BaseMod Plugin

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
smaff92

Re: BaseMod Plugin

Post by smaff92 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:44 pm

IT NOW WORKS!

When extracting the file, it extracted the default Inventory.txt.
Adding the hireling parts into the now extracted .txt made it work.

Thanks for bearing with me!

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:49 pm

smaff92 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:37 pm
Hi,

Just a quick update; it kind-of, sorta works now!
I extracted the folder instead, and it now launches when using the -direct option.
However, I could still not see any changes to the hireling UI.

BUT, when placing the dc6 files into "data/global/ui/panel" instead of "data/globa/ui/panel" (notice global) I now see a difference, with an added amulet slot and two ring slots!
However, there still seems to be no boots, sash or gloves slot, so I must still be doing something wrong?
Hi.
Options -direct -txt forces game to 1st load files from folder data and 2nd from mpq's.
Usualy it's no need to extract all files from patch_d2.mpq. Game reads files from data folder and if in it some files absent game loads them from mpq's.
Right name of folder is "global".
1. It's need to place only one file npcinv.dc6 to data/global/ui/panel
2. It's need to take original file Inventory.txt from patch_d2.mpq and place it in data/global/excel
3. Open this Inventory.txt and replace the 2 Hireling-Lines with those from the inventory.txt from basemod MercEquip folder.

That's all.

Raf-9600
Ukraine

Post by Raf-9600 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:29 pm

ThanatosUA wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:43 pm
Hello! Any chance to add Extended Inventory to Basemod?
Like this
+1. It's great idea!

darkcitydweller

Post by darkcitydweller » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:58 am

Thank you for this plugin devurandom. This is the best dll mod since plugy!. im just wondering, do you have plans to include sprite limit fix in your future updates? the plugin is godly enough, but that feature will definitely help mods with legions of mobs.

teserat
Seychelles

Post by teserat » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:02 pm

I know development says it's on hold, but I regret not posting this sooner back when it was still active!:

What if you enabled auto health/mana potion pickup too?

health/mana potions are always useful to pickup, as loot filters can always ignore lesser ones and/or you can just spam your hotkey for drinking them from the inventory to free up space if too many get picked up.

I play Diablo 2 using an Xbox controller, so I enjoy the auto-pickup and using potions from the inventory features since they help avoid fine thumbstick motor skills (picking up gold constantly and transferring potions to the belt is like using chopsticks to pickup coins!)

ThanatosUA
Ukraine

Post by ThanatosUA » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:33 pm

teserat, autopickup health/mana potion for the belt free space only will be good

mengxuecen

Post by mengxuecen » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:24 pm

Using the client, after loading the DLL, opening the red door of the cow will crash. (C000005)

The problem has been resolved, my own mistake.
Last edited by mengxuecen on Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mengxuecen

Post by mengxuecen » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:41 am

The red door is my own fault, which can be ignored.

Sorry
Last edited by mengxuecen on Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

mengxuecen

Post by mengxuecen » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:07 pm

Sometimes it will collapse after loading, and the log shows like this.

Code: Select all

11:59:37.026  imagehlp.dll loaded for better stack crawls.
11:59:37.032  D2Mod Installing Patches
11:59:37.032  MPQ Loaded
11:59:37.032  BaseMod Installing PatchesEx
11:59:37.032  D2Mod Loaded
11:59:37.248  D2Mod Loading: Plugin\D2hackmap.dll
11:59:37.252  D2Mod Loading: Plugin\D2DisplayFix.dll
11:59:37.252  Could not load Plugin\D2Patch.dll File not found
11:59:37.284  ........DirectSound progress: 0 buffers available is less than min needed 16 buffers for 3d sound
11:59:37.297  ........DirectSound progress: 0 buffers available is less than min needed 16 buffers for 3d sound
12:03:56.630  Can not load Plugin\D2hackmap.dll, already loaded
12:03:56.630  Can not load Plugin\D2DisplayFix.dll, already loaded
12:03:56.631  Could not load Plugin\D2Patch.dll File not found
14:58:04.309  Can not load Plugin\D2hackmap.dll, already loaded
14:58:04.309  Can not load Plugin\D2DisplayFix.dll, already loaded
14:58:04.310  Could not load Plugin\D2Patch.dll File not found
15:01:31.066  Can not load Plugin\D2hackmap.dll, already loaded
15:01:31.066  Can not load Plugin\D2DisplayFix.dll, already loaded
15:01:31.067  Could not load Plugin\D2Patch.dll File not found
15:05:06.494  Can not load Plugin\D2hackmap.dll, already loaded
Last edited by mengxuecen on Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:40 am

mengxuecen wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:07 pm
Using the client, after loading the DLL, opening the red door of the cow will crash. (C000005)
I want to use basemod to load local.mpq, localized language patches.
The problem has been resolved, my own mistake.
Next time, please use the edit button as it will still mark a topic unread.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

borg
Taiwan

Post by borg » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:16 pm

Houston, we have a problem....
Bug report:
Mod crashes when the game is trying to play specific sound effect.

This is the first time of mod crash after I used plugin version 1.13.1,
presumably there is something wrong with edited Game.exe.

Dirty Mac
Paladin

Post by Dirty Mac » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:41 pm

Hey guys, I've recently insalled this mod but can't seem to get the world event or uber quests running, Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:26 am

Hello there !

It's been a long time from my last posting, but I'm back for few days, as I plan to update my mod with the last version of this fantastic DLL !

I've done some basics tests :
  • * UberQuests -> ok, but minions don't spawn, as explained in the readme.
    * World Event -> ok.
    * Bypass 25 FPS limit for single player -> ok.
    * AutoGoldPickup -> ok.
    * CPU Fix seems to be -> ok.
    * Missing SuperUniques -> ok.
    * Portal to Pindle still open after Nilathek death -> ok.
    * HyperJoin -> seems to be ok.
    * MultiCopy -> ok.
    * Players X -> seems to be ok.
    * Players 127 patch -> seems to be ok.
    * Set Language (requires preinstalled Language files to work) -> setting "00" keeps my game in French. Only setting "12" put the game in English. It's like if the "00" setting keeps the installation language...
    * Cow King portal -> working as intended even after cow king killed.
    * Allow user to load 3 extra Dlls -> tested with Plugy ok.
    * Supports Loading PlugY as an extra Dll -> ok.
    * Display Item Level and Item Max Sockets -> perfectly ok.
    * Ctrl Left Click Item extended to Inventory, Stash, Cube & Ground Drop -> ok (this feature is awesome !).
    * Shift Left Click Beltable Item extended to Stash & Cube -> ok (this feature is awesome !).
    * Gamble Refresh with option to change Item count -> Refresh feature is Perfect :D
    * Merc Equip Items - boots, gloves, belt, amulet and one ringMerc Equip Items - boots, gloves, belt, amulet and one ring -> I tested it by curiosity, It's okay.
I didn't test some features, as I don't use them or already in my mod, or simply dont have nothing to test them (Extended Levels & Extended Sounds for exemple).

I find a typo in the ReadMe of the MercEquip :
'Copy file "npcinv.dc6" into Folder "data\globa\ui\panel\"'
The right path is "data\global\ui\panel\"
"Global" lackes the L :)

This dll is a must, only for the AutoGoldPickup feature. Others are bonus :P
Great work Devurandom for this awesome mod base !

-+-

@Dirty Mac :

1* Are the others features functioning ?
2* Are you sure you have enabled the features you are talking about in the ini file ?

For the uber quests try this : (I assume you know the quest, if not google it ;)
[RedPortals]
Enabled=1
SkipReq=1
ForceQuestCheck=0

For the world event try this : (with this settings, you have to sell one magic rings, and wait a little for the auto sell if not instant...)
[WorldEvent]
Enabled=1 ; 0 to Disable
AutoSellSoJ=1 ; 0 to Disable
Interval=3 ; Valid Range 3 - 1200 seconds
MinItems=1 ; Valid Range 1 - 400 Min Amt of Items to Trigger World Event
MaxItems=5 ; Valid Range 5 - 550 Max Amt of Items to Trigger World Event
EnableAllDiff=0 ; 1 to Enable World Event in all Difficulty
TriggerType=2 ; use UniqueName =1, use 3 letter Item Code =2
ItemQuality=4 ; required item quality to sell (1-9 valid range)
UniqueName="Nagelring" ; Copy and paste from column 1 in UniqueItems.txt and "USE QUOTES"
ItemCode=rin ; valid 3 letter Item Code to sell rin = ring

Hope this will help :)

Bye !
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
ImageMore infos here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63800
CHEERS !

mengxuecen

Post by mengxuecen » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:47 am

* Display Item Level and Item Max Sockets -> After the CHI "TBL" file is used in battle net mode, the content will not be displayed after entering. You need to exit the game, enter single player game to exit, and re enter battle net mode to display correctly.

Dirty Mac
Paladin

Post by Dirty Mac » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:42 pm

Kaladann wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:26 am
Hello there !

@Dirty Mac :

1* Are the others features functioning ?
2* Are you sure you have enabled the features you are talking about in the ini file ?
Yes , I made the changes you suggested, and Uber Diablo appears now.. Thanks
I'm not sure about Ubers yet as no keys have dropped, But i'm not sure how
rare they are , so maybe it's enabled but nothing had dropped yet.

Thanks again.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:41 pm

To be sure 'Ubber land' is working, I sugest you to make a new char, edit it with UdieToo, a powerful editor that can takes mods in count.
Give you 3 sets of key to test the feature :)

http://modsreloaded.com/udietoo-editor
To launch UdieToo with mod compatibility :

:headbang:
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
CHEERS !

teserat
Seychelles

Post by teserat » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:04 pm

Another cool idea I've always dreamed of having in a mod like Base Mod:

Automatically sends a message in-game (just like players 8, etc.) every time you open the H cube, stating what are each of the possible recipes you can perform/craft based on items currently in your inventory.

Extra cool feature would be the ability to filter this messaging (e.g. less interesting recipes), and to extend it to include recipes for all items in your possession (including your stash)

Reason this is useful is because, despite having played this game for over 20 years, I still cannot for the life of me seem to remember any useful recipes, and pausing the game to lookup recipes detracts from the fun of gameplay.

nothingworks
Iceland

Post by nothingworks » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:22 am

Hey so i've downloaded this mod and done all the steps, but upon selecting a character my game crashes with this error message:
"The exception unknown software exception (0x0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x0000000002B2C49B."

This was after I replaced Game.exe with the correct one from the Loaders folder.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:50 am

Did you take the right version ?
(regarding you game version)
CHEERS !

nothingworks
Iceland

Post by nothingworks » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:36 pm

Kaladann wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:50 am
Did you take the right version ?
(regarding you game version)
Yes, I'm on v1.14d, which is the Game.exe file I'm using. I spotted an earlier post with similar issues, but couldn't replicate the success of the user by deleting the launch commands in the shortcut properties.

Edit: i should add that im using a vanilla legit version of D2 lod and not using plugy or any other mods at all, just trying to load in basemod alone.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:47 pm

Don't forget to never go to Battle.net with Basemod activated :icecream:

With a vanilla game without Plugy, You just should to extract the archive in you game folder, then replace game.exe by the right launcher for your version. 1.14d i our exemple.
Take care of the folder architecture, to be sure you put the file in the right place, and you should be fine.
CHEERS !

nothingworks
Iceland

Post by nothingworks » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:33 pm

Kaladann wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:47 pm
Don't forget to never go to Battle.net with Basemod activated :icecream:

With a vanilla game without Plugy, You just should to extract the archive in you game folder, then replace game.exe by the right launcher for your version. 1.14d i our exemple.
Take care of the folder architecture, to be sure you put the file in the right place, and you should be fine.
Ah that's interesting, the version i downloaded from Blizz is v1.14b for some reason, so i need to go to battle.net (before putting in the basemod files) to update it. Could that be causing the issue?

you also mention extracting the entire archive directly to my game folder. I just have it extracted to my desktop, and moved the dll and ini files along with game.exe to the diablo II folder. I'll try just putting the entire archive in there and only moving the game.exe file instead.

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:58 am

nothingworks wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:33 pm
Ah that's interesting, the version i downloaded from Blizz is v1.14b for some reason, so i need to go to battle.net (before putting in the basemod files) to update it. Could that be causing the issue?

you also mention extracting the entire archive directly to my game folder. I just have it extracted to my desktop, and moved the dll and ini files along with game.exe to the diablo II folder. I'll try just putting the entire archive in there and only moving the game.exe file instead.
That's an option to update your game, so without mods that are incompatible with Battle.net, that's totaly fine :)

I should have said files :oops:
In this case, there is many folders that are not essential for BaseMod to work.
The best you can do, is extract the archive in a temporary folder, then copy only the needed files.
Be sure to have BaseMod.dll and BaseMod.ini in the same directory than other Diablo2 DLLs ! (root folder)
I wish that helps :)
CHEERS !

nothingworks
Iceland

Post by nothingworks » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:52 pm

Kaladann wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:58 am
nothingworks wrote:

That's an option to update your game, so without mods that are incompatible with Battle.net, that's totaly fine :)

The best you can do, is extract the archive in a temporary folder, then copy only the needed files.
Be sure to have BaseMod.dll and BaseMod.ini in the same directory than other Diablo2 DLLs ! (root folder)
Well, I tried both and still kept getting the crash upon character select. I'm totally lost as to what to do.

Edit: for anyone curious as to what my process is:

I have a legit copy of D2 LOD. When it was downloaded from blizz, it came with 1.14b. I updated it to 1.14D, and am currently using it with Sven's glide wrapper. I then download Basemod, extract the entire archive to wherever, then pull the Basemod.dll and Basemod.ini files and copy them over to my Diablo II directory. I then replace Game.exe with the one in the Loaders\Game_exe\1.14d folder from the Basemod archive. I then edit the .ini file to enable Basemod. Running the game from the Diablo 2 LOD process gives me a proper title screen and main menu, but upon selecting my character, the game freezes at the loading screen and then throws a crash at me. This also happens when running the Game.exe process directly.

Super lost as to what to do...

Bishop

Post by Bishop » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:23 pm

nothingworks wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:52 pm
Kaladann wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:58 am
nothingworks wrote:

Well, I tried both and still kept getting the crash upon character select. I'm totally lost as to what to do.

Edit: for anyone curious as to what my process is:

I have a legit copy of D2 LOD. When it was downloaded from blizz, it came with 1.14b. I updated it to 1.14D, and am currently using it with Sven's glide wrapper. I then download Basemod, extract the entire archive to wherever, then pull the Basemod.dll and Basemod.ini files and copy them over to my Diablo II directory. I then replace Game.exe with the one in the Loaders\Game_exe\1.14d folder from the Basemod archive. I then edit the .ini file to enable Basemod. Running the game from the Diablo 2 LOD process gives me a proper title screen and main menu, but upon selecting my character, the game freezes at the loading screen and then throws a crash at me. This also happens when running the Game.exe process directly.

Super lost as to what to do...
Hey,

Just made an account for 2 things:

1) I also just installed this mod and it kept crashing on character loading screen. I managed to get my copy working. I also have legit D2LOD with 1.14D update. What I did was: open basemod.ini, last entry is [StringTable], which is by default enabled. I set it to 0 (disable) and got it to work. I hope this helps you.

2) I tried to find info about the MFlinear online, but no luck. Can someone explain what is the drop rate change besides "Improves drops" :D

EDIT: and almost forgot, Thank you for the mod! This is just amazing. Exactly the QoL I would expect blizz to add in a patch, all in one pack with options to tweak what you like without affecting the vanilla experience! Amazing.

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”