: Lvl: 40, Trash

[color=red][u]Oblivion Knight/Tormentor[/u][/color]
[color=blue]Shift: Oblivion Knight[/color]: Shapeshift to an Oblivion Knight, adding elemental damage and resist  - Req: Lvl:40
[color=blue]Spirit Scales[/color]: Summons a scale, which protects you against all attacks  - Req: Lvl:45, Shift: Oblivion Knight
[color=blue]Chaotic Spirit[/color]: Releases a spirit which seeks the target and explodes on hit  - Req: Lvl:50, Spirit Scales
[color=blue]Death Skull[/color]: Sends a missile, which seeks the nearest target and switches between different elemental types  - Req: Lvl:55, Chaotic Spirit
[color=blue]Nova of the Damned[/color]: Starts an inward going nova, which switches between different elemental types - Req: Lvl:65, Death Skull
[color=blue]Demonic Influence[/color]: Aura - Raises your damage and attack speed, while lowering enemies resistances and defence - Req: Lvl:60
[color=blue]Diabolic Powers[/color]: Passive - Raises all stats and all skills - Req: Lvl:65, Demonic Influence
[color=blue]Shift: Tormentor[/color]: Shapeshift to a Tormentor, gaining damage, stunning attack, life, defence and damage reduction  - Req: Lvl:45
[color=blue]Hellish Rage[/color]: Fast melee attack, with added fire damage - Req: Lvl:50, Shift: Tormentor
[color=blue]Ungodly Strength[/color]: Gives a temporary boost to life, damage and attack speed - Req: Lvl 65, Hellish Rage
Im not sure which character will come next, well see :) .
Last edited by *Astalion* on Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
--About me:
--Links: Forum ToS / Prophecy of Shadows Site / Forum
--Interesting statements: The statement to the right is false - [color=#00ffff]The statement to the left is true - [color=#00ff00]This statement is false

Serak

Re: Skills

Post by Serak » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:59 pm

Wow, that looks real yum.
Could it be that we'll finally have a necro with useful skellies? :D
"Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven"

*Astalion*
Arch-Angel

Post by *Astalion* » Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:02 pm

Yes, of course. If 1.10 allows I will add a bone demon, which is similar to skeletons but is stronger and uses the bone golem graphics (from the plugin at the keep).
--About me:
--Interesting statements: The statement to the right is false - [color=#00ffff]The statement to the left is true - [color=#00ff00]This statement is false

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:51 am

This is looking really sweet. By looking at the skills you are going to use a higher level than 99? if so, how often will you get stats/skillpoints, every level?

*Astalion*
Arch-Angel

Post by *Astalion* » Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:02 am

Im not really sure if Ill make maximum level over 99, but if I do, I guess Ill put it at 150 and increase maximum skill cap to 35. Stats and skill points would be gained at the same rate, but skills would of course need more points to get good.

I cant wait until 1.10 when Ill do these skills (but I think I could do most right now, but not all together, due to overlapping effects).

Edit: Btw, fixed an error in the description of Death Strike, it is a melee attack.
Last edited by *Astalion* on Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
--About me:

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:18 am

If you need help on skill graphics (yes I am know that I am not great ;) ) or ideas, I would be honored/glad to help :mrgreen:.
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

*Astalion*
Arch-Angel

Post by *Astalion* » Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:22 pm

Sure, I could use some help. Right now, some help with converting the water serpent from the file center to dcc would help (Cv5 almost always crash for me :( ) . Im gonna use them for my "Ice Serpents" skill. I have the gifs with the right framecounts, though.
--About me:

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:51 pm

can you provide me with a link to this .dcc? I will take a look and if I succeed I will send it back to ya ;).
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

*Astalion*
Arch-Angel

Post by *Astalion* » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:54 pm

Its not a .dcc, but a .gif. Ill send the files to you over mail/yahoo messenger, and the discussion will continue there, as to dont go to far off-topic.
--About me:

franksjc00

Post by franksjc00 » Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:44 am

hey guys. from a quick look at the coming new skills it looks and sounds great. a necro that is actually going to be fun to play, from the sounds of it. i do have one question however. i thought that the druid or the shapeshifter i guess it is now called is supposed to be identified with nature. i love the idea of more than two options but i was thinking that the other options whatever they might be should do along with the nature idea. not sure what the other should be. it is just a thought. i am looking forward to the mod. it sounds awesome.

erik

*Astalion*
Arch-Angel

Post by *Astalion* » Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:10 pm

I have planned to make the Shapeshifter a more evil-style class, somewhat like the necromancer, though I wont change his graphics.
--About me:

Nexus
Champion of the Light

Post by Nexus » Mon May 05, 2003 2:59 am

:) I like what you have planned this looks like becoming a cool Mod...

I have a couple of things to throw out there...
1, any chance of making what was necros poison dagger skill.. enabled to work om sycthes and swords etc with ammped up dmg :?:

2, In suicidal tendancies the Assasian does leaping kick and sommersault kick only Mod I have seen it in might be worth a look ;) and really amp her traps mostly there pathetic

3, any way of changing the sorceress casting action when she holds a shield and sword she always looks damm stupid flapping her arms :roll: :!:
The Tradition of the Raven
"I have fled in the shape of a raven of prophetic speech".
................Taliesin

Tinkers Mod v2.0

*Astalion*
Arch-Angel

Post by *Astalion* » Wed May 07, 2003 8:23 pm

1. Death strike would be closest, and it works for all weapons.

2. That jump-spin will be in (it will damage + stun nearby enemies). For traps, they are now in two categories: true traps and sentries. Youll see as soon as I finish all the assasin skills (~5 or so left, all martial art skills).

3. Dont think so.
--About me:

Return to “Prophecy of Shadows”