ZERB, the ZyEl Runeword Browser

Information and updates for the Zy-El mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: d2vern, Kato

Malakat

Re: ZERB, the ZyEl Runeword Browser

Post by Malakat » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:15 pm

I was able to replicate the problem by adding certain characters to the directory name. ZERB won't run with Japanese characters in the directory path. This could be specific to my installation and language (also tried åäöüõé and various punctuation; worked fine). So if anyone else runs in to this problem, try removing any odd characters while I see if I can find a workaround.

czg
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by czg » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:42 pm

So I just made "The Lovers" and want to add it to my copy of Zerb so I'll know not to bother in the future :(

I can see that runeword_stats.rb contains the stats and I'm quite happy to edit it but rather than spend a couple of hours trying to work out how the mapping works I thought I'd ask here instead.

The Lovers (hex charm):
15% faster cast rate
Replenish Life +5
All Resistances +45
Attacker takes damage of 24
+1 Light Radius
Chris

Malakat

Post by Malakat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:20 am

Hi czg.

Thanks for bringing that up. It's a feature I've been wanting to add for quite a while, but I just haven't touched the thing in ages. :lol:

The stats are not made to be edited by hand, but it is possible. If you look in the file attributes.rb, you'll find a long list named STATS. This is the index that runeword_stats.rb uses in :stats => ... . You'll have to count the lines yourself, though. Just remember that it starts counting at 0! So, for example, 'faster cast rate' is 11.

Your The Lovers would look like this:

Code: Select all

:the_lovers => {
        :created => 1,
        :created_in => "ch",
        :stats => {
          11 => [{}, "15%"],
          54 => [{}, "5"],
          75 => [{}, "45"],
          83 => [{}, "24"],
          80 => [{}, "1"],
          :d => nil
        }
      },
Just paste that in between any two existing runewords.

Actually, I think I'm gonna start working on this again. It's hardly finished.

Return to “Zy-El: Trial by Fire”