Mod Review: Master of Arms 1.2

This forum is exclusively for members to give feedback on the Keep's mod reviews as well for posting your own. NOTICE: Forum temporarily closed down for "renovations".

Moderator: Maxx Power

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Mod Review: Master of Arms 1.2

Post by Eisead » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:17 pm

I did a full review of the great Master of Arms 1.2. Or semi great depending on your play style. :roll:

Master of Arms 1.2

Enjoy!

Kraj
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Mod Review: Master of Arms 1.2

Post by Kraj » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:39 am

Hey Eisead! Thanks for the great review. With 1.10 beta out, I'm into serious learning/planning phase for MOA2 and I'd like some opinion feedback on my plan.

One thing I missed while making MOA was the fun aspect of modmaking. MOA was very monotonous and uncreative; I missed the fun of making a general mod. I'd like to take the mod more in that direction but my question is this:

Would it ruin the feel/uniqueness of MOA if upgradeable equipment is not the only play option? What I'd like to do is have different item abilities associated with particular item types, and particular types of items associated with a particular source (ie. some things can only be found by purchase form a vendor, some items only drop from champions, some items only drop from quill rats, etc.) with upgradeable items being one option. What do you think?

BTW, monster and skill edits will be a major part of the new version, and the amount, type and quality of map changes will depend on what I discover I'm able to do with them. Hopefully I'll be able to do some customization in that area.

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:36 pm

I think if you added more item choices would help the mod. But like all things you’ll have to keep it balanced and make no one choice better then everything else. I personally look for uniqueness, item verity, and balance. But most of all: fun. Good luck on MOA: 2.0

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:02 pm

So doesn't anyone have any comments of MoA v1.2?

Eisead> You doing a review on MoA v2.0 too when it's out?
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:44 pm

I do in fact plan on reviewing it again. I enjoyed the first run though, would be happy to do it again.

nazo

Post by nazo » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:39 am

What are forges and how do I use them??
They were runes that were called something like "hunter's forge" or "crusader's forge" and their lettering was green.
They didn't have any description and nothing was mentioned about them in the readme or the short review I read. Just wondering about them because I found that their uselessness is something that could be adressed.
Last edited by nazo on Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:51 pm

Please, make your question here instead. Since you will never get an answer in the mod review forum about a mod related question.

Return to “Mod Reviews”