DoomsDay Mod 1.1

The mod developer has closed this project and moved on to Blackened.
rav3n
Paladin

Re: DoomsDay Mod 1.1

Post by rav3n » Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:26 pm

Morgaelin" wrote:I know about qual- kehk (or something like this), but i meant specific monsters dropping runes for a word.

P.S.: katos documentation at zy- el is one of the best i´ve ever seen
for monsters i haven't tought of something like this. but maybe...

and yes, kato did a great job on his documentation. i'll try to do something with similar quality... :)
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)
Currently working on the Blackned MOD

DDDiablo
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by DDDiablo » Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:55 am

About the unique item from den of evil thing.

You can make it good if you make it a quest item. That way you can have more than one and you can't sell. Search around general modding fourm for some info on how to do that.

dafox

Post by dafox » Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:14 pm

:) :) :) yup im a beta tester to :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:57 pm

great news!

it seems DoomsDay is going to be hosted @ planetdiablo! :):):)

i'm very excited about this and as soon as i get my host up i'll make a really huge update on the website including some design changes... also i'll write CGI, CSS and SSI scripts to make everything run smoothier and easier to update.

until then i'm doing some programming on the mod itself! thx a lot everybody!

cya.
Last edited by rav3n on Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:02 pm

That's good news indeed rav3n!

Keep us posted on the hosting status and, in the meantime, have a great time working on the mod :)

Morgaelin
Paladin

Post by Morgaelin » Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:39 pm

Congratulations, rav3n! That´s good news. Hope the mod will be released as promised at the beginning of february. Did you think about the runeword drop?
Last edited by Morgaelin on Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:55 pm

Morgaelin" wrote:Congratulations, rav3n! That´s good news. Hope the mod will be released as promised at the beginning of february. Did you think about the runeword drop?
yea... i believe i'll be able to release the mod in the beggning of february, but this is not 100% confirmed... it depends mostly on how the beta test goes

about the runeword drop
ok, maybe :)
but i still need to think about where/who drops the runes, what are the runes, and so on.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Morgaelin
Paladin

Post by Morgaelin » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:29 am

You know that is not a must be. It is your choice, it is your mod. Just sit back, don´t hurry and your mod will be good. Don´t has to be beginning of february.

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:44 pm

ok guys just to keep you informed...

since the host @ PD is not up yet i've been working solely on the MOD.
i've done great advancement the last few days, and I would like Alkalund to add these changes to the first page of the thread:

---------------------------------------
TEMPORARY MOD URL: http://www.doomsdaymod.hpg.com.br
SOON HOSTED @ PlanetDiablo

- Lots of new Prefixes and Affixes
- Max Level is now 250 instead of 99
- Max Skill Level is now 30 instead of 20
- HP/Lvl and Mana/Lvl cut in half
- All vendors now have maximum buy price at 50k Normal, 100k Nightmare and 150k Hell, but they only buy at 25% taxes instead of 50%.
- All Potions are now 2x more expensive than they were before
- Introduced lots of new items such as Candles and Mage Flasks that are used in some Craft Recipes or can be sold for decent amounts of Gold.
- Gamble is now more expensive
- Use of .dll Edit to fix some D2 Bugs
------------------------------------------------

Target Release Date: 3rd Week of February (yes, a 1 week delay due to some unexpected problems with Level Editing... :( sorry guys)

also... i've been working on Item Drops
the Cathedral Boss now drops "Mist", SHAEL+ETH+THUL, a powerful new Runeword used in armors with high-lvl Cyclone Armor charges and other cool modifiers....

that''s it for now cya guys going to finish those runewords...
Last edited by rav3n on Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:10 pm

The changes were added. I see you got the vendor prices working it seems, good stuff ;)

Razor

Post by Razor » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:34 am

this mod looks likes its gunna be good :) class speciefed clubs for druids, low level set drops in act1, but yet....wouldn't people just do runs of tristram for some sets\low level uniques? or is the champ drops there reduced?
You Shall Not Pass Me! - Morgan[Hell Commander]

Return Of Old:Banished Souls

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:53 am

Razor" wrote:this mod looks likes its gunna be good :) class speciefed clubs for druids, low level set drops in act1, but yet....wouldn't people just do runs of tristram for some sets\low level uniques? or is the champ drops there reduced?
no, first because rakanishu usually drops crap and he's a COMPLETE pain in the ass to kill (light enchanted + lots of mods, and btw he's a dark one instead of a simple carver right now), and u'll need to kill him and his minions to reach the portal

then, there is griswold. hey, we know griswold. he has more hp then all sand leapers in the game togheter, multiplied by 2439. not to mention the new nasty enemies @ tristan (no more silly skeletons, carver shamans and goats...)

if you're low lvl u won't be able to really take advantage of a tristan run
and if you're high lvl u'd rather progress through the game. u can get very cool items killing gris but they are not so cool after u're lvl 30-35 (act 3/4)

no rushs are viable right now. and the only bosses next to waypoints are extremely strong and hard to kill...
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:29 am

rav3n" wrote:no rushs are viable right now. and the only bosses next to waypoints are extremely strong and hard to kill...
Ahh, that's good to hear. I remember Flamespike the Crawler before they removed it from the Inner Cloister Waypoint, that was always an interesting fight :)

Will you be doing any modifications to griswold, besides his huge amount of hitpoints? Perhaps if he were a bit faster things could be more interesting :twisted:

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:37 am

Alkalund" wrote:
rav3n" wrote:no rushs are viable right now. and the only bosses next to waypoints are extremely strong and hard to kill...
Ahh, that's good to hear. I remember Flamespike the Crawler before they removed it from the Inner Cloister Waypoint, that was always an interesting fight :)

Will you be doing any modifications to griswold, besides his huge amount of hitpoints? Perhaps if he were a bit faster things could be more interesting :twisted:
maybe i'll add 1 or 2 new skills via .dll... i've been reading alot about dll editing and i learned a lot...

i've not started editing superunique's skills by now... but
prolly gris'll have bash and stun... i don't want him to be fast... i find cool his "dumb and slow but resistant like a freakin' gorilla" style... lol
also it would be rather strange to see griswold casting spells like fireball or nova...

he'll have spectral hit too (oh but this don't need .dll edit ;))
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:07 pm

ok just to keep you guys informed

today i finished editing/placing all ACT 2 monsters which is a big step in the mod progress.

yesterday i worked the whole day on runewords and i've done 40% of the total runewords (something around ~20/50 runewords), some of them are really good and surely will be used a lot, like Mist (shael + thul + eth) Armors and Pride (nef + el + ith) Hammers and Enigma (dol + tir) Wands

also i made cool changes in act 1, den of evil is now conected to cold plains caves lvl 2 and has a completly new look...

also there are TONS of new stuff to the website, such as new set/unique item info, skill information, updated faq, a progress page...

in addition, i've written lots of scripts in CGI, SSI and CSS to help me on the website, as soon as PK/PD set my host up u'll guy wil be able to see the new info and the new layout changes...

that's it guys, if you have any questions, ask it and i'll answer asap :)
cya...
Last edited by rav3n on Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:16 pm

WOW!!!! great news...

i just received my email from PlanetDiablo!
what a coencidence...

ok guys! soon the page is up...
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:21 am

Wohoo! Congrats bud. Another project to join the Hosted Mod ranks, that's always a good thing :D

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:26 pm

ok until i finish setting up the page here's some cool updatesa and info:

Monster Descriptor
in DoomsDay, Monster Descriptors, aka the small text under the Monster's life bar will be extremly important. 90% of the monsters have something as descriptions which can be:

Resitantances: Although no monster has 100% immunity to a single source of damage, some monsters have high resitances (up to 75 in Hell) to some elements. the first example you find in the MOD are the Wight, a new undead monster who have a 50% Poison Resistance. under his life bar you can see "poison resistant".

Elemental Damage: This works the same way as resistances. Some monsters do elemental damage instead of normal damage. For example, the new monsters called Harpies who wanders in Dark Wood have "flaming hit" in their Descriptor.

[color=yellow]Miscellaneous Abilties[color=white]: Some monsters have special abilities, such as raising another monsters or laying eggs. Right as you walk off the Rogue Camp u'll see ghostly white creatures called Spirits who have "drain stamina" under their lifebar.

[color=yellow]Player-like Abilities[color=white]: In DoomsDay lots of monsters have Skills that are also used by players. Examples include the Quill Rats who now have "[color=orange]bone caster[color=white]" as Descriptor, which means he can use skills from the Poison And Bone skill tree from the necromancer. The new Desert Samurais encoutered in Act 2 have "[color=orange]berseker [color=red]flaming hit[color=white]" which means they cause Fire damage every time they hit you, and that they can use the Barbarian's Frenzy.

All of these will be very common. The color of Descriptors are like this:
[color=yellow]Yellow[color=white]: Random Uniques Abilities, such as Stone Skin or Extra Stong
[color=orange]Orange[color=white]: Player-like Abilities
White[color=white]: Miscellanious Abilities, such as Drain Mana or Lay Eggs
[color=red]Red[color=white]: Fire Damage or Fire Resistance
[color=#00bfff]Blue[color=white]: Cold Damage or Resistance
Bright White: Lightning Damage or Resistance
[color=lime]Green[color=white]: Poison Damage or Resitance
[color=pink]Pink[color=white]: Magical Damage or Resistance

I hope you guys find it interesting... soon i'll post some screenshots of the Descriptors working :)
Last edited by rav3n on Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Excel Excel

Post by Excel Excel » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:49 am

Only bad thing I see with colored stuff...is what happens when I hit a hell super unique like Bone Ash...he'd have like...400 colored stuff under his name. I pray that won't happen though
"How can I pull the trigger when I see that glint in their cute little eyeballs"

rav3n
Paladin

Post by rav3n » Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:39 am

first of all, there is no more boneash :P
his replacement will be one of the most famous monsters of D1, and no, it's not the butcher or king leoric :P

second
in hell, you won't much difference. basically instead of seeing a "lightning immunity" you'll see "lightning resistance"

the cool thing about this is that stuff other than resistance will also display, even in normal difficulties. but i hardly believe that the descriptors will bother you in any moment of the game. at most, monster have pre-generated descriptors (generally for monsters who have an abilitie + elemental dmg or resistance, or monsters who hit and resist the same element such as the burning dead with fire). so if the monsters spawn with 3 pre-generated descriptors, it will be a 5 total AT MOST... 6 if th monster is either undead or demon.
--rav3n (?) (@) (#)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:26 am

The concept is interesting. This helps seeing what are the properties of a monster at a glance, especially helpful when your fighting extremely fast, deadly creatures and don't have time to read the abilities, since you have to keep running to avoid being killed :)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:33 am

*This topic has been moved from Non-Hosted Mods to DoomsDay*

Return to “DoomsDay”