BaseMod Plugin

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Re: BaseMod Plugin

Post by tmuhlhausen » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:26 pm

It clearly states by the way only one ring works i just overlooked it.
my variable names i think are correct:

[CharmZone]
Enabled=1
CZLeft=5
CZRight=7
CZTop=3
CZBottom=4

EDIT:
Something tells me it has todo with my grid, being completely off alignment.
Inv.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Darkquake
Australia

Post by Darkquake » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:42 am

Modded inventory size and charmzone work for me. it's a little hard to see but when a charm is outside of the charmzone area it has a red background and you gain no benefits from it.
I would think that is calculates the inventory spaces based of inventory.txt so alignment wouldn't be an issue, not sure though.
Here is mine with BM1.13.2
https://imgur.com/76thryw

Code: Select all

Enabled=1
CZLeft=5
CZRight=7
CZTop=3
CZBottom=4
When I added extended merc equip in also nerfed how much all res they got per level to at least somewhat counter balance the buff of items. I'm sure there are more balanced ways to do it though.

Can confirm multires 1.13c and gamble refresh work together :)
I make things? I make things.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/darkquake

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:58 am

Changes since pre-release 2

- Fix an issue in some environments where Game.exe is not properly detected and BaseMod exits silently.
- Add new ini option [GameFVFB] Game File Version Fallback - see BaseMod.ini for more info.
- Add new ini option [CtrlLClick] to disable this option for a filter plugin compatibility.

BaseMod v1.13.2 pre-release 3 - Testers Needed - This is not an official release.

Feedback on any bugs found is appreciated!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hcq33znlhlhk ... 2-pre3.zip

---> GambleRefresh
Can someone with MultiRes for 1.13c who can get 50 items per gamble screen test the new limit with 50 items and spam the refresh button.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:06 pm

Hey, ill test it now. i do not have multi-res though. Ive noticed twice now, while playing in a TCPIP game that something todo with depositing gold causes a client crash. im working with the pre 2, i have also made 0 table edits besides inventory.txt to increase Inv/Stash/Cube space and armor.txt, to make belts gloves and boots socketable. Im wondering if it was just "silently exiting" like you describe above.

EDIT: Testing to see if i can get it to stop by turning off single entries at a time in the INI, but if i run back and fourth deposting/taking gold out i can make it happen pretty consistently. Only sometimes it crashes on the first deposit, most times it's the third or fourth deposit that make it crash. Clicking on Charsi then clicking the stash, over and over.

Another note, players X seems to be active even when disabled.

EDIT: Just played for about an hour through act 1, with 2 chars in the same TCPIP game got all the way to the cube. Had abosolutely no issue, not sure why it happened. if i think of anything i will update the post. Best guess is like you said, the dll was being unloaded

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:55 pm

Maybe you can test all your changes without BaseMod loaded and see if the crash is there. BaseMod can be easily deactivated. what I do is have 2 copy's of Game.exe loader in my diablo II folder, Game.orig and Game.BAS. I shuffle them back and forth renaming them to Game.exe to activate and deactivate BaseMod.

Depositing gold code in Basemod isn't modified. do you use other plugins?
Testing in v1.13.2 pre-release 3. and I get no crash when deposit gold, withdraw, deposit over and over. tested in single player and TCP/IP multiplayer.
Players X can also be active from PlugY if your using that.
if using MPQ ini all options in BaseMod.ini are ignored.

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:44 pm

No other plugins no, and its not only when depositing gold, just seems to be one of the main triggers. sometimes right after i create a char and get in game it immediately crashes, sometimes i can play an hour with 2 chars in same game. going to analyize a bit more, i have reskinned a majority of the items, probably 60 and replaced the files into the mpq, my edits are pretty much purely UI changes. I am running 1.14d trying to keep every edit as basic as possible to maintain stability. The only thing changed besides adding basemod, Is 3 text files. Itemtypes, Armor, Inventory, increasing size and adding sockets to belts gloves boots. Im going to unload basemod see if it occurs again

EDIT: Tried once more with Basemod loaded, ran up to blood raven, beat her got the merc, gave her a ring and a bow and boots, went to the stash the gold on hand (had already banked 4 or 5 times coming back and fourth to town), and it crashed the moment i deposited. going to run it unloaded but it may even have something todo with the merc possibly? the other chars that crashed did have mercs as well

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:43 am

Have confirmed the issue has nothing todo with Basemod. Now i am clueless, Thanks for the help.

EDIT: i notice something here that i wanted to ask you about to make sure this is right. The inventory.txt file you included, in the grid columns the 2 hireling rows seem to have different values wanted to make sure this wouldn't cause it. Im almost positive the error resides in the modification of those 2 rows for whatever reason. unless adding the sockets would have caused it. only 2 modifications to tables i can think of.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:08 am

The values you circled are wrong and they should all be -1. It would only effect Hireling at 640x480 resolution, but there isn't much of any code in the game that uses those inventory grid values for hirling.

If your not using fixed txt files I'd recommend doing that, since it can solve some weird issues.
There's not any real differences between 1.13c unfixed version of Txt files and 1.14d unfixed version of Txt files. I use the fixed 1.13c txt files for 1.14d. viewtopic.php?t=56033

If you already have done that, next you'd want to check the Txt files for errors using d2txtanalyser v30
viewtopic.php?t=65184

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:35 am

Its something todo with the Merc for sure, i tested it out. after i got her i walked around killing stuff fine, go and bank constantly no problem, the moment i put equips on that she shouldnt have, then run and bank it crashes :/ If i dont put anything on her, it seems to not crash, but even just a bow, then go stash gold. Game crashes

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:31 am

Then it could be a version specific bug, you mentioned that your using 1.14d. I'll check and retest the code for merc equip in 1.14d.....

RESULTS:
Test in 1.14d - played 4 levels in act 1 - deposit gold about 20 times.. no crashes.
Make a short video to demonstrate.

tmuhlhausen wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:35 am
the moment i put equips on that she shouldnt have, then run and bank it crashes.
Are you using softcoded Merc Equip or Code Edit Merc Equip on top of BaseMod Merc Equip?

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:39 pm

It always seems to happen, shortly after i complete the blood raven quest, if i avoid it i dont seem to get any issues. im going to play test to act 3 or 4 avoiding that quest see if it happens again. i didnt even grab the merc this time, and it crashes. but it always seems to be around the time, thats shes unlocked. it crashes. only thing i have done with the d2 installation. I put Basemod in a clean v1.14d, Editing the inventory table to increase sizes, edited armor making boots gloves belts have sockets, itemtype's fields for boots gloves belts. and changed item and ui dc6 files, replaced them with new ones.

1st vid:

2nd vid:

EDIT: Just to be clear, i dont think it is an issue of Basemod, though i appreciate the help. Im starting to think my inventory values may not be perfect. as long as i avoid the stash after getting the merc. it wont crash. but i can bank as much as i like before i get the merc which is the weird part. Im fairly certain this didn't happen before modifying the tables for merc equips though. will have to backtrack. Thanks again much appreciated

Turns out even when opening the stash and idling, in the stash screen it crashes/ but only after i get the merc

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:54 pm

-The infamous inventory bug. Open or create a new character and waive your mouse selector in and around the borders of your stash or inventory to find where the inventory bug is crashing your game.

If you search around you can find a link to a topic on this bug.
It needs -1px in the size.

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:47 pm

Reverted the inventory.txt to the original, added Full merc Equips. No issues it seems. The grid was exceeding the bounds of the inventory... Thanks again

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:05 am

I think you need to subtract 1px from the calculated overall size for length and width for each inventory line. i was looking for a good topic on this to link to, but I can't find it in my notes.

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:15 am

Thats alright, i get the jist anyway. Also understand how valuble time can be to some of guys, hence the appreciation. Now to map that grid... lol

Kaladann
Paladin
France

Post by Kaladann » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:49 pm

Wow, your mod leveled-up !
Great job :cool:
I'll definitely use it in a futur update of my mod :)
Want to play but not enought time to drop good stuff and raise decent level ? Try Casual Nostalgia !
ImageMore infos here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63800
CHEERS !

borg
Taiwan

Post by borg » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:14 pm

devurandom wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:05 pm
borg wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:46 pm
Glad to see updating news of this mod. Can you make separate options for display of item level and item max sockets?
I think it would be difficult to separate the 2.
I see. That's ok. Btw, is it possible to add crossbows to allowed weapons for Act 1 Rogue Scouts?

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:19 am

BaseMod v1.13.2 - release
======================

Changes.

- Add [MercEquip] allows Hireling to equip boots, gloves, belt, amulet and one ring.
- Add [BypassFPS] Option to disable 25 FPS Bypass to make BaseMod compatible with SlashDiablo plugin.
- Add [GambleRefresh] Option to adjust item count for Gamble Screen between 1 and 100 items.
- Add [CharmZone] Option to Enable Dav92's Charm Zone to player inventory
- Add [GameFVFB] Game File Version Fallback - see BaseMod.ini for more info.
- Add [CtrlLClick] Option to disable this for filter plugin compatibility.

Thanks to everyone who tested and gave feedback!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the Phrozen Keep Community!

Download
========
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9am9le79el21a ... od1132.zip

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:59 pm

devurandom, Thanks for the great mod! It's no pleasure to play without it now!
I'm newbe here. And my english not good. So sorry if something wrong or I will ask stupid questions ))

My some questions:
1. Where I can take animated inventory items? I'm enabled option in ini, but have no animation. I think it's need to download animated dc6 files for that... But where? I searched with no luck :( Help me to find it, please.
2. What is "MultiCopy" that mod adds? Is this is possibility to launch several copies of game?
3. I'm tried to use MultiRes via ExtraDll - loaddll option in ini file. It's working but every time closing the game - it crashes with error. Loading via PlyggY works only via patching D2gfx.dll. Loading via loaddll from pluggY (without patching D2gfx.dll) crashs game.exe at exit too.
I'm read this thread and find that it was a bug sometime ago, but you fixed it in some last version. But I'm have this bug in this moment with latest version.

I'm using Diablo II 1.13c on Windows 10 with unpacked files. Lauch with -drirect -txt.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:29 pm

Hi,

1. You make your own animated inventory graphics. I don't supply any.
2. Multicopy allows you to run multiple instances of the game on one PC.
3. I don't know what you're referring to in multires being fixed in latest version - I haven't used it or
had any reports of issues till now. I was only asking someone with Multires to test the new gamble refresh limit, because I assumed multires could fit more items on the gamble screen. Also BaseMod can load PlugY
see documentation.

Note about windows 10. Set Game.exe and Diablo II.exe to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:46 pm

devurandom wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:29 pm
Hi,

1. You make your own animated inventory graphics. I don't supply any.
2. Multicopy allows you to run multiple instances of the game on one PC.
3. I don't know what you're referring to in multires being fixed in latest version - I haven't used it or
had any reports of issues till now. I was only asking someone with Multires to test the new gamble refresh limit, because I assumed multires could fit more items on the gamble screen. Also BaseMod can load PlugY
see documentation.

Note about windows 10. Set Game.exe and Diablo II.exe to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.
1. I know it. But I think that maybe you know where this graphics can be downloaded?
2. Thanks.
3. Maybe it's multires bug...

But tried to load PlygY via loadll option in basemod.ini - and this causes crash on game exit. Even without multires at all.
So I use patched D2gfx.dll to load PlygY, and game.exe loader from BaseMod to load BaseMod. And without multires this config didn't crashes on exit.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:44 am

I load PlugY in BaseMod for XP, Win7x32, and Win7x64. Have not tried in Win10, but maybe this would help for Win10? Set Game.exe and Diablo II.exe to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.

Edit: yea, your right it doesn't load PlugY in win10. lot of stuff breaks in win10, especially the privacy.
Might be next to impossible to close all the open ports in win10 without breaking the OS, but that's off the topic.

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:07 am

Thanks for the answears!
Thanks for your great work again!
And please someone give me a link to where animated items for inventory can be loaded...

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:09 am

So after a few hours debugging in Win10, BaseMod does load plugY.

Reason it wasn't working for me was, I used WinMPQ in Win10 and had to manually register mscomclt.ocx
then deleted BaseMod.bin in BaseMod.mpq to test with BaseMod.ini. WinMPQ only appears to work in Win10 but didn't. So I copied my file BaseMod.mpq from Win7x64 and BaseMod now loads PlugY in Win10.

Reason PlugY its not working for you is because your using -direct -txt when loading BaseMod.dll

UnclWish
Russia

Post by UnclWish » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:50 am

devurandom wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:09 am
Reason PlugY its not working for you is because your using -direct -txt when loading BaseMod.dll
No, for me all loads and both works as they must. And PlygY via baseMod and vice versa. Only problem is crash on game exit(or closing via Alt+F4) when basemod loads some dlls via ini.
Maybe crash on unloading dlls?
And what best: load basemod 1st or PlugY? Or no difference?

Anybody, please kick me where to look for the animated graphics Inventory?

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”