a few questions

Information and updates for the Visions of Valor mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.
franksjc00

a few questions

Post by franksjc00 » Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:59 am

what is new with this mod. i am new to this mod concept and have been reading alot on the web about it. i visited the sight and it didn't say to much about it. i was wondering if anybody has any info for me.

erik

kyrasantae

Re: a few questions

Post by kyrasantae » Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:33 pm

I believe that this mod only changes some graphics, no gameplay stuff.

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Thu May 01, 2003 2:51 am

The Features section of the site says it all, even if not in the greatest detail possible:
Visions of Valor gives you the option of a fresh look without altering gameplay. Visions of Valor offers:

New skill animations for most skills.

New monster animations that recreate the monster theme
without affecting gameplay.

New damage indicators for non-physical damage.

New animations for quest completions.
So, basically a mod that alters the visuals, no gameplay changes.

the daeth of rats

Post by the daeth of rats » Sat May 31, 2003 7:42 pm

because this is a 3rd party program, can you get your account deleted for using it and does blizzard know if you use it?
SQUEAK

AngstMerchant
Paladin

Post by AngstMerchant » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:36 pm

My answer would be no, Blizzard cannot detect this mod. It is conceivable that Blizzard could put measures in place to detect this kind of thing but it is highly unlikely. They would have to do a client-side check of the graphics loaded into RAM for each area and, considering the enormous amount of Diablo 2 players on Battle.net, that would require a huge amount of bandwidth consumption overhead on an already heavily-taxed Battle.net system. Since they can't even afford the bandwidth consumption to detect high-priority modifications like Map-Hack or PindleBot, I would say you are as safe as a kitten using Visions of Valor with any mode of gameplay.
Last edited by AngstMerchant on Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You should be having Visions. . .

Visions of Valor skin for Diablo II: Lord of Destruction v. 1.10 coming soon.

Return to “Visions of Valor”