Embodiment of Power: The Final Twilight Main Discussion

Information and updates for the mod Corrupted Death. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: New Mod!

Post by Rattlecage » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:50 pm

ChaoticDeath";p="120457" wrote: EDIT: I asked him if we can release the name of the mod, and he says it's a go. The new mod is called Embodiment of Power: The Final Twilight.
Aha! I've narrowed the list down for CD's possible sidekicks. We now know it's not taarna23 or Ssergit.
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: Embodiment of Power: The Final Twilight Main Discussion

Post by ChaoticDeath » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:25 pm

Man, I've got to be more careful about what I say, huh? Nice eye Rattlecage. I guess I can show a couple screenies of the mod. I'll show one skill from pally and one skill from sorc.

Pally Skill. Holy Explosion

Sorc Skill. Around lvl 8 Giga Flare
Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:06 am

Wow! Looks like something Laz would do. Great job CD.
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:32 am

Thanks Rattlecage. It's kinda like an honor to even be compared to one of the mod gods ;)!

4ever~|link
Paladin

Post by 4ever~|link » Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:16 am

well, since ive been out a week (bloody phone company disconnecting phone to early), ill go ahead and make myself known now. Of course you have already seen me post here like an eager player, fact being is that well, i felt like playing around abit. there are a few others who knew my identity. :twisted:

CD: He's Mr. Secretive ;)!

link: was, no longer is
Last edited by 4ever~|link on Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:45 pm

Wow! I never would've suspected you link! Inspeaking of Link, he's in Soul Calibur II for GCN. Can't wait to try it! I also can't wait to learn more about the mod.

4ever~|link
Paladin

Post by 4ever~|link » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:47 pm

Rattlecage";p="123728" wrote:Wow! I never would've suspected you link! Inspeaking of Link, he's in Soul Calibur II for GCN. Can't wait to try it! I also can't wait to learn more about the mod.
told ya the partner was a newb. =P. bah, more work to do.

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:03 pm

Lately, I've been thinking a lot (doesnt happen too often ;) ) about modding. It's been about quitting, since i've lost my motivation. So I've decided to spill all the info on Embodiment of Power. Tell me watcha think and if I should keep going.

- All new skills for everyone (including old ones!)
- Many cube recipies
- The biggest feature. Ability to transform into ANY monster through soulstones. here is how it would work. You kill a Fallen, and it might have a 3-5% chance of dropping its soulstone. You take the soulstone, mix it with an empty necklace. You then get a Fallen Soulmulet. You put it on as an Amulet, and wammo! Your a Fallen. Some bosses, like Blood Raven, would be Amazon only of course. Necro might be Nihilathek etc...
- More monsters (so more transforming)
- Morph-specific items. Ex. a Skeleton can drop a Skeletal Blade, Skeleton bones (armor), or a Skeleton soulstone. You must, however, be transformed into a skeleton to use them. And obviously monsters like Bishibosh will drop unique Fallen Shaman items, and HIS soulstone. ;)
- Good bit more, just cant think of it right now

So speak your mind freely now.

EDIT: Forgot a feature ;)
Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4ever~|link
Paladin

Post by 4ever~|link » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:37 pm

you already know what i think, should keep this mod alive. Of course I can still do that, just need your end of the work if you completly pull out of this. I ended up getting cubemain to work (kingpin helped me figure out my problem), misc.txt has uh ALOT of lines now (soulstones, regular soulmulets), unik items has reg, nm, and hell versions of the morphing soulmulets. If Sir_General ever returns, to give Kingpin info, we will be able to rewrite the morphing system to make it easier to use, seeing as how my attempt at having all the morphs in states.txt failed miserably (TOO MANY LINES!!!). Snce your spilling the beans, Ill unlock the screenshots later and post a link to them, and if I get around to it, Ill make a screen of those new backgrounds. Peace out :twisted:

edit 1: heres link to images
Last edited by 4ever~|link on Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:47 pm

ChaoticDeath:

Ofcourse we want to see this new mod. It sounds cool and you know that i will try to get you motivated again. I'm always away the rare time you are in the channel ;/

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:57 am

Thanks for the replies. Any more? Apparently barely anyone checks this forum anymore ;). :roll:

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:58 pm

I have been keeping up to date on everything that goes on in here, but I dont post often....but I would love to see the new mod put into play! :)

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

Niohoggr

Post by Niohoggr » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:47 pm

Holy {filtered}, this Mod sounds GRRRRREAT! Can't wait for the first version! :lol:
If Life is Hell.. .. I like it!

WarWolf
Paladin

Post by WarWolf » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:32 pm

/me is looking here thrice a week to see whats going on ... well but most of the time its nothing in the CD forums and i dont bother posting in others :D and i still did not lose hope for the runewords in regular CD but yeah im really exited when im hearing ur ideas for the new mod :D i would even install IRC again for the beta test of this mod :mrgreen:

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:07 am

For all of my very loyal fans out there, (must be very few of you ;) ) I've got two new screenies for you.

Electric Jolt 1

Electric Jolt 2

The first one is the orb shooting out charged bolts. The second one is the charged bolts exploding into novas. The skill is an electric orb that shoots charged bolts which erupt into electric novas. And no, this skill goes pretty fast, and I noticed no lag whatsoever on single player.

Also, I've gotten back into modding, and the sorceress skills should be done quite soon! Only 5-6 more to go! :mrgreen: Enjoy!

4ever~|link
Paladin

Post by 4ever~|link » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:49 am

glad to hear your back now cd, now i can put off learning like a hundred new thngs; and the fact i dont have to create the rest of the mod on my own now. well, time to finish burning tenacious d then play some xRO.

afj666
Retired staff
Champion of the Light
Denmark

Hand-picked

Post by afj666 » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:36 pm

Just so you know it guys.....

You are indeed NOT alone out there :)

I'm also looking into the forums from time to time, and i must say:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Extended Levels Plugin | Extended Object | Plugin | CustomTbl Plugin
Your Weight Is Appropriate.... For A Medium Sized Russian Tank

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:25 am

Thanks afj.

I believe it's time for another screenie. Post your thoughts ;).

Torching Beam

Draws ether from the air and releases it in a beam of explosions knocking back enemies. :twisted:

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:28 pm

Doesn't sound bad at all! I wound't mind giving this a whirl!

Good luck with the soulstone stuff CD, it's going to be hard work but well worth it in the end!
D2 characters: level 47 sorceress
Sir_Generals Rune Mod characters: level 36 amazon, level 25 barbarian

FirEFroG
Paladin

Post by FirEFroG » Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:54 am

FirEFroG digs through the top soil of the earth, gasps for air and begins to walk again

Well hello there, CD man... long time no talk, hows everything? i just stopped in and remembered that you were making a new mod, sorry about dissapearing in june, things came up, had stuff todo... yeah but anyways, nice new mod here man, looks great... i recomend that you stick with it(its a few times greater then ours) and im glad to see i didnt set you back to much by dissapearing...

you know i hope you do stick with it, that soulstone idea is great, but i got a question, how about the Andarial, Mephisto, Duriel, Diablo, and Baal soulstones? you gunna put those in? would be hard but cool and i would surely pull myself back into d2:lod to try it out, i hope i've given you a new reason to stick around... i mean even the best of us get bored... but it passes, and then you back into the swing of things... but yeah, i'd give you the 1100 runes from before but my laptop is 'dead' to say... its all messed up and i cant get to it, but if you really want it i can try... the spells you showed look awesome, and yeah, kudo's to you and this new mod... peace
"I came. I saw. I was lit on FIRE!"
Thanks, The FroG
spin wrote:Now, who has the rules for the new cat?:P
Corrupted Death mod - Website - Forum

4ever~|link
Paladin

Post by 4ever~|link » Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:55 am

the_brainaic";p="132393" wrote:Doesn't sound bad at all! I wound't mind giving this a whirl!

Good luck with the soulstone stuff CD, it's going to be hard work but well worth it in the end!

heh, cd's main focus is skills and weapons/armors/sets more or less. im stuck with everything else. ;) i have the stones setup and all, but the morphing.... where is sg when i need him? (specially the past 2 months)

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:29 pm

heh. Dont make creating skills sound easy. Ideas is hard, and sometimes the skill just wont work.

link: talk to afj. He can help you too! (yea i know, this should be a PM.)

EDIT: All of sorcy skills are complete now. Here is a couple more screenies.

Scorch Wave
Scorch Wave Explosion
Blue Dragon Trail
Last edited by ChaoticDeath on Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mystaphandrical

Post by mystaphandrical » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:53 pm

omfg you guys... this mod is gonna be soooo sweet :D

i hope it gets done soon man.. i REALLY wanna run around as a spike fiend LMAO :lol: ... or even a damn undead stygian doll hahaha payback for all those lil bastages that kill my barb upon exploding... put no armour in and have some massive dmg to take em all out at once LOL

anyways those sorc and pali skills youve shown look uber sweet so far and i like that charged bolt nova spell... :D

keep up the awesome work and if ya need ideas for items or names lemme know... i MAY be able to put some feedback in... i wanna learn to do mods myself and you guys got some sweet skills
remember folks... in a drunk driving test.... always, i repeat ALWAYS, touch your own nose and not the cops... they dont like that :D

ChaoticDeath
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by ChaoticDeath » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:07 am

Thanks for the compliments. Anyway, I've forgotten to mention a feature. We will also be adding a good bit of new music into our mod that comes from other video games. ;). Currently im working on another (maybe final) patch for CD. Just some info ;).

4ever~|link
Paladin

Post by 4ever~|link » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:59 am

ChaoticDeath";p="134501" wrote:Thanks for the compliments. Anyway, I've forgotten to mention a feature. We will also be adding a good bit of new music into our mod that comes from other video games. ;). Currently im working on another (maybe final) patch for CD. Just some info ;).
heh, you sneaky bastard. o well, more and more info released to the public doesnt hurt us, only strengthens our determination, isnt that right cd? think we should give them a taste of one of more of the backgrounds i converted? or mayb a song or 2 after i convert? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (you can tell i just love that smily)

edit: ooooooo almost 100 posts.
Last edited by 4ever~|link on Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Corrupted Death”