New version developement

Information and updates for the Zy-El mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: d2vern, Kato

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: New version developement

Post by stingray » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:22 pm

I haven't played an amazon in quite some time, but I do recall Multishot having a huge mana cost. The number of arrows seems off, though.
The PK Pikachu

~ Stingray, dedicated Eastern Sun, and Zy-El mod playing Pikachu. ~

Eastern Sun Database | Eastern Sun Wiki | Zy-El Wiki | Zy-El Unique Webpage

Elafar
Paladin

Post by Elafar » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:52 pm

Version 4.5 differ from 4.4 , so it is highly recommendable to read / download the read file which is posted on the first page. However, some changes that have been made may not be listed.

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:10 pm

I can't kill Duriel. I depended way too much on cold damage.

Phoenix runeword did the trick :)

LawofJohn

Post by LawofJohn » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Yea i was looking through the guide before i posted, I could not find the reciepie for the collector change :( Which kinda sucks, cause it means i have to start another collector all over.

Elafar
Paladin

Post by Elafar » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Why you want to change the collector ? Now you can fill it with millions of points. Just pay attention to exact formulas for extracting

LawofJohn

Post by LawofJohn » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:43 pm

thats just it, now I HAVE to pay attetnion. Im only in act 2 Normal, level 90-ish druid. So I dont really have anyway of getting massive amounts of gold to fill it up quickly.

My curent collector has about 6k points, i just threw EVERYHTING into it for one session. Cant proceed very far, they always seem to ignore my woolfes and attack me directly :(

Elafar
Paladin

Post by Elafar » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:14 pm

May I ask you what you want to make with your collector that could help you ?
Druids minions have been nerfed as far I know, maybe there is some other way you could help your minions ? There should be plenty recipes and ways to boost your self apart from collector.

Eberhardt

Post by Eberhardt » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:35 pm

I didn't have any problems with my druid until the act 5 (yeah, the infamous frost giants). I guess you should re-think your strategy because despite being nerfed wolfies still rock. I for one get as much +skills as possible. Mana cost per summon increases but summons are more durable so there's no need to re-summon them too often.

And the only reason I fill the collector is to upgrade runes. Which is cheap btw.

LawofJohn

Post by LawofJohn » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:31 am

Trying to get a zy-el scroll. I doubt ill have the endurance to to make it through most of the game again, Since i decided to start over with this patch. I cant ever find the cube items to make the quest items for the staff for act2 /flail for act 3, otherwise it would not be bad.

What the items I mean are rare quater staff and rare flail :( It just takes too long to clear out areas, and this is even just running through without exploring every knoock and cranny. Guess im not as un-burnt out on d2 as i thought I was.

Elafar
Paladin

Post by Elafar » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:09 am

You could buy / gamble 3 blue items and use recipe to upgrade them to rare, I think it is
3 x magic weapons + 1magic ring + 1magic amu + 1 magic jew

And it is not likely that you will be able (if you are playing honestly and not duping ) to craft zy-el scrolls any soon.

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:47 am

Those Spitballs in Act III are invisible on purpose or I've got problems with them?
I'm asking cuz' some of them are visible for me.
Last edited by bro on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eberhardt

Post by Eberhardt » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:51 am

bro" wrote: Those Spitballs in Act III are invisible on purpose or I've got problems with them?
I guess it was on purpose because they're invisible to me too. Though they're visible in the next location. Well, it's more fun anyway. What unexpected is, they don't cast amplify damage though they try (casting orange ball appears but the curse is not cast).

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:23 am

Thanks for fast reply. One more question. Does Mephisto still drop Zy runes?

Eberhardt

Post by Eberhardt » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:10 am

Zy runes drop only in NM and presumably Hell from ordinary mobs. Meph and other act bosses drop only elixirs/perfect gems. No demon keys, no zy runes.

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:42 pm

So... it's going to be hard time for my zon since Multipleshot eats over 60 or 70 mana per use at level 20 and shots only 7 arrows. Didn't get Guided Arrow yet, so mana is suficient for me right now. Damn, I don't have any idea for her... :(

The only think that comes to me is to do meph runs and load Collector with perfect gems from him so I can make Zy-El scroll and then Zy-El’s Requiem

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:58 pm

If you can find a Shard of Mentats, that could also alleviate some of your mana issues.
The PK Pikachu

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Mana is one problem. Health is much more important. I've got 1,8k HP (just!) and I even can't reach Mephisto. Damn Obsidian Flyers (or something like that). Any ideas? It's been long time since I played last time Zy-El. Only Diablo 3 since out.

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:53 pm

What particular issues are you having? Are you having trouble killing things or just surviving? (Or both?)

Some pictures of your gear would be helpful in any case.
The PK Pikachu

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Problem is surviving. Right now I can't post pictures cuz' I'm outdoor - grill party ;-) cheers by the way :-)

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:01 pm

Crafted belt with hp/lvl and some gigantors should solve any health issues. The bone armor charges granted by gigantor should add some tankiness too.
The PK Pikachu

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Yeah! I start to remember something like that. Thanks for advice. :-)

Montex
Paladin

Post by Montex » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:01 am

I had some busy time at work. Anyway im back now - will try to fix most of what was written above
Somewhere between reality and fantasy... Where one ends yet the other does not begin...

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Since I managed to create crafted amulet from 2's of swords my survivality problems gone. Right now I need high damage boost. Zon has 76 level now. Do you have any ideas?

Eberhardt

Post by Eberhardt » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Montex" wrote:I had some busy time at work. Anyway im back now - will try to fix most of what was written above
Welcome back! :mrgreen: I somehow stopped playing - there's a recurring crash when I try to play in NM (something about COMPONENTS, I'll make a SS later) so I can't get further than Kurast Bazaar.

EDIT: I noticed something. Remember when I told about imp class monsters dealing too much damage? Well, they somehow don't kill. They can leave you with as little as 1 HP and can't do anything beyond this point. It looks like they take your hp by percentage bc now I have 65k and they are still a problem. So in the log it's never "TreeHugger was killed by Trickster", it's usually some other kind of monsters. I know it sounds crazy (crushing blow on monsters?) but I have no other explanation.

t9s1n2

Post by t9s1n2 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Could you add on gems what sockets they go into? I'm a new player and i don't know what does what where. I think all charms have different effects for sockets and for example gloves have weapon stat, so gems for example would say weapon, glove, charm type before the stat.

Return to “Zy-El: Trial by Fire”