Treasure Hunters Mini-Tournament!

Information and updates for the Zy-El mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: d2vern, Kato

bro
Champion of the Light

Re: Treasure Hunters Mini-Tournament!

Post by bro » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:03 pm

2nd run Cold Plains:
+2 2's of Spades = 60
+1 4's of Diamonds = 170
+1 2's of Diamonds = 25
+6 Jokers = 60
-------------------------
= 315 + 1065 = 1380

Code: Select all

Player             Character/Class        Mode    Runs Completed   Total Score
==============================================================================
Clersius           TCsRUs/Dru              SC         25/33           4680
Al-T               GimmeTCs/Dru            SC         27/33           4280
Mynx               Dyslexor/Paladin        SC         15/33           1690
bro                Hippolyta/Ama           SC          8/33           1380
JrEye              NipsFromHell/Asn        SC          0/33              0

Mynx

Post by Mynx » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:29 am

4 more rund done 3 in Dark woods and 1 Tristram, i was about to make the summoners chom but i got lucky once again, i got a scroll " Tal to sm charm" so i transmutated that and got a small charm with summon 6 Dire wolfs :) so now im blasting throu with players 127, but it doesent seam to help my case, i gues if your lucky with other things TCards suffer :/ like i did third run in Dark woods at players 127 and got 2 jokers, not to spectacular ... well,, maby it will change

Clersius           TCsRUs/Dru              SC         25/33           4680
Mynx               Dyslexor/Paladin        SC         19/33           1965
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
-Albert Einstein -

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:37 am

Al-T" wrote:I should have been involved in "continuity". It is "office managers and marketing twits" :D...
Hired!! *pays you one Joker per week* :lol:
At feching last !! A 6 of Diamonds Window of Opportunity from a Rock Golem...
Congratulations!!! Finally, sheesh. :roll: What were you waiting for, an engraved invitation? And what does “feching” mean? :mrgreen:
Mynx" wrote:...Rakanishy droped a 5 of spade second run...
Congrats, Mynx!! Super-nice drop. :) Errrm, I mean, what is it with you guys? You think you can just go around copying my luck whenever you feel like it!? I'll sue! I'll have so many lawyers crawling... nah, nevermind, let's just stick with the “Congrats,” eh? :twisted:
bro" wrote:+1 4's of Diamonds = 170
Grats to you as well, bro! Nice find there. :) That's one of the great things about this Mini-Tourney: you can never tell who is going to grab the luck next. It's still anyone's game right up to the final bell for the final contestant. Like Al wrote – logically, it is only a matter of a few cards that separate our scores, and anyone could be at the top at any given moment!
Al-T" wrote:Watch out Clersius I am back in the game :!:
8-O *kicks it into high gear* *sputters along at a less-than-modest-pace despite the kicking and the high-gearing* Awesome job, Maestro! Thanks for the write-ups, the fun, and the stiff competition!

---------------

What better way to start off the second run of the Tower than to walk in and find a welcoming party of Bone Golems? The Hordes had positioned themselves 'twixt TCsRUs and the nasties, so all was well. I would imagine they would have one-or-two shot him even having in excess of 3700 life (with Oak Sage).

The Tower, Run #2, Level #1 – A pair of Jokers (+20 = 4700) dropped from a Zombie and a Dark Archer, and we were done!

The Tower, Run #2, Level #2 – Three Jokers (+30 = 4730) in a row to start: Blood Clan, Ghost, and a Barrel were the instruments by which they were delivered. Then a Two of Clubs (+20 = 4750) dropped from a Hungry Dead, followed by a group of Blood Clan providing this (+80 = 4830):
ThreeOfClubs.jpg
Lastly, a Joker (+10 = 4840) all but jumped out of an Undefiled Grave, obviously eager for a new home.

The Tower, Run #2, Level #3 – A group of wraiths, having dissipated into nothing but a fine mist, left behind a Two of Hearts (+15 = 4855) and a Lenymo unique sash. The Bonanza Chest popped out a Joker (+10 = 4865), and we were done with the third level.

The Tower, Run #2, Level #4 – Two different packs of wraiths each dropped a Joker (+20 = 4885), and the Bonanza Chest spewed forth a Two of Clubs (+20 = 4905) and a Two of Diamonds (+25 = 4930). Nice spring-loaded loot!

The Tower, Run #2, Level #5 – Some sneaky monster had stashed his brother's Leadcrow in a barrel, hoping to get away with tales of “Bandits took it, bandits took it!”, but TCsRUs found it before it could be recovered... finders, keepers! A Bone Golem thought that his Two of Hearts (+15 = 4945) would be his forever, and he was partially right! His own personal forever was exactly how long he possessed it. :twisted: A Ghoul unwillingly handed over Milabrega's Orb, then a member of the Blood Clan “accidentally” discarded this (+85 = 5030):
ThreeOfDiamonds2.jpg
A Bone Golem lost hold of its Joker (+10 = 5040), and then a single pack of Disfigured dropped a Joker (+10 = 5050), a Two of Diamonds (+25 = 5075), and a Two of Spades (+30 = 5105)! A big thanks goes out to those ugly demons with the super-bad breath.

Finally, to end the run, TCs pulled a Joker (+10 = 5115) out of the murky sewage at the bottom of a moldy Barrel. The barrel was right there where the fight with both the Bone Golems and the Disfigured were, so there were five cards in close proximity to one another. I thought I took a screenshot, but apparently I was mistaken, and came up SHORT!. :cry: Here instead is a photograph taken at the end of the run. You can see that the aperture adjustment is a bit off, and the shutter speed is waaaaay too slow... well, no, you can't really see that, but it sounds fairly cerebral, doesn't it :?:
TCards7.jpg
+170 overflow Jokers
+10 each overflow Two of Hearts/Clubs/Diamonds/Spades

Clersius           TCsRUs/Dru              SC         26/33           5115
Mynx               Dyslexor/Paladin        SC         19/33           1965
My prediction? JrEye is going to win... sometime in 2013! Happy New Year!! Twice!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mynx

Post by Mynx » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:15 am

Tristram 3:rd run and Black Marshes 1:st run
also have another page with Tcards.
Player Character/Class Mode Runs Completed Total Score
Clersius TCsRUs/Dru SC 26/33 5115
Al-T GimmeTCs/Dru SC 27/33 4280
Mynx Dyslexor/Paladin SC 16/33 2390
bro Hippolyta/Ama SC 8/33 1380
JrEye NipsFromHell/Asn SC 0/33 0
(made a mis on the run complited, now it should be correct i hope)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
-Albert Einstein -

bro
Champion of the Light

Post by bro » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Mynx               Dyslexor/Paladin        SC         19/33           2390
I repaired the table for you :) Use code next time :P

Mynx

Post by Mynx » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:05 pm

ops :) was to fast, thanx
-Albert Einstein -

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Nice work bro, Mynx and "slightly less old boy than I" :D

The scores bro and Mynx are posting at the same junctures is making me think I am going to come last :roll:
Clersius" wrote:I thought I took a screenshot, but apparently I was mistaken, and came up SHORT!
There is a worrying pattern emerging here. I have the name of a good consultant I can give you...now where did I put that card :?: :P
My prediction? JrEye is going to win... sometime in 2013! Happy New Year!! Twice!!!
I totally disagree. Kato is going to join in November 2012 and will win it in March 2033 just in time to wish me "Happy 70th Birthday" :roll:

Nice work once more Clersius :) . 5115 to beat with, after this update, only 5 runs to go for me is going to be a big ask but 2 more runs in Tamoe and "The Catacombs" are so large and have so many monsters, chests and barrels that anything could happen.

Tamoe Highland Run 1: Immediately I get 3 Jokers from Spike giants (+30, score 4310). Another Joker, this time from a Rock Golem (+10, score 4320). A Joker from a Shaman (+10, score 4330). "I did set Players 127 didn't I?"...yup I did :cry: . 2 Jokers from Returned Archers (+20, score 4350). GimmeTCs hits level 77. A Joker from a chest (+10, score 4360). A Joker from a Returned Archer (+10, score 4370). Tamoe Highland clear...check.

Jokers Page 1 after Tamoe Run 1

Jokers Page 2 after Tamoe Run 1

The rest is as it was before this run :roll: .

Al-T               GimmeTCs/Dru            SC         28/33           4370
Conclusion: Reasonable amount of Joker drops but it's just a pity they were not higher numbered cards. Rock on :D

As bro and I like to say...Good luck everyone and Happy Zy-Elling :)
Last edited by Al-T on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Veteran? More like "Ancient Relic!"..been playing the mod for 12 years!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
I get knocked down but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down...!
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:08 am

Al-T" wrote:There is a worrying pattern emerging here. I have the name of a good consultant I can give you...now where did I put that card :?: :P
:rotf: I think I know that guy, actually. He advised me on... uhm... yeah. Back in... uhm... right. You know what I'm talking about! That one guy who told me about that place when I needed those things? Well, if you find the, err... what were we talking about, again? :mrgreen:
...and "The Catacombs" are so large and have so many monsters, chests and barrels that anything could happen.
No doubt... we could easily have a complete turn-around in there. My next prediction is that I come in dead last, you come in second, and Mynx and bro battle for first/third. :o Oh, the irony :!:

Good runs, all three of you!

--------

Rock Golems and Bone Golems were there to greet TCsRUs at the entrance to the Tower for the third and final run. One of them dropped a Two of Hearts (+15 = 5130), an auspicious beginning!

The Tower, Run #3, Level #1 – A Joker (+10 = 5140) was retrieved from an Undefiled Grave, and then a Returned dropped another one (+10 = 5150). The second Two of Hearts (+15 = 5165) of the run popped out of the level one Bonanza Chest.

The Tower, Run #3, Level #2 – Jokers (+30 = 5195) were obtained from a Sarcophagus and two separate, unrelated Ghosts. Well, they were not in the same pack. TCs never thought to ask if they had the same father, or if they spawned from the same Hell Portal, or however the Diablo II universe coughs up more ghosts. :P

The Tower, Run #3, Level #3 – A pair of Jokers (+20 = 5215) dropped, one from a Spectre, the other from the level three Bonanza Chest. Then a Blood Clan lost a Two of Clubs (+20 = 5235), a Sarcophagus was found to be housing a Two of Hearts (+15 = 5250), and the Zombie trap that popped out of it dropped Hsaru's Iron Fist set buckler.

The Tower, Run #3, Level #4 – A Joker (+10 = 5260) from a Ghost. That's it! :cry:

The Tower, Run #3, Level #5 – A Joker (+10 = 5270) from a Bone Golem, then a Two of Clubs (+20 = 5290) and a Demon Box from a pack of Bone Golems in a side room. An Ogre Demon dropped a Joker (+10 = 5300), then a pack of Blood Clan dropped both a Joker (+10 = 5310) and a Two of Hearts (+15 = 5325). Lots of those showing up this evening. A Two of Spades (+30 = 5355) dropped from a Spectre further down the big hall, and then another Spectre dropped a Three of Spades (+90 = 5445) at the entrance to the right side wing of Andariel's chamber.
ThreeOfSpades.jpg
The right side chest dropped squat, but the left side chest had another Two of Hearts (+15 = 5460) in it. The last drop of the last run on the Tower was from a Champion Devilkin – one of the Countess' top lieutenants dropped a lowly Joker (+10 = 5470).
TCards8.jpg
+170 overflow Jokers
+20 overflow each of Two of Hearts and Two of Clubs
+10 overflow each of Two of Diamonds and Two of Spades

Clersius           TCsRUs/Dru              SC         27/33           5470
Al-T               GimmeTCs/Dru            SC         28/33           4370

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:09 am

...I think I know that guy, actually. He advised me on... uhm... yeah. Back in... uhm... right. You know what I'm talking about! That one guy who told me about that place when I needed those things? Well, if you find the, err... what were we talking about, again? :mrgreen:
:lol:
...No doubt... we could easily have a complete turn-around in there. My next prediction is that I come in dead last, you come in second, and Mynx and bro battle for first/third. :o Oh, the irony :!:
You forgot JrEye...my current prediction is (1=) bro & Mynx, (3) JrEye, (4) Clersius and (5) Al-T. :roll:

Nice work yourself Clersius. +355 to add to your score isn't too shabby. Not shabby at all :)
-------------

Tamoe Highland Run 2: On killing the first few Dark Lancers I hit level 78. Oh and Myrada is now level 61. No TC drops yet but what is nice is I am getting a few Poster Fragment drops wich will come in handy for my continuing post-tournament adventures. I hit level 79. 1st drop from a Dark Archer (+50, score 4420). A set armour and amulet drop (Arcitc Furs and Civerbs Icon) so I do another reroll of 3 set items for an Amn rune this time. Myrada hits level 62. A Joker from a boulder (+10, score 4430). A Joker from a Pecker (+10, score 4440). I hit level 80 but will carry on with my Spirit Wolves to the end of this run and try out Dire Wolves on my last run here. A Joker from another boulder (+10, score 4450). A 2 of Hearts from a Dark Archer (+15, score 4465). A Joker from a chest (+10, score 4475). This is turning out to be a nice run :). A Joker from a Devilkin (+10, score 4485). A Joker from a Returned Archer (+10, score 4495) and a 2 of Clubs from a Champion Returned Archer (+20, score 4515).

Jokers Page 1 is full.

Jokers Page 2 after Tamoe Run 2

Twos Page 1 after Tamoe Run 2

All the rest are as they were.

Al-T               GimmeTCs/Dru            SC         29/33           4515
Conclusion: That was a very satisfying run. Not only did I get good TC drops, I also got 12 poster fragments and a bunch of nice cube scrolls. I now have 9 x "Any Armour to Magic Armour" and a whole host of "Rare Jewel to <uni jewel>". Rock on :D.
---------------------------
[EDIT]

Tamoe Highland Run 3: I am trying out Dire Wolves this time. If they are not as good as the Spirit Wolves I will revert back to the Spirit Wolves and try Dire Wolves again when I hit level 81 and place a point in "Heart of Wolverine". If they still aren't good enough I wll revert again. They aren't as good as Spirit Wolves (yet) so I revert. A Joker from a Rock Golem (+10, score 4525). I hit level 81 so a trip back to town to place a point in HoW and try the Dire Wolves again and use HoW instead of Oak sage. Much better this time...they aren't dying this time and are killing fast. Strange that they must have hit a life overflow with Oak Sage with both being only level 18. Oh well, HoW is working a treat with them. A Joker from a Returned Archer (+10, score 4535). A 2 of Diamonds from a Spike Fiend (+25, score 4560). A scroll upgrade gives me this Add Dru 2 which I will keep for later. I also get a "Key to Hex Charm 6" so I make this Gigantor. A Joker from a Dark Archer (+10, score 4570). A 2 of Spades from a Disfigured (+30, score 4600). I hit level 82 and Myada is now 64 (I must have missed her getting a level somewhere). A 2 of Diamonds from a Mush Head (+25, score 4625). Another 2 of Diamonds from a chest (+25, score 4650). A Joker from a Rock Golem (+10, score 4660). A Joker from a Returned Archer (+10, score 4670). A "Shard of Leviathan" scroll upgrade to be used and abused after the tournament. I hit level 83 and Myrada hits 65. A 2 of Diamonds from a chest (+25, score 4695). A Joker from a Pecker (+10, score 4705) and I hit level 84. Tamoe Highland clear...check. Another scroll upgrade to Secret this time and I get this Absorb Fire. Another to be used post-tournament.

Jokers Page 1 is full.

Jokers Page 2 after Tamoe Run 3

Twos Page 1 after Tamoe Run 3

All the rest are as they were.

Al-T               GimmeTCs/Dru            SC         30/33           4705
Conclusion: Not brilliant in terms of TC drops but item drops for post-tournament play were very nice. Rock on :D. Only 3 runs left but still hopeful The Catacombs can turn around my fortunes.

Happy Zy-Elling :).
Al-Tisaur...Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007 & "Zy-Sensitive" Veteran Pension Holder!
Trying to picture Al as a Power,... it's not working it must be the Tiger Stripes that get me every time - Hans
Official Zy-El Website | ZyEl Wiki | Russian Zy-El Website by mahatmaQL | Eastern Sun

Hellwolf_36
Champion of the Light

Post by Hellwolf_36 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Hellwolf_36        Kairaishi/Nec           SC          0/33              0
I'm in with a Nec. The name means wirepuller or puppet player in Japanese.

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:53 pm

@Al: You are getting some sweet drops/rerolls... GimmeTCs is going to have a ball post-tourney. And, by extension, you may just have a little fun yourself! :mrgreen:
Hellwolf_36" wrote:I'm in with a Nec. The name means wirepuller or puppet player in Japanese.
Woot! Fresh Blood! Welcome to the tourney, Hellwolf, and I hope you do fabulously well. Oh yes, and :cool: name.

--------

Tamoe Highland, Run #1 – Dark Stalker dropped a Joker (+10 = 5480), followed closely by a Rock Golem dropping a Demon Box. A Two of Clubs (+20 = 5500) from a Returned Mage, a Joker (+10 = 5510) from a Dark Stalker, and then this delightful jewel (+95 = 5605):
ThreeOfSwords.jpg
Four Jokers (+40 = 5645) in a row from: a Carver, a Dark Stalker, a Mush Head, and a chest. Then a Pecker dropped a Two of Hearts (+15 = 5660) and a pack of Hungry Dead dropped a Two of Diamonds (+25 = 5685). The last three drops were again Jokers (+30 = 5715): Burning Dead, Devilkin, and a Pecker were the contributing members.

Tamoe Highland, Run #2 – A Dark Stalker was relieved of the burden of lugging around a Joker (+10 = 5725) and two different Devilkin each paid homage to the Hordes with a Joker (+20 = 5745) of their own. Two Two of Clubs (+40 = 5785) in a row dropped, one from a Rock Golem, the other from a Dark Stalker. A Joker (+10 = 5795) from a chest, another from a Carver (+10 = 5805), and then a Shadow Rogue dropped the Raven Claw unique bow with which she had been loosing arrows at the poor, defenseless (ha!) Woolufs. Three more Jokers (+30 = 5835) from Shadow Rogues, Burning Dead, and Rock Golems, then a third Two of Clubs (+20 = 5855) was pilfered from a chest. A Rock Golem contributed a Manald Heal unique ring to TCs' collection of goodies. Two Jokers (+20 = 5875) dropped from a Dark Stalker and a Mush Head, and the last drop of the run was a Two of Stars (+40 = 5915) from the last chest TCsRUs opened.

Tamoe Highland, Run #3 – A Pecker dropped a Two of Diamonds (+25 = 5940), followed by a Mush Head with a Joker (+10 = 5950) and an Axe of Fechmar. Thanks, Mushy! A Dark Stalker and a chest both provided Jokers (+20 = 5970), then a Devilkin, after much coaxing, parted with his Two of Swords (+35 = 6005). Four Jokers (+40 = 6045) in a row from a Spike Giant, a Rock Golem, a Dark Stalker, and a Dark Lancer. Opening a chest revealed a Two of Stars (+40 = 6085), and another chest sprung a Joker (+10 = 6095). A Mush Head dropped a Joker (+10 = 6105), and then TCsRUs came across a pack of Rock Golems, one of whom looked quite ridiculous with this little tiny tin cap on his head! After slaying him, it was found that the tin cap was in actuality Arcanna's Head set skull cap. I'm sure Arcanna will be happy to get that back... Moving a suspicious-looking Loose Rock revealed not only a Joker (+10 = 6115), but also a Two of Spades (+30 = 6145)! A Joker (+10 = 6155) was retrieved from a Rock Golem, a Spike Giant was found to have another Two of Spades (+30 = 6185) stuck to the end of one of his giant quills, and a Hungry Dead provided a Joker (+10 = 6195) as a lovely parting gift for TCs' Tamoe Highland trifecta.
TCards9.jpg
+200 overflow Jokers
+20 overflow each of Two of Hearts/Clubs/Spades
+10 overflow of Two of Diamonds

Clersius           TCsRUs/Dru              SC         27/33           6195
Good luck to all of you in your adventures!

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Hellwolf_36" wrote:I'm in with a Nec. The name means wirepuller or puppet player in Japanese.
NOOOOOOOO! I am sure I put it in the smallprint for this tournament that "Hellwolf_36 is not allowed to join" :!:

Just "pulling your wire" my friend :P Welcome to the tournament and I hope you have a lot of fun :)
Clersius" wrote:@Al: You are getting some sweet drops/rerolls... GimmeTCs is going to have a ball post-tourney. And, by extension, you may just have a little fun yourself!
Thanks my friend and I am sure GimmeTCs and I will have lots of fun and adventures ;)

What I will say to both of you, however is..."go back to Arithmetic 101" :lol: The table should be as follows:

Clersius           TCsRUs/Dru              SC         30/33           6195
Al-T               GimmeTCs/Dru            SC         30/33           4515

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Al-T" wrote:What I will say to both of you, however is..."go back to Arithmetic 101" :lol: The table should be as follows:
Oh, bloody 'ell! I can't help but forget to remember something every single time I post, anymore. :cry: And remember: Don't forget to remember not to forget anything else!

Hellwolf_36
Champion of the Light

Post by Hellwolf_36 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:54 pm

AL-T" wrote:I am sure I put it in the smallprint for this tournament that "Hellwolf_36 is not allowed to join" :!:

Just "pulling your wire" my friend :P Welcome to the tournament and I hope you have a lot of fun :)
MEANIE! I will remember this when I kill Dark Ones for their cards. Especially the ones that have gnawed on ALL your bones :twisted:

But thanks :).

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Catacombs, Run #1, Level 1 – The first two drops set the tone of the run. For the first, a Bone warrior dropped this (+85 = 6280):
ThreeOfDiamonds3.jpg
Then a Bone Golem dropped a Three of Hearts (+75 = 6355), another Bone Warrior dropped a Two of Hearts (+15 = 6370) and the level was clear.

Catacombs, Run #1, Level 2 – Jokers (+20 = 6390) were dropped by a Rat Man and a chest, then a Bone Warrior dropped Tal Rasha's Adjudication set amulet. A Two of Clubs (+20 = 6410) from a Knight Who Says Nyee, a Joker (+10 = 6420) from a Venom Klaw, and three Jokers (+30 = 6450) from a pack of rampant Dark Ones. TCsRUs delivered another pack of Dark Ones back to the depths of hell, and their spiritual leader left behind a Joker (+10 = 6460). A Carver Shaman and his pack of lunatic followers looked mighty strange down here in the Catacombs – he was obviously fighting in areas way above his pay grade! He was not too bright, either – on his body TCsRUs found a Skewer of Krintiz, so he had obviously blown what meager salary he had on uniques, and low-grade ones at that. Ah well, die and learn!

An exceptionally affluent pack of Dark Ones delivered a Bonanza drop: a Two of Hearts (+15 = 6475), a Two of Swords (+35 = 6510), and two Jokers (+20 = 6530)! A little while later, TCs picked up a Two of Hearts (+15 = 6545) from a Dark One, then a Two of Diamonds (+25 = 6570) from a Casket, and two more Jokers (+20 = 6590) from another pack of Dark Ones. A group of Poison Spinners left a Two of Clubs (+20 = 6610), another Dark One dropped another Two of Hearts (+15 = 6625), and a Knight dropped an Angelic Sickle set item. Just around the corner, a huge contingent of Burning Dead were waylaid whilst transporting a Leadcrow from level three up to the Inner Cloister to strengthen the defenses. I guess somebody in charge forgot to mention to them that the Inner Cloister defenses had already been... compromised. Finally, a Dark One dropped a Joker (+10 = 6635), and a Two of Clubs (+20 = 6655) was taken off of the corpse of a Tainted.

Catacombs, Run #1, Level 3 – Jokers (+40 = 6695) from a Magog, a Horror, a Sunder, and a chest started us off. An invisible scouting party of Boogey Men dropped a Three of Hearts (+75 = 6770) and a Joker (+10 = 6780), then a crack squad of Horrors (“Black as the Ace of Spades, they were!”) was cracked by the Hordes and forced to relinquish both a Joker (+10 = 6790) and a Three of Clubs (+80 = 6870).

Catacombs, Run #1, Level 4 – As was the case on level three, four Jokers (+40 = 6910) to start off the level: Bone Golem, Magog, Black Rogue, and Dead Rogue. Then a very nice addition from a Casket – a Three of Swords (+95 = 7005) to bust the 7k barrier wiiiiide open!
ThreeOfSwords2.jpg
Boogey Men dropped both a Joker (+10 = 7015) and Iratha's Collar. Then a Joker (+10 = 7025) from a Bone Golem. A room full of Venom Klaws, Bone Golems, and Boogey Men was annihilated by the Hordes, leaving behind a lot of gore, a poster fragment, a Joker (+10 = 7035), a Two of Clubs (+20 = 7055), and a Two of Hearts (+15 = 7070). A Knight dropped a Joker (+10 = 7080), then a named Magog froze the Hordes when he bought the farm, but still dropped a Two of Swords (+35 = 7115). In a wild show of strength for the ladies (what ladies??), TCs ripped open a chest to find a Two of Spades (+30 = 7145), but was then too weak to pick it up, so he had to take a bit of a lie down to recover. :roll: Silly tree-huggers...

A Sunder and a Ghoul both dropped Jokers (+20 = 7165), followed by a Boogey Man dropping Vidala's Snare and a Two of Diamonds (+25 = 7190). Another Two of Diamonds (+25 = 7215) was found courtesy of an Afflicted. The last three drops before Andy's demise were three more Jokers (+30 = 7245) from a Sunder, someone's Bed, and a named Afflicted.

Lastly, Andariel bequeathed unto TCsRUs, upon her timely demise, two Perfect Diamonds and an Amn rune.

This run took a long, long time. Killing everything at p127, exploring every nook and cranny, sorting through all the dross, writing the drops down – very time consuming. Even so, it yielded a lot more Treasure Cards than I thought it would. Very nice haul overall (1000+ points for that run), and a blast besides! Only two runs left before the adventure is over. :-|
TCards10.jpg
+230 overflow Jokers
+20 overflow each of Two of Hearts/Clubs/Diamonds/Spades

Clersius           TCsRUs/Dru              SC         31/33           7245

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 pm

A Carver Shaman and his pack of lunatic followers looked mighty strange down here in the Catacombs – he was obviously fighting in areas way above his pay grade! He was not too bright, either – on his body TCsRUs found a Skewer of Krintiz, so he had obviously blown what meager salary he had on uniques, and low-grade ones at that. Ah well, die and learn!
I think I have an explanation for this...he started working for Fara but his ineptitude got him sacked so he went to work for Lysander who taught him all he knows. Armed with this disinformation knowledge he set up shop on his own but before he could get to year 3 and make a modest profit, along came a Mafia type character wearing a dead wolf's head on his own head surrounded by his bully-boy "wool-uffs" who secured the market for himself by "disposing of the competition".

Nice score in The Catacombs Clersius. +1050 is very nice and will be hard to beat I am sure :D

I am going to finish all my Matrix and Killing Grounds runs in "Pure Grind" before coming back to this and doing my last 3 runs.

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:52 am

Al-T" wrote:
A Carver Shaman and his pack of lunatic followers looked mighty strange down here in the Catacombs – he was obviously fighting in areas way above his pay grade! He was not too bright, either – on his body TCsRUs found a Skewer of Krintiz, so he had obviously blown what meager salary he had on uniques, and low-grade ones at that. Ah well, die and learn!
I think I have an explanation for this...he started working for Fara but his ineptitude got him sacked so he went to work for Lysander who taught him all he knows. Armed with this disinformation knowledge he set up shop on his own but before he could get to year 3 and make a modest profit, along came a Mafia type character wearing a dead wolf's head on his own head surrounded by his bully-boy "wool-uffs" who secured the market for himself by "disposing of the competition".
:rotf: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :rotf:
:mrgreenlaughing: :rotf: :mrgreenlaughing:
Hahahahahahaha! That was awesome. Thanks for the pep talk story. Your writing is loosening up, too... it's getting better and better! :cool: [While mine is inexorably reverting to the "Pure Smilies Route to Better Communication!"]

ps - I was wondering what that "s" button did... thanks for showing me! That is a necessary tool in the dry-wit repertoire.
Nice score in The Catacombs Clersius.
Thanks! I'm eager to be done with it, actually... This tourney has been a hoot and a half, but I think the perfect length would have been right up to where you last stopped, or had the last run as just Cata 4. The second run of the entire Catacombs was quite a slog. Plus, I am chomping at the bit to play a melee character in "Evolution." Blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine. "Oh do shut up, Portia!"
I am going to finish all my Matrix and Killing Grounds runs in "Pure Grind" before coming back to this and doing my last 3 runs.
Sounds good... I wish you luck in getting boatloads of goodies!

--------

[EDIT] Update time.
Catacombs, Run #2, Level 2 – Five Jokers (+50 = 7295) in a row from Boogey Men, Hungry Dead, Boogey Men again, Dark Ones, and a Dark Shaman. A group of Bone Warriors dropped a Two of Talons (+50 = 7345) and a Joker (+10 = 7355), a chest popped out a Two of Clubs (+20 = 7375), and a group of Boogey Men dropped both a Two of Spades (+30 = 7405) and a Three of Spades (+90 = 7495).

Catacombs, Run #2, Level 1 – A Two of Hearts (+15 = 7510) from a Dark One, then a Joker (+10 = 7520) from a different Dark One in a different room. A Knight gave up a Two of Clubs (+20 = 7540), a Bone Warrior dropped a Joker (+10 = 7550), and a Two of Hearts (+15 = 7565) was looted from the corpse of a Boogey Man. I'll bet you are wondering how one loots an invisible corpse, aren't you? Well, they aren't invisible once they are dead, now are they? :P A Joker (+10 = 7575) from a Dark One, then a Two of Swords (+35 = 7610) from another Dark One and a Joker (+10 = 7620) from a Zombie. Finally, a double-pack of Dark Ones gave up a double drop: A Two of Spades (+30 = 7650) and a Joker (+10 = 7660).

Catacombs, Run #2, Level 3 – Three Jokers (+30 = 7690) in a row to start off: a Chest, a Horror (oh, the horror! humanity!), and another Horror. A third Horror dropped a Two of Clubs (+20 = 7710), then a group of Magogs dropped a Two of Clubs (+20 = 7730) and a Two of Hearts (+15 = 7745). A Boogey Man donated his Three of Spades (+90 = 7835) to the “TCsRUs for Champion” fund, then a Ghoul and a Sunder both dropped Jokers (+20 = 7855) to finish off the level.

Catacombs, Run #2, Level 4 – The cards were falling like snow in the Andes throughout this level. TCs strung them together with hemp cord and started using them as necklaces, waistlaces, and bandoliers before it was all over.

The entrance room was filled with Magogs, Venom Klaws, Boogey Men, and Ghouls, so the Hordes were loosed and allowed to romp and play for a little while. When the blood mist finally settled from the air, this was the result:
CatIVEntrance.jpg
A Joker (+10 = 7865), a Three of Hearts (+75 = 7940), and a Four of Spades (+180 = 8120) is not bad payment for watching Wooluffs party down! Two rooms later, a Ghoul pack, some Sunders, and who knows what else dropped a Two of Hearts (+15 = 8135) and three Two of Clubs (+60 = 8195) cards.
ManyCards.jpg
A Joker (+10 = 8205) dropped from a Casket, a Two of Spades (+30 = 8235) from a Chest, a Two of Talons (+50 = 8285) from a Sunder, another Two of Spades (+30 = 8315) from a Bone Golem, then another Joker (+10 = 8325) from another Casket. A Ghoul dropped a Three of Spades (+90 = 8415), a Joker (+10 = 8425) was found in a rotting Chest, and an Afflicted let loose a lightning-scorched Two of Diamonds (+25 = 8450). Three Jokers (+30 = 8480) from a Knight, a Sunder, and a Bone Golem, then TCs found a Two of Swords (+35 = 8515) at the bottom of a Chest. A Joker (+10 = 8525) from an Afflicted, two Two of Diamonds (+50 = 8575) from a Boogey Man and a Ghoul, three more Jokers (+30 = 8605) from a Boogey Man, a Knight, and a hospital-corners Bed. A Two of Hearts (+15 = 8620) dropped from a slightly mangy-looking Bone Golem. One of his “buddies,” not to be outdone, coughed up a Three of Hearts (+75 = 8695). A Two of Swords (+35 = 8730) from a named Afflicted. Finally and at last, a pack of Boogey Men dropped both a Joker (+10 = 8740) and a Three of Spades (+90 = 8830). That is a ridiculous number of cards for one level, even a level as big as Cat IV!
TCards11.jpg
+260 overflow Jokers
+30 overflow each of Two of Hearts and Two of Clubs
+20 overflow each of Two of Diamonds and Two of Spades

On a different note, it was a pleasant day, not so humid. Had a nice bike ride. Now it's time to go have some popcorn and watch a few TV episodes on DVD. *veg* I figure it's safe to take a break while Al is sleeping. :mrgreen:

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:40 am

'm eager to be done with it, actually... This tourney has been a hoot and a half, but I think the perfect length would have been right up to where you last stopped, or had the last run as just Cata 4.
Going by your comments (no I am not offended by them, I welcome comments like this) that both runs you have done have been long hard slogs you could be right here. It just goes to show how difficult it is to get the right balance in a Mini-Tournament never mind a Major. The good thing is I will learn from this and keep it in mind for any future Minis I may make.
TCs strung them together with hemp cord and started using them as necklaces, waistlaces, and bandoliers before it was all over.
Is this really the image you want portray for Mafia boss TCsRUs :?:

Did you forget to remember to disremember something again?...

Clersius           TCsRUs/Dru              SC         32/33           8830
On a different note, it was a pleasant day, not so humid. Had a nice bike ride. Now it's time to go have some popcorn and watch a few TV episodes on DVD. *veg* I figure it's safe to take a break while Al is sleeping.
Glad to hear you managed to *veg out* and had a nice day.

I managed to get the day off work today so in a slight change of plans, I will probably do 1 or 2 more M&KG runs in "Pure Grind" and my 1st Catacombs run here.
Last edited by Al-T on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:17 pm

I managed to be able to find enough time to play during this week. I will begin posting my score when I get my barbarian to level 25. Yes a barbarian, which is actually easier than I thought it would be...

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:17 pm

:cool: Welcome to the tournament XiresNar and I wish you good luck in your TC drops and hope you have a lot of fun :)

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Al-T" wrote:
TCs strung them together with hemp cord and started using them as necklaces, waistlaces, and bandoliers before it was all over.
Is this really the image you want portray for Mafia boss TCsRUs :?:
One of the more effective ways to start rumours about how insane you are is to do things that your enemies don't expect and, more importantly, don't understand! In training for my Junior Mentaldom badge, I figured inexplicable war decorations might be a good starting point. :P Hopefully his Mafia-bossmanship image will only be enhanced by these exploits.
Did you forget to remember to disremember something again?...
Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me! Most of the time, I at least stop disremembering in time to edit in the corrections. :roll: Senility is not creeping up on me... it has devoured me whole and I am sitting here in the dark, in the pit of its stomach, slowly being digested into Forgotten Soup. Thanks for adding in the table, Al. :)
I managed to get the day off work today so in a slight change of plans, I will probably do 1 or 2 more M&KG runs in "Pure Grind" and my 1st Catacombs run here.
Outstanding news! Always nice to have a day off to do the things you enjoy most.
XiresNar" wrote:I managed to be able to find enough time to play during this week. I will begin posting my score when I get my barbarian to level 25. Yes a barbarian, which is actually easier than I thought it would be...
Sweet! Good luck, Xires. As always, I am most eager to hear how a melee character fares whilst attempting high players X settings. Regale us with your tales, sir!

Al-T
Forum Legend
Power

Post by Al-T » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:02 pm

Clersius, you were so right when you said this was a slog :!: I did another Matrix & Killing Grounds run in "Pure Grind" before doing this but it took me so long for my first run in The Catacombs here that I won't be able to do a second M&KG run in "Grind".

Catacombs Run 1: On my way to the Outer Cloister, not picking up anything, I hit level 85. At The Monastery Gate first up are Championed Returned Archers and Champion Disfigured...easy meat. Next up "Ghost (Eth)" and his minions Magogs as well as a few Black Rogues. They all go down surprisingly easily. Myrada hits 66. The Outer Cloister...Devilkins and their Shaman as well as Rock Golems, Burning Dead and Monoliths. I hit level 86 and Myrada hits 67. I hit level 87 and Myrda hits 68. Experience here is really sweet even without an XP Shrine. I hit level 88 and Myrada hits 69. I hit level 89 and Myrada hits level 70. Entrance to Jail level 2 found but I have still to find and retrieve the Malus. We find the Smith and what a wuss he is. He goes down in 2 hits to "Wool-uff" power :D. The Barracks is cleared and the Malus is returned to Charsi. We enter the Jail Level 1. To cut a long story short, we clear the level, secure the waypoint and advance to level 2 at which point, GimmeTCs is level 90 and Myrada 71. We enter Jail Level 2. We clear this level and advance to level 3. GimmeTcs is 91 and Myrada 72. I had my first death in the Jail level 1. Stupidly I stood too close to a Bone Golem and he killed me 1 hit. Continuing in Jail level 3. We clear the level and advance to The Inner Cloister. GimmeTCs is 94 and Myrada is 73. Area cleared, waypoint secured, GimmeTCs level 96 & Myrada 75. We enter The Cathedral. Cathedral clear, GimmeTCs is 98 and Myrada 77. We enter...

Catacombs Level 1: I can pick up stuff again :). A 2 of Spades from a Dark One (+30, score 4735). A 2 of Spades from a Casket (+30, score 4755). A 2 of Talons from a Dark One (+50, score 4805). Very early on I realise Clersius was right. This is going to be a very long hard slog. Maybe even more time consuming than Matrix & Killing Grounds runs in "Pure Grind". So I decide only to pick up TCs for my last 3 runs. A 2 of Clubs from a chest (+20, score 4825). A 2 of Diamonds from a Boogey man (+25, score 4850). A Joker from a Dark One (+10, score 4860). A Joker from a Boogey Man (+10, score 4870). A Joker from a Zombie (+10, score 4880). A Joker from a Rat Man (+10, score 4890). Level 1 clear?...I think so.

Catacombs Level 2: I tp back to town to discover I have messed up in what I thought I had picked up somewhere along the line so I have to check what is in my collection pages and adjust the spreadsheet columns accordingly. I have 166 Jokers (1660), 13 x 2 of Hearts (195), 17 x 2 of Clubs (340), 22 x 2 of Diamonds (550), 23 x 2 of Spades (690), 1 x 2 of Swords (35), 2 x 2 of Stars (80), 7 x 2 of Talons (350), 2 x 3 of Hearts (150), 1 x 3 of Clubs (80), 1 x 3 of Spades (90), 1 x 4 of Spades (180) and 1 x 6 of Diamonds (500) giving a current total of 4900. :oops: Sorry about that folks.

Carrying on...A Joker from a Dark Shaman (+10, score 4910). A Joker from a Dark One (+10, score 4920). A 2 of Clubs from a Shaman (+20, score 4940). Catacombs Level 2 waypoint secured. A Joker from a Bone Golem (+10, score 4950). A 2 of Diamonds froma Shaman (+25, score 4975). 2 Jokers from Dark Ones (+20, score 4995). A 2 of Diamonds from a Shaman (+25, score 5020). 5k Barrier broken :). Level 2 clear?...probably.

Catacombs Level 3: A Joker from a Zombie (+10, score 5030). A 3 of Diamonds from a Zombie (+85, score 5115). A Joker from a Zombie (+10, score 5125). A 3 of Spades from a Venom Claw (+90, score 5215). A Joker from a chest (+10, score 5225). A Joker from a Magog (+10, score 5235). A Joker (+10, score 5245) and then a 3 of Spades (+90, score 5335) from Boogey Men. A Joker from a chest (+10, score 5345). Level 3 clear?...I certainly hope so. Took me long enough.

Catacombs Level 4: A Joker from a Boogey Man (+10, score 5355). A 2 of Stars from Coldcrow (+40, score 5395). A Joker from a Dead Rogue (+10, score 5405). A Joker from a Carver (+10, score 5415). A 2 of Diamonds from a Bone Golem (+25, score 5440). A Joker from a Zombie (+10, score 5450). A Joker from a Sunder (+10, score 5460). A Joker from a Zombie (+10, score 5470). A 2 of Clubs from a Sunder (+20, score 5490). A Joker from a Magog (+10, score 5500). A 2 of Diamonds from a chest (+25, score 5525). A Joker from an Afflicted (+10, score 5535). Finally we get to Andariel and kill her Andy dead. We clear the rest of the room and a last Joker drops from a Zombie (+10, score 5545). At the end of the run GimmeTCs is level 107 and Myrada is level 84.

Jokers Page 1 is full.

Jokers Page 2 after Catacombs Run 1

Twos Page 1 after Catacombs Run 1

Threes Page 1 after Catacombs Run 1

Fours Page 1 after Catacombs Run 1

Fives and Over after Catacombs Run 1

Clersius           TCsRUs/Dru              SC         32/33           8830
Al-T               GimmeTCs/Dru            SC         31/33           5545
Conclusion: Extremely happy with those drops and the addition to my score (1030 compared to Clersius' first run of 1050) but Clersius is right, it is a long hard "Grind" doing all 4 levels at P127. My next run here will have to wait until the weekend because it takes so long. Still having a blast :!: :D

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by Lady Isabelle » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:18 am

GAH! It seems I did more farming than leveling than I should of.... and by the time I was actually ready to start leveling school work came up :/ Just 4 more levels and I can actually begin >_<

As for my progress im only level 21 so when I get the chance to play again (hopefully soon) I should have a decent starting point...

Clersius
Champion of the Light

Post by Clersius » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:37 am

XiresNar" wrote:GAH! It seems I did more farming than leveling than I should of.... and by the time I was actually ready to start leveling school work came up :/ Just 4 more levels and I can actually begin >_<
Farming is guuuuuuuud! It builds character, I swear it does... Study hard, and we'll leave the light on.
As for my progress im only level 21 so when I get the chance to play again (hopefully soon) I should have a decent starting point...
Aye, an excellent starting point. Good luck to you when you pick it back up! :)
Al-T" wrote:Conclusion: Extremely happy with those drops and the addition to my score (1030 compared to Clersius' first run of 1050)...
A very nice score, indeed! I wonder what that equates to in points per hour... :lol:

One of these days I'm going to post the results from my last run. Really. I mean it! :roll:

JrEye
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by JrEye » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:30 pm

You have as much of a chance of posting your last run as I have of posting a scoring run :P
Zy-El Wiki | Facebook |
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Return to “Zy-El: Trial by Fire”