Netherworld Rises Alpha (UPD 26 Nov 2011)

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.

No votes

Total votes: 0

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Netherworld Rises Alpha (UPD 26 Nov 2011)

Post by PureRage » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi all.

Thought I'd share me and my friends mod "Netherworld Rises" with everyone here at the keep. It is currently in alpha but that includes quite a lot so far. (I'll go into it more later).
I would recomend playing with a friend over hamachi in a tank and cannon style team. Some things can be very tricky solo.

First, I'm a huge Terry Goodkind fan so anyone familiar with his books will notice that alot of inspiration is taken from The Sword of Truth books. The goal of the mod is to eventually completely convert everything, bosses, skills, monsters, maps and items.
Currently, the main map work is done including:

Act 1 is completely converted to the Desert theme with you starting in the town of "Altur'Rang". When you start you must cleanse the defiled tomb before fighting back the evil in the forgotten valley and opening the sealed tomb guarded by the Lizard Prince. throughout these lands, the 4 twisted kin of deccard cain hide in tunnels and tombs.
As you journey on, you will free trapped earthen spirits, fight sisters of the dark in the shadow palace, and eventually fight through the Valley of the Lost to find the forgotten tomb whare andariel has been sealed away.

Act 2 completely converted to the fields/woodland theme with you starting your journey in "Hartland". Evil lurks in the graveyard connected to town that must be banished!.
Once you leave town you must cleanse a corrupted rogue camp. Banish the Thieves from the area. Navigate the deadly "Hagen Woods" in search of evil wizards, Kill the general of Anderith and explore the Anderith Library. Finally, gain entry into the gold mine Outside Anderith and destroy Duriel the Stone Beast

Act 3 is mostly unchanged looks wise, though the outdoors have been expanded, lots of new sidequests are located here with new bosses and a level challenge (The City of Caska).

Act 4 is changed to the "Mountain Siege" theme in outdoors. With you starting outside "The City of Aydindril". As the act progresses you delve deep inside the frozen caves of the mountain, and deeper still into demonic tunnels and eventually the gates of The Netherworld whare you fight Na'Krul to cleanse the palace of death to use as your base for assault on the Netherworld.

Act 5 is changed to "The Netherworld" in this act you Start in the cleansed palace of death. As you start to go deeper, you fight through each of the prime evils plains (Plains of Hatred, Terror, Destruction). Killing the 3 prime evils and collecting their soulstones to create a gem stone that opens the way to the Burning Rivers. Their you face the 3 princes of evil seeking to take diablo, mephisto and baal's place and down below to finally fight "The Keeper".
================================================================
Netherworld Rises - base patch version 1.10f

Netherworld Rises is a total conversion mod for Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction. Currently in Alpha phase:
The following is included in the current version:

Many of the maps have been changed to fit in to our new world
All 7 Character classes have an array of new skills to use.
Unique items have been disabled for the most part
Many new bosses have been added and almost all areas in act 1, 2, 4 and 5 are completely redone.
A number of quests have been changed and the rewards improved.
rare items have been greatly improved.
Items can be socketed by the player, the more basic the item, the more sockets it can hold. (max sockets on white/magic, half as many on rare for example)
Tons of new monsters have been added,
Potions are removed
High resolution enabled
Improved Mercinarys
A new orb healing system is added
Characters also start with 2 skills that must be cast repeatedly to recover health/mana out of combat
Preview of a locked doors system
Caster damage is based mainly on energy rather than skill synergies allowing for multiple element builds
Enemys now come with counter attacks/skills
a number of new sidequests have been added including a level challenge and a survival challenge
Many new craft recipes added.
many new item properties added
some new music added

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Thanks To:
Seltsamuel - forum hosting and answering numerous questions + providing the fantastic D2SE Mod manager
Phrozen Keep - amazing modding knowledge base and a very nice community to be a part of
Necrolis - answering my questions on code edits and many other things
Dav92 - many great new D2Mod plugins including high resolution and answering my questions
Nefarius - for the many code editing threads that helped me achieve a number of goals
SVR - D2Mod System and a numer of D2Mod plugins
Infinitum - many monster animations
Myhrginoc - Book of Lore Plugin
Inventheria - a number of item graphics
Diabolic Cartography - Many maps and DT1's
Volf - Ds1 Editor and multiple map plugins
Ki4m - UI work+ more
Soulmancer/AKA Terry McDonald - for the Hell Unleashed mod that got me in to modding
Blue Myriddn - A number of item images
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit the homepage for all runewords, items and cube recipes HERE
You will also find a begginners guide in English and German that covers everything you need to know.

The mod comes as a D2SE plugin that I'll link here once its uploaded and maybe I can get a PK mirror for it?
D2SE Mod Plugin: D2SE_Netherworld Rises_0.4.0q_sfx.exe
303MB download
357MB on hard drive

Edit: After downloading the plugin above, please download this small update (I left some WWing bugbears in act 1 :D
also added some potions that remove the barbs charge up skills states so you can switch between them faster;
The small update can be found HERE

Instalation Instructions, see HERE

A couple screenshots for now here
Last edited by PureRage on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
Douglas Adams

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: Netherworld Rises Alpha

Post by HarvestWombs » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:43 am

This mod sounds beast cant wait to try (have to work) BOOOO!!!!! but will try asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Good to hear :).

Work is still ongoing, the current version is mainly showcasing the basic structure/act theme changes. Still trying to figure out a problem with one of the act 4 outdoors DS1's but apart from that, the act theme switch went really well (outdoors included).

Working on tweaking/redoing some of the new and old skills at the min. :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
Douglas Adams

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:26 pm

Found some typos, in all of your alchemical spells for sorc lol, they say "Gratns" just a heads up for your next release ;)
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:40 am

Well spotted sir!
I'll be removing those skills soon though and replacing with some more active skills.
Douglas Adams

michael12311
Paladin

Post by michael12311 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:20 am

Nice mod, tried it for a bit and it was really fun (: Maybe you could add more description to some skills? A good example would be the amazon, you know how if you put 1 into that bow passive, it locks out your spear passive and all those spear skills? It would be nice if we knew that was gonna happen, like a line of text telling us that or something (:

Also, the skills that are locked out, says "Requires Level 1" or something. And I was far past level one. I know it says that cause of some less obvious reasons but if you want to remove it, refer to this post. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=55156

Other than that, its a fun mod (: Ill play on himachi with someone if they want.

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:39 am

ty for that link, thats awesome
Douglas Adams

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Updated to 0.3.2b
Download by clicking the "Homepage" button for the mod in your D2SE console
(~2MB)
Files go in your Netherworld Rises mod folder.

changelog:
----------

- removed the "Required level x" from skills (ty michael12311 for the link and Demon9ne for the locations)
- baalwave 3 damage and phys resist reduced
- Na'Kruls bad animation fixed finally
- summon mirswith replaced with crystal wall
- mirswith mastery replaced with crystal wall mastery
- sorceress alchemy skills replaced with dragon melee skills
- necro poison mastery increased to 10% +5% per level
- bone armor mastery removed
- raise bones moved to bone armor mastery place and now improved bone armor instead
- raise bones now raises 3 corpses +1 per 2 levels
- new necro summon - skeletal archers
- necro summons hp improved a bit
- minion life from gear should display on skills propperly now
- stash size reduced
- alot of bosses move speed reduced
- shift click limit on stats added (6 per click)
- undead bunnys no longer require a corpse

Edit: damnit, sorry for the double, i just realised (long night)
Also been another very small update.

0.3.2c
- shapeshift skills duration increased
- baal wave 2 bad animation fixed
- sister of the dark passive adjusted to prevent an annoying death bug.
===================================================================

01/09/11 - Updated

changelog 0.3.2e

- frozen horrors arctic blast missiles should no longer cause an event every frame
- bad inventory pixel fixed
- added many new potions
- cut the number of missiles making up scales of the ice dragon's retaliation bolt by 50%
- 3 new unique charms added for a "hunt". One from each difficulty, each from a different boss. Charms have a 1 in 5 chance of dropping. No other info will be given. Charms have high variability from negative stats to positive
- Fire eye given a new reward in hell

Just select the homepage button in your D2SE console to dl the update and extract to your current NR folder.
Douglas Adams

marquise

Post by marquise » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:51 pm

I miss the unique items.... :(

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Items are a work in progress. I wanna get all the acts and stuff finalised and all skills finalised before I start fully on items. :)

This last week i've just been tweaking things here and there and making the early game a little easier.

Updated to 0.3.2i, 30 mins ago. Press the HomePage button on D2SE console to DL it.

Mostly balancing changes (adjustments to some bosses hp and damage) and some skill tweaks.
Douglas Adams

marquise

Post by marquise » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:46 pm

How will drop the uniques? Ive liked in all mods and vanilla, unique hunting part :) I think what ppl like in mods its the completly new uniques runewords sets, and new areas with new bosses quests.

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Well currently, there are a few class specific uniques only. You get those from only specific bosses (level 20 uniques from fireeye in the gold mine in act 2).

I'm leavin uniques out at least until I have decided on a finalised set of skills and properties. I don't wanna have to go through and adjust them every time I decide to rearange or redo skill tree's. Once I have all the skills finalised I'll start on items more (don't wanna have to do a huge list of uniques multiple times :)).

Rares are vastly improved though:
Douglas Adams

sw33tsp0t1
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Warrior

Post by sw33tsp0t1 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:02 am

this sounds freaking awesome!! the rebuild looks siiiick! also, I LOVE the ending concept! I Would be happy as hell to help you out on the modding project if you need any help! let me know , thanks!

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks for the enthusiasm!!! I'm currently slowly going through everything and doing some balancing before I make any more big adjustments. Still lots and lots of work to do, especially in act 3.

Stay tuned as my busy work season (summer) is coming to an end again so modding time is gonna go way up :)
Douglas Adams

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:02 am

This mod needs some mad props because it's pretty interesting as is, as far as I've gotten in act 1.

A LOT of work seems to have gone into redoing the levels/acts. Every single fixed set piece has been replaced, they all feature new superuniques, and many of them are ridiculous bosses like you'd see in Hell Unleashed. That's paired with some almost as ridiculous screen-filling player skills like you'd expect in median, and the enemies have a number of equally insane new spells as well, most of them charging at you at top speed. The challenge in normal mode is in a nice middle-ground between these two mods, the lack of health potions keeps you on your toes vs trash mobs (so nice not having to stock potions in inv either), the lack of TPs means you need to fight bosses fairly, usually my sin is cowering behind a shadow summon while plinking away with a crossbow!

I would suggest to stay away from the first Cain tunnel in the dead plains tunnel as the boss there is far more ridiculous than the other cains. It's likely that unresistable physical damage on the druid fire skills, just too much for characters that low. Also be careful with keys, shift-attacking the air will currently waste them, so be sure you've cleared out the area around a door, then equip the key and strike once. Finally the current feedback for health orbs is a bit iffy, you walk over them and they do hit you with the effect, but there is no graphical representation of this so you know the bounding box of the orbs. I think they persist/pierce for multiplayer's sake, but some kind of graphical splash like a cold/fire hit would help.

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:22 am

hey there, i'm currently working on a bit of a large update as i've only recently had time to actually spent a decent amount of time playing :). Theres quite a few adjustments to many of the bosses in the later parts of the game to ease the curve a little more. I'll add an overlay to the healing orbs to show you are being healed, nice idea. :)
The focus for many of the fights as you noticed is learning what to watch out for and manually avoiding those skills when possible by staying on the move.

Act 3 is the only place untouched (mostly) map wise, but that will changed by mid winter i hope.

Hoping to have the next update ready in a week to 10 days.
Thanks for playing, and any feedback is great. :)
Douglas Adams

WhiplashTW

Post by WhiplashTW » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:52 pm

so far i am enjoying this mod even though i get killed quite often.

I do have a question about muling items from one character to another. I only play solo and will only play solo (even on Bnet) so without plugy i don't see how to mule in this mod. I have never used D2SE before this so maybe there is a way to use plugy that i don't know about? run two instances of D2SE?
Plugy has spoiled me i can admit, but for the stash and shared gold it makes it very useful.

m00hkuh

Post by m00hkuh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:42 pm

For SP: You can run 2 instances of D2SE. Just start Netherworld as normal and then open a 2nd instance of D2SE. It will automaticly chose the Mod you have started before. Then just create an TCP/IP game.

Greetz

Drac0
Retired staff
Angel
Australia

Post by Drac0 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:09 am

Very much a fan of the Sword of Truth series myself so will definitely have to take a look at this!

Just 2 things:

1. The link for the glide wrapper in the first post is dead.
2. Any chance of getting a fully updated version or at least the updates up as well? I don't have the net @ home so I can't just click & update.

Cheers

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:24 am

If you bare with me until sunday night i'll hopefully have an updated version with some new areas and sidequests. I'm starting more on the story side of it soon I hope now the base is roughly done. :lol:
Douglas Adams

Drac0
Retired staff
Angel
Australia

Post by Drac0 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:50 pm

PureRage" wrote:If you bare with me until sunday night i'll hopefully have an updated version with some new areas and sidequests. I'm starting more on the story side of it soon I hope now the base is roughly done. :lol:
Great, looking forward to getting it sometime next week then.

EDIT:
Any update on the update?? :cool:

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Sorry, i've been swamped and every time i finish one thing, i have an idea for another. :roll:

I have sets to finish and 2 more craft types. Should be ready soon I hope. :)
Douglas Adams

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:33 pm

ur mod rocks mate! Keep playing it between League of Legends and Heroes 6 (and scrabble mod by Volf) :-D

I LOVE this focus on rares.

I'm not yet sure yet if I like the skill progression but we shall see ;)

will keep you updated with feedback :-)
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Drac0
Retired staff
Angel
Australia

Post by Drac0 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:31 am

PureRage" wrote:Sorry, i've been swamped and every time i finish one thing, i have an idea for another. :roll:

I have sets to finish and 2 more craft types. Should be ready soon I hope. :)
No rush, if I start playing too much I won't get work done on mine!!!!

Swoosh

Post by Swoosh » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:43 am

Just downloaded this mod and 42 others, downloaded so many because a friend n i have been looking for a mod with a few specific things and have yet to find it. The mod being; Hard as hell (like hell difficulty being normal, and the next 2 being harder than that - so far this mod seems to fit that), New skill tree (this mod fits that too), New maps (yes again) and new items (we realize your getting to that part, and hopefully having much success with it).

We love the mod for as far as we have gotten, 2 things we don't like so far that may be from an error in the download although i have redownloaded a few times.

1. There are no town portals Oo, i realize this makes it harder but i really do hate walking to where i died when i can't find a waypoint and am far out in the wilderness (not to mention i wen i chose a char who dies a lot lol). If not having then is intentional maybe putting something in place of them would suffice? Not being able to buy and find Portal Tomes, or only being able to get a Tome from a specific area in the game - Act 5 maybe, only being able to get the scrolls from monsters?

And

2. We have cleared the defiled tomb and have not gotten a quest completion yet. Ideas?

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”