v6b8/v14a3 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Cypress
Champion of the Light

v6b8/v14a3 Overworked/Modworked 1.13c Txt Files: Bug Fixes, Descriptions and Modding Support

Post by Cypress » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:02 am

DOWNLOAD LINK (Overworked version 6b8; Modworked version 14a3): https://mega.nz/folder/lfAwkLQS#JKm_OAFPyGwPCdDVvzYGSA

Version 5: Fixes various Overworked bugs (mostly display related), fixes string apostrophes, fixes a handful of monsters, adds some more stat descriptions/properties, added unused sounds
Version 6: A few description fixes&additions, hireling death sounds fixed, added new unused sound groups (but they aren't used in-game yet), expanded send bits of 'modifierlist_skill' for easier modding past skill ID=511, added the 'level' stat to properties, made it so all monsters can be spawned, disconnected monster skills from player skills, added descriptions to unique monster skills (like Suck Blood, UnholyBolt, DiabCold), added softcoded kicking and a character-class identifier.
Version 6b: Added a proper display for the Weapon Mastery stats which can show the item type. Re-organized itemtypes.txt. Expanded monprops.txt to allow for the re-organized itemtypes.txt.
Version 6b1 to 6b6: Added unused103 to montypes.txt (6b2) and removed identical entries in montypes.txt (6b3) and fixed a bug in sounds.txt, a crash in montypes.txt, improper capitalization in a few txt files, put skills back into their original slots for version stability (6b4), disabled unused runewords (6b5)
Version 6b7: Adds various display and bug fixes from Modworked versions 9 to 12a1.

Version 7 (Modworked): NOT COMPATIBLE WITH VANILLA SAVES, LESS VANILLA THAN OVERWORKED. Itemtypification of all weapons/armors, more itemtype-specific groupings, resurrection animations for all lUndead monsters, unused content (monster sounds, Azurewrath crystal sword, Plague, Pattern, objgroups, unique/set names), ISC save bit changes, skills can go over level 99 from +skills, most skills set up to work via chance-to-cast, item_elemskills works with all elements while still only using 1 stat, elements are given to all player skills.
Version 8:
Version 9: Animation fixes, two-handed blocking, additional references.
Version 10: Superstates, their crazy states, adjustments to make it all work, additional references
Version 11: Mostly fixes to previous versions, adds a few useful skills for modding
Version 12: Superstates for monsters, bug fixes, display fixes, modding enhancements, 7 socket items, socket limit bypassing, limited compatibility with pre-1.13 versions
Version 13: Big bug fix that changes every weapon and armor type to prevent a cubemain parameter issue, fixes hirelings not having the superstate aura, fixes pseudostat adjustments, adds in hireling equippable itemtypes.
Version 14: Passive Updater no longer uses allskills to update, fixes hireling superstate bugs

This is a set of 1.13c txt files, a derivative of Count.Dracula's 1.13c fixed txt files (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56033). It includes many changes:
(1) Most skill displays are fixed, including: false descriptions, false values, improper value references, incorrect stat descriptions, vague descriptions, lack of description for values that scale with level.
(2) Some incomplete missile graphics were fixed, like Armageddon's fire patch which disappears instead of dying down like other fire patches.
(3) Outright broken, dysfunctional features are removed, like Concentration's uninterruptibility stat which interrupts the player constantly.
(4) Missiles that say they benefit from +% Skill Damage now actually benefit from +% Skill Damage.
(5) Skilldesc.txt now references the most direct source of a value from skills.txt as often as possible; this reduces the chance of desync between description and reality (seen causing problems in vanilla with Feral Rage, Maul, Spirit of Barbs and others).
(6) Advanced skill descriptions were made for Raise Skeletal Mage, displaying its accurate damage values, and for Energy Shield, displaying its exact resistance% and is set up to work for any values put into skills.txt
(7) Contains the Hunger & Rabies Fix (thanks mmpx222: viewtopic.php?t=65798) and various useful tools
(8) A few new systems are added.

The actual changelog is too long to put in this post, so go look into that if you want to know if this set of txt files is worth using. If you only like some of the changes and aren't sure about how to port them over to your own mod, then let me know and I can give better descriptions as to how exactly I made something work.

Also included is a list of what could not be fixed due to the limitations of making a useful fix-based set of txt files. As an example, Blade Fury's damage display does not factor in +dmg% despite applying: this could be fixed by adding str/dexbonus stats to every single weapon in the game, but that would make this set of txt files extremely awkward to work with, and thus was not included.

If any other bugs are known that aren't described, or if you detect any bugs while using this set of txt files, then please let me know!
Last edited by Cypress on Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 41 times in total.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: Overworked 1.13c Txt Files: An Attempt at Fixing Bugs

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:38 pm

Great work mate. I hope other modders will contribute. I havent seen it linked here. But LastCorpse once also started working on sth similar.

Link: https://diablo3.ingame.de/forum/threads ... -Pack-1-13

Its in German though.

Cheers
AlphA

karlock

Post by karlock » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:48 pm

:D I think icons of the Ama's skill, the Multiple Shoot and Starfe is reversed.

eleriaqueen
France

Post by eleriaqueen » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:17 pm

Wow this is incredible work ! Thank you for releasing it 8-O

mengxuecen

Post by mengxuecen » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:20 am

Great work!

Chthon VII

Post by Chthon VII » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:55 pm

Bug Report: Crashing with "line #700" during Nilathak's "first time" death animation.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:00 am

Chthon VII wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:55 pm
Bug Report: Crashing with "line #700" during Nilathak's "first time" death animation.
Thank you for your report! I was able to identify the bug, which was entirely my own fault. The fixed version has been uploaded and a description of the error (and how to fix it if you have already modified the txt files) is included in the version 2 changelog.
karlock wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:48 pm
:D I think icons of the Ama's skill, the Multiple Shoot and Starfe is reversed.
I see what you mean, but at this point people would likely just be confused if the icons were to be swapped. As such, I'd rather not change it.
AlphA - The Real One wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:38 pm
Great work mate. I hope other modders will contribute. I havent seen it linked here. But LastCorpse once also started working on sth similar.

Link: https://diablo3.ingame.de/forum/threads ... -Pack-1-13

Its in German though.

Cheers
AlphA
Thanks, that has some interesting information on monsters that I didn't know. I'll have to compare the 1.09 and 1.10 txt files to see if the weird params were due to restructuring of the txt files, and if so I'll definitely fix them.

Chthon VII

Re: v2 Overworked 1.13c Txt Files: An Attempt at Fixing Bugs

Post by Chthon VII » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:35 am

Wow, thank you for a really quick fix!

I ran LastCorpse's linked post through Google Translate and tried to figure out what was going on:
  • MonStats.txt
    • Brute, Goatman, Vampire, Zombie -- The common issue with these is that the lowest level variant is in the 5th row while some of the stats increase from top to bottom. This leaves the lowest level variant with the strongest stat, while the others are each one tier weaker than they should be.
      • Mostly this happens with AI params, but it also happens with move speed and resists and one of the skill levels on vampires, and it looks like a bunch of other things too.
      • When a monster has variants 6+ further down the file, sometimes the incorrect values from the variant in row 4 are copied forward to the later variants.
      • It looks like someone made a failed attempt at fixing this at some point, by transposing the wrong pair of values in some columns. So some stats need an extra transposition to get them back in order.
    • "Clawviper1-5 - added missing S1 damage values" -- This one I can't figure out. I didn't test whether skill 1 (serpentcharge) is doing 0 damage in game. I think maybe having SrcDamage set to 128 makes it take its damage from the basic attack? Assuming it is doing 0 damage, then I don't know what the right value would be. https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Claw_Viper has it doing the same as attack1.
    • Scarab8 -- minion should be changed from Scarab7 to Scarab8.
    • Unraveler5 -- Change skill from UnHolyBolt to UnHolyBoltEx because there's no server-side level 5 missile for UnHolyBolt. (I didn't verify whether UnHolyBolt fires a different missile based on level.)
  • Runes.txt -- he didn't like the unused runewords, and so deactivated them.
  • "Fixed invalid Circlet upgrade data" -- already fixed in Overworked 1.13
  • Missiles.txt
    • LightningFury -- already fixed in Overworked 1.13
    • Pantherjav5 -- change collision behavior to CollideType 3
    • SuccubusMiss -- copied the magic damage from skills.txt to missiles.txt (then deleted it from skills.txt)
  • SkillDesc.txt -- Strafe -- already fixed in Overworked 1.13
  • Skills.txt
    • Bestow -- copy heal calcs and overlays from ZakarumHeal. (ZakarumHeal also has some params with ? comments. Not sure if those need to be copied too.)
    • Blessed Aim -- already fixed in Overworked 1.13
    • MonBoneArmor -- auraevent1 is missing, copy from player's bone armor?
    • Sanctuary -- already fixed in Overworked 1.13

eleriaqueen
France

Re: v2 Overworked 1.13c Txt Files: An Attempt at Fixing Bugs

Post by eleriaqueen » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:01 pm

Bug report : On a paladin (haven't tested with other classes), when you run out of stamina and "keep running" towards a monster the player character animation sort of freezes as he moves towards the target (this is with Overworked v2). It does not happen when running D2 without -direct-txt

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v4 Overworked 1.13c Txt Files: An Attempt at Fixing Bugs

Post by Cypress » Tue May 04, 2021 10:16 pm

eleriaqueen wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:01 pm
Bug report : On a paladin (haven't tested with other classes), when you run out of stamina and "keep running" towards a monster the player character animation sort of freezes as he moves towards the target (this is with Overworked v2). It does not happen when running D2 without -direct-txt
Thanks for the bug report! After some testing, I've noticed it only occurs if you run out of stamina (or don't have stamina) while running to attack something. After further testing, I also noticed it occurring on vanilla 1.10f and 1.13c, and even any 1.10f+ mod. The bug does not occur on 1.09, which leads me to believe that this has to do with the changes that occurred in 1.10f which broke animation transitions. It would definitely require hardcoding to fix, although I'm not aware of any mods that have managed to fix it. I'll be sure add it to the list of bugs at least.

EDIT:
Updated to version 3. Thanks AlphA, Chthon VII and especially LastCorpse!
Updated to version 4, thanks for the bug reports and feedback! This will likely be the last version of Overworked (unless some unexpected issue or bug appears) since I can't think up anything to add that won't cause compatibility issues with Diablo 2 saves or make this too non-vanilla. Next, I'll be working on a sequel to Overworked that will have crazier softcoded changes.

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Post by Tomkomaster » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:31 pm

Very impressive bugfixes Cypress, Im definitely using this as a base for my mod.

Here are some other missing fixes which you can add to this, or to overworked v2 if youre making it (which I cannot wait :-) )

- Add description to other potions with exact values (health potions, mana potions)
- Add missing descriptions to the other itemstatcosts, which can be used in affixes or other places, and also properties
- Add negative descriptions to itemstatcosts
- Enable the unused monster sounds from mpqs (also there are unused monster sounds for bosses too)
- Add the fixed font plugin (which fixes the 5s looking like a 6)

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:04 pm

Thanks for the ideas Tomkomaster. Unfortunately, most of those are not possible.
(1) Not possible since potions only reference the calc values and ignore spelldesc, which means I can't force a calc that factors in the average recovery based on potion criticals
(2) Missing descriptions/properties is a good idea, and I have added it. No save bits though to maintain Overworked's compatibility with vanilla.
(3) Negative descriptions won't work due to double negatives, since the string will always display the negative sign (e.g. if I have Enhanced Defense/Reduced Defense, they will display as: +#% Enhanced Defense and -#% Reduced Defense)
(4) I added some unused sounds, although they sound weird so I don't think they will be useful. If I'm missing any unused sounds that you think are good, then please let me know!
(5) I prefer the janky 5s, but I included Snake's font changing plugin for anyone who wants it in USEFUL MODDING PLUGINS

I am still working on Overworked's sequel, although it's currently a huge mess and might end up being too confusing/different.

Version 5 is finished. It includes:

•Various fixes to bugs introduced by Overworked (most serious bug was necromage damage referencing the missiles instead of the new skills, which resulted in a desync between damage display and actual)
•Inferno and Arctic Blast have their damage display fixed (I wrongly calculated it as 10/24, when it was 1/2 as has been known for decades); also doubled their damage (this means it will appear as if Inferno and Arctic Blast deal vanilla damage)
•Monster Power Strike is fixed in the same way as the Amazon's, so that they too can apply +AR%
•Fallen Shaman desynced fireballs are fixed
•Blood Raven's buggy Quick Strike is replaced with ravenstrike, which makes it so she can shoot defense-ignoring fire arrows like in pre-1.10f (the bugged vanilla version shoots fire arrows cltside, but normal arrows srvside)
•Desert Turrets and catapult fire spikes used to have the bugged collidetype=1 which only hits players; now they use collidetype=3
•Sounds for hellmeteor
•Sounds/effects for burning (if they're too ugly, let me know and I'll remove them)
•Descriptions & properties for unused stats (but without save bits, those need to be decided on by the modder: the changelog includes recommended minimum settings)
•Added some unused sounds, although I'm not sure if anyone will find them useful (a lot of them will require moving files around too, since the original files are only in Local)
•Deleted the new v4 unique/set name strings and instead directly modified unique/set string names to minimize string usage
•Renamed various unique/set strings, including unused strings, to exclude all apostrophes: this will help minimize unnecessary debuglog errors

Tomkomaster
Slovakia

Re: v5 Overworked 1.13c Txt Files: An Attempt at Fixing Bugs

Post by Tomkomaster » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:40 am

Amazing work Cypress, I will add these changes to my WIP mod. Just a couple of notes:

- in skill.txt, lines 357 and 500, says that its unused357 and unused500, but there are some datas in those lines. Are they safe to remove or are those lines needed for something?

- In vanilla Diablo 2, negative values on Resist to all property are bugged, they show up in game as All Resistances +-X . This can be easily fixed by adding a new string to negative values in itemstatcost.txt on lines 39, 41, 43 and 45 (the lines for the four elemental resistances), and adding the string to a tbl like "All Resistances %d "

- stamdrainmindam and stamdrainmaxdam are bugged? Can they be enabled to use as properties?

- in rareprefix.txt, Warp and Rift are unused, they can be enabled by adding itemtypes which they can spawn on

- the unused sounds that I was spoken of are in d2sfx.mpq file, and are all unused monster sounds, which most of them can be enabled in game by adding them to sounds.txt and monsounds.txt (as far as I remember, you dont need to take them out of the mpq files, just referencing them in the txt-s are enough)

Here are some of them, there are more, didnt finished checking them all out yet:

-Andariel: An unused taunt
-Bat Demon: 1 unused attack, 1 unused shock attack, 1 unused unhide sound
-Bone Fetish: These have sounds for being raised, but they are never used
-Corrupt Rogue: 1 unused death sound
-Diablo: An unused taunt
-Fetish: Wow, where to begin. First, 3 unused attacks. 1 unused death. 2 unused "get hit" sounds. They have "taunts" too, (laughX.wav), but I'm 99.99% positive that these are unused. 4 laugh sounds in total.
-Finger Mage: An unused sound for the homing missiles (but it's completely identical to another one)
-Goatman: These have idle noises that are never used
-Greater Mummy: These have 7 (7!) unused spell sounds, in addition to a Healing sound that has an entry in sounds.txt but is never used
-Leapers: 6 unused attack sounds
-Mosquitoes: 5 unused attacks
-Sand Maggots: 3 unused spit sounds (these may be used though, I need to check)
-Sand Maggot Babies: Unused emerge and burrow sounds
-Sand Maggot Queen: Unused "splat.wav"?
-Skeleton Mages: 3 unused attack sounds
-Tentacle Heads: 4 unused appear sounds
-Thorned Hulks: 4 unused attack sounds
-Willowisp: 1 unused appear sound
-Zombie: 1 unused idle sound, it's only used by Corpsefire

For the boss taunts, I enabled them all, and now when you encounter a boss, a random taunt sound is played if they have more than 1 enabled (I personally like it this way, not hearing always the same lines from bosses)

Conqueror
Argentina

Post by Conqueror » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:12 am

wow, nice work!!

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:54 pm

Great work Cypress!

If you release a patch or for your sequel, monsterwolf1 has a typo in AI, it was Pantherwoman instead of PantherWoman. This stat weapon-att% i can really understand how it works differently from the att%, if you dont mind to explained it a bit.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6 Overworked 1.13c Txt Files: An Attempt at Fixing Bugs

Post by Cypress » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:54 pm

Version 6 is now up. This version might be unstable, although I spent a lot of time testing so hopefully not. Following is a shorthand changelog:

•Fixed monsterwolf1 AI (thanks Erevos!).
•Removed data in unused skill lines (thanks Tomkomaster!).
•Fixed the weapon-% and throw-% properties.
•Itemstatcost.txt description groups 3 and 4 (for +% skill damage and -enemy res%) had no descval; they now do.
•Charge now displays its modifiable speed modifier.
•All Resistance and Max All Resistance will no longer display as +- (thanks Tomkomaster!)
•Various Nova clones do not describe their velocity adder in calc1 and cltcalc1; they now do.
•Howl did not describe its level limit; it now does.
•Howl and Grim Ward display Enemy Run Distance, which doesn't seem to do anything. Enemy Run Distance is no longer displayed.
•The stat modifierlist_skill has its send bits increased to 15, so that all possible skills will display cltside missiles via events.
•item_throwable displays as "throwable" which is confusing since what it really does is make it so bows/crossbows do not consume quivers; now displays as "Ignores Quiver Quantity"; added item_throwable to properties.txt a second time as the property quiver
•Added the stat level to properties: this stat adds to your character level and works shockingly well (the only issue is that it also changes inventory/stash gold limits, which can potentially erase gold)
•Fixed ironwolf, guard and frogdemon sounds which had overly large groups, spilling into the subsequent groups
•Added various unused sound groups (although they are not referenced in monsounds.txt/skills.txt/missiles.txt/etc)
•Set enabled=1, IsSpawn=1 and rarity=1 (if rarity used to be 0) for all monsters, so that any monster can be immediately spawned with levels.txt.
•Moved all non-character skills that are not hardcoded and not used by ctc to skills.txt ID 1023+ (this is why it may be unstable)
•Monsters no longer use character skills; they instead used cloned versions of vanilla character skills (there are a few exceptions, like Hydra which already reduces damage against players).
•Monster skills no longer reference character skills; they instead reference themselves, containing the identical vanilla damage.
•Monster skills no longer use character missiles; they instead use cloned character missiles.
•Added skilldescs to monster skills with hardcoded behaviors, unique missile functions and/or unique skill functions.
•Added a new skill, h-Suck Blood, which is a hybridized form of Suck Blood which can be used by players.
•Softcoded Kicking: Makes use of calculations to emulate the hardcoded kicking damage formula. This allows for it to be modified (you could double the damage gained, or make it so other stats increase the damage, or just re-write the formula entirely). Requires kick=0 to function.
•Character Identifier: Unsummon was cloned 7 times into unama, unass, unbar, undru, unnec, unpal, unsor. By referencing the blvl of the respective un-skill, you can find the character class of a player. This makes it easy to add benefits for specific characters only.
•Unsummon was removed, since it is now split into the seven identifying un-skills. It should behave exactly the same as vanilla (unless you want it to behave differently for each character, which is now also easy to apply).

---
Tomkomaster wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:40 am
Thanks Tomkomaster!

Removed the useless unused line descriptions (I used those for testing things, but I'll make sure to empty them out on release from now on).
Fixed the bugged description, it should no longer display +-.
From my testing, stamdrainmindam and stamdrainmaxdam only work on monsters.
For rareprefix, I'll leave those as is for now. I might add them to an item type in a future version that does not spawn as rare normally (i.e. quivers).
For the sounds, I went through sfx and added most of them. I didn't add them to monsounds.txt or any other txt files, but it should make it more convenient to mod in the unused sounds.
erevos wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:54 pm
Thanks erevos!

The broken AI is now fixed.
The weapon-% and throw-% properties were bugged. I've now fixed them by changing the property func from 1 to 9. You will also need to set Save Param Bits for the respective stats, as otherwise it won't be able to specify an itemtype ID (can't do that myself, since it will cause save incompatibility).

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:37 am

Grateful for your patches Cypress :)

Probably is my noobness by I still cannot understand how an affix like weapon-dmg% work, i mean its spawned on the item as "Weapon Class Damage +XX%" is this what is suppose to be? What makes this different from the dmg% affix? Its useful only for dual weld? And its only work when is spawned on weapons?

On another subject, i dont know if this is a bug or is my fault but i will write it down in case someone finds it useful. Im on 1.10 files, i have copied the level isc from overworked v6 and chars were crashing, problem was the CSVbits number that changed, change it back to previous value solved the issue.

P.S. level affix works great, it also increases (based on character level) class, in documentation says that influences ctc skill levels too or im misread it?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:43 pm

erevos wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:37 am
Probably is my noobness by I still cannot understand how an affix like weapon-dmg% work, i mean its spawned on the item as "Weapon Class Damage +XX%" is this what is suppose to be? What makes this different from the dmg% affix? Its useful only for dual weld? And its only work when is spawned on weapons?
You specify an ID in the parameter settings, which determines which weapon benefits. For example, if you want to make it benefit axes, then set the param to 28 (in itemtypes.txt, axe is in row 30, which is ID 30-2=28). I think the offset might change to -3 on higher IDs (if I remember correctly, the Expansion row does not count as an ID), so you'll want to test your items to make sure.

The stat should work on any item type, although I don't know of a way to display which weapon-type it is applying to, so you'd need to create a display oskill for that. For example, if you have a Helm that gives Weapon Class Damage +100% (to param=28, axes) then you'd want to include an oskill on the helm that shows something like "+1 to Weapon Class: Axe" so that the player will know the helmet benefits axes.

And also, the saved param bits of the stats will need to encompass the IDs of itemtypes.txt. If you have save param bits=8 (up to ID 255) and you try to reference an ID over 255, then it won't work. You would need to increase the save param bits further.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I can set up a mini-mod with some pre-made items utilizing these stats.
erevos wrote:
On another subject, i dont know if this is a bug or is my fault but i will write it down in case someone finds it useful. Im on 1.10 files, i have copied the level isc from overworked v6 and chars were crashing, problem was the CSVbits number that changed, change it back to previous value solved the issue.
The CSVbits should not be changed in Overworked in comparison to vanilla. If they are, then let me know and I'll revert it. But from what I can tell, the CSVbits in Overworked have vanilla settings.

But if you changed CSVbits in your mod, then you will want to keep the same values for your mod. Same with save bits and save param bits. These bits are saved onto your character, so if you change the bits your character will become incompatible with mods that have different bits.
erevos wrote:
P.S. level affix works great, it also increases (based on character level) class, in documentation says that influences ctc skill levels too or im misread it?
By "hit chance-based characters" I was referring to Chance to Hit. It uses the formula:
Chance To Hit = 200% * {AR / (AR + DR)} * {Alvl / (Alvl + Dlvl)}
Where Alvl=Attacker Level and Dlvl=Defender Level. These two variables use stat('level'.accr) aka your soft character level, which means your total level is considered for the calculation. So if you have Character Level +10 and are level 99, then for hit chance/defense chance it will be as if you are level 109.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:08 pm

Cypress wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:43 pm
erevos wrote:
You specify an ID in the parameter settings, which determines which weapon benefits. For example, if you want to make it benefit axes, then set the param to 28 (in itemtypes.txt, axe is in row 30, which is ID 30-2=28). I think the offset might change to -3 on higher IDs (if I remember correctly, the Expansion row does not count as an ID), so you'll want to test your items to make sure.

The stat should work on any item type, although I don't know of a way to display which weapon-type it is applying to, so you'd need to create a display oskill for that. For example, if you have a Helm that gives Weapon Class Damage +100% (to param=28, axes) then you'd want to include an oskill on the helm that shows something like "+1 to Weapon Class: Axe" so that the player will know the helmet benefits axes.

And also, the saved param bits of the stats will need to encompass the IDs of itemtypes.txt. If you have save param bits=8 (up to ID 255) and you try to reference an ID over 255, then it won't work. You would need to increase the save param bits further.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I can set up a mini-mod with some pre-made items utilizing these stats.
erevos wrote:
The CSVbits should not be changed in Overworked in comparison to vanilla. If they are, then let me know and I'll revert it. But from what I can tell, the CSVbits in Overworked have vanilla settings.

But if you changed CSVbits in your mod, then you will want to keep the same values for your mod. Same with save bits and save param bits. These bits are saved onto your character, so if you change the bits your character will become incompatible with mods that have different bits.
erevos wrote:
By "hit chance-based characters" I was referring to Chance to Hit. It uses the formula:
Chance To Hit = 200% * {AR / (AR + DR)} * {Alvl / (Alvl + Dlvl)}
Where Alvl=Attacker Level and Dlvl=Defender Level. These two variables use stat('level'.accr) aka your soft character level, which means your total level is considered for the calculation. So if you have Character Level +10 and are level 99, then for hit chance/defense chance it will be as if you are level 109.
Ok ok i got it, i thought the item type would be displayed and that confused me. I dont understand the part of the oskill in terms of displaying the item type. If you dont mind to give an example :) I would happily use this stats in armors.

Ah... forgive me, i misunderstand about the hit chance :) level stat is great addition as it is.

Another question, the quiver property needs to be set up like rip, knockback etc? With 1-1 on min/max value?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: v6b Overworked 1.13c Txt Files: An Attempt at Fixing Bugs

Post by Cypress » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:23 pm

erevos wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:08 pm
Ok ok i got it, i thought the item type would be displayed and that confused me. I dont understand the part of the oskill in terms of displaying the item type. If you dont mind to give an example :) I would happily use this stats in armors.

Ah... forgive me, i misunderstand about the hit chance :) level stat is great addition as it is.

Another question, the quiver property needs to be set up like rip, knockback etc? With 1-1 on min/max value?
You can forget what I said about oskills, that was a poor solution that I came up with too hastily. In Overworked 6b, the stats will now display the weapon type by using montypes.txt, which contains IDs corresponding to itemtypes.txt. Also note that I deleted the Expansion row, meaning the offset for itemtypes.txt will always be -2, you should do the same for your itemtypes.txt (if you use my montypes.txt and not my itemtypes.txt, then montypes.txt will be offset by -2 and itemtypes.txt by -2 or -3, creating a desync for post-Expansion IDs).

ALSO, you should expand monprops.txt to 1023 rows so that montypes.txt can have 1023 rows.

For quiver, that is correct, it is a boolean. A value of 1 on bows/crossbows/quiver-consuming weapons will make it so a quiver's quantity is not modified.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:16 am

Ok im gonna check the new files.

Are there any differences in 6b vs 6b2? documentation does not says so.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:24 pm

6b2 adds an additional line to itemtypes.txt so that the unused### match the txt file ID. Mostly an aesthetic change. I would remove 6b, but for some reason it doesn't appear in my Mega drive unless I'm logged out.

EDIT: That should be montypes.txt, not itemtypes.txt
Last edited by Cypress on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:37 pm

Ok i've setup everything exactly as you guiding in the documentation but there are two issues.

1. weapon type displays as an evil force: +XXX% to Damage with: An evil force
2. the stat weapon-dmg% that i tested on a torso it does adds the dmg % but it adding it regardless the weapon im using

I have checked with axes, Axes is my 30 row on both itemtypes/montypes, i have expanded monprop, i have deleted itemtypes expansion line, i have added the .tbl entries. I have changed descfunc to 22. And my stat on torso was "weapon-dmg% 28 100 200"

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:29 pm

Make sure that:
(1) In properties.txt (for the weapon-, throw- properties): func=9
(2) In itemstatcost.txt (for the respective stats, like passive_mastery_melee_th): Save Param Bits=7 (you can also go with higher values of course, it determines up to which ID can be referenced; Save Param Bits of 7 means it will read up to ID=127, which covers all of the vanilla itemtypes; for modding purposes, I'd probably go up to 8 or 9 to be safe)

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:02 pm

Save param did the trick, unfortunately it breaks the saves but the stats are working great!

EDIT 1: Cypress, unfortunately the stats that previously worked att-mon%, dmg-mon%, show An evil force instead of the monster type. Save Bits is 9, Save Param 10, even if i moved them right after the item entries in mon types, they does not display.

EDIT 2: Im not 100% sure but i think the two same None entries in Montype was causing the issue, i have it as None, None1 now and it seems to work.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”