D2:VOV version 1.60 now available

Information and updates for the Visions of Valor mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.
AngstMerchant
Paladin

D2:VOV version 1.60 now available

Post by AngstMerchant » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:50 am

Diablo II: Visions of Valor version 1.60 is finally completed and ready for download. In addition to some of the alterations featured before, this version has even more new monsters and also has some new graphics for quest completions, such as Izual's death, the destruction of the Compelling Orb and others. There were fatal errors occuring in Act 2 but those have been discovered, isolated and fixed.

Good news for Macintosh users: the next step for this mod is going to be compression into an .mpq file. There may be some new features on the D2:VOV website also. I'm kicking around the idea of a page cataloguing the new monsters with animated gifs, expanding the screenshots portion and maybe even offering plug-ins for other mod makers. But, we will see. . .

Have fun! :)

Oh! and as always, I strongly encourage feedback here or via e-mail!!!!
Last edited by AngstMerchant on Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
You should be having Visions. . .

Visions of Valor skin for Diablo II: Lord of Destruction v. 1.10 coming soon.

Raven-K

Re: D2:VOV version 1.60 now available

Post by Raven-K » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:50 pm

Cool this is great news, I'm downloading this new release now :D I took a pally through A5 with VV 1.51 and throughly enjoyed it. I'm going to create a new sorc and take her through the game using VV 1.60 I'll make sure I post feedback here for you.

Congrats on a job well done and keep up the good work.

Warmest Regards

Raven.

AngstMerchant
Paladin

Post by AngstMerchant » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:54 pm

Excellent! I really think you will enjoy some of the changes that you will find in D2:VOV v.1.60. Pay special attention to quest animations like Izuals death and things like that. And of course, keep the feedback coming! :)

Raven-K

Post by Raven-K » Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:30 am

Ok some feedback, I've managed to complete most of A1 with my SP char and took an B/Net char through its paces for parts of A2.

First of, congrats on doing such a great job. The graphics are smooth, well integrated and just downright cool :-). They really give a whole new feel to the game and make it so much more enjoyable to play.

I loved the way you changed the monster graphics and sound effects in the game, they all work great. The Lightning Skills are fantasic :-). In fact the only problem I have with this mod, is that it makes skills like Holy Fire look so cool I want to be able to use them all the time, however H.Fire isn't actually a viable skill to use :-) in D2-LOD.

I guess what I'm saying, is please please please, make a mod that uses the wonderful features VOV has, along with different monsters and improved skills. (note this isn't a compliant *GRINS* what I'm saying is I really like your work and hope you'll do some more).

Thanks for all the hard work you have done in VOV its a really great mod and I'm enjoying it alot.

Raven

Holy Light

Post by Holy Light » Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:03 pm

Er ... can I have a list of features of the VOV mod ? The screenshots look cool, but what can I expect from it ? Is there expanded stash, new weapons and stuff ?

Also, the link to the download site seems broken.

Thanks for your help.

AngstMerchant
Paladin

Post by AngstMerchant » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:52 pm

Holy Light, I think you may be misunderstanding the purpose of this mod. The only thing it does is alter the graphics. There is no expanded stash or other features. However, there is a project in the planning stage that will incorporate some of the features you mentioned. I'm just waiting for the 1.10 patch to come out.

The 1.10 patch issue is the main reason why Visions of Valor only affects the graphics. I'm waiting to make other changes after the new patch comes out. That way I won't have to worry about making changes again soon and will hopefully not have to face some of the crappy shortcomings of the 1.09d patch.

AngstMerchant
Paladin

Post by AngstMerchant » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:03 am

Thanks for the heads-up on my link. It has been fixed and should be working correctly now.

Return to “Visions of Valor”