Median XL forums closed due to hack threats

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Median XL forums closed due to hack threats

Post by Brother Laz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:58 pm

A flamewar between several members on the forum resulted in credible hack threats against some members. This is no laughing matter, and a Diablo 2 forum is not worth people getting hacked for it.

I closed the forum and will be leaving this community behind.

All the best.

Edit: see below, post #8: the strategy sections of the forum are available again. The bulk of the forum has been deleted though.
Last edited by Brother Laz on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

aerial
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Median XL forums closed due to hack threats

Post by aerial » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Sad news.
There was a lot of trolls for sure, leaving them behind isn't sad, but a moderated place for people that actually play mxl wasn't that bad. Especially earlier, back when it was created, so many people with passion to explore the mod. Many of them came from PK forums when m2008 section was closed.

Anyway I hope some day, at least some form of forums will be back, without ot sections, "suggestions" or other useless stuff, just for pure build/strategy discussion.
::::: my median videos :::::

Ignaitus
Champion of the Light

Post by Ignaitus » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:49 am

If you would like to visit Medians Off Topic Forums, visit here: http://medianxlofft.44.forumer.com/index.php?noportal=1

EDIT:
To anyone who has any contact with anyone within MXL threads, inform them of Laz's announcment please and direct them here

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:17 am

I highly doubt anyone on that board is skilled enough to do anything thing beyond some script kiddie crap... I hope with this people can understand why the keeps median forum was closed.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:30 am

aerial" wrote:Anyway I hope some day, at least some form of forums will be back, without ot sections, "suggestions" or other useless stuff, just for pure build/strategy discussion.
The flamewar that led to this started in the guides forum.

Whether the members involved have the skills to cause actual damage is irrelevant. What counts is that personal real life threats are being made against community members over a flamewar on a game forum. Median XL is just a game after all and should never, ever, ever bleed into real life like that.

The guides forum has been reopened in a read-only state out of respect for the community and their positive contributions in the form of a large number of build and strategy guides. Should a consensus be reached with the members involved, I may open it up for guides and strategy discussion only. It is unlikely that any of the casual or generalistic forums will return.
Median XL released!

mirecek
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel

Post by mirecek » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:56 am

Brother Laz" wrote:What counts is that personal real life threats are being made against community members over a flamewar on a game forum.
wtf man.. just... wtf :(

Godspeed, Laz
"Each of those few chords separated by complete silence feels like a knife wound to the heart"

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery. Draconian

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 am

Brother Laz" wrote:The guides forum has been reopened in a read-only state out of respect for the community and their positive contributions in the form of a large number of build and strategy guides. Should a consensus be reached with the members involved, I may open it up for guides and strategy discussion only. It is unlikely that any of the casual or generalistic forums will return.
in that cause you should move the LFAQ and the tool stickes etc to the guides forum as well
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

kambala
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Crusader
Russia

Post by kambala » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:36 am

I hope for the better
cross-platform tools: K.A.M.B.A.L.A.: Kinetic Artificial Machine Built for Assassination and Logical Analysis

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Due to feedback from tens of people, the forum has been reopened as a knowledge base and strategy forum. The off topic and general sections have been deleted, as well as threads that could foster conflict (accusations of cheating, etc).

Let's hope this does not happen again.
Median XL released!

azulin

Post by azulin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:19 pm

such a shame just started playing and i have so many questions

Doomstomper

Post by Doomstomper » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Sorry to hear about the problem with the forums Brother Laz, something like this is something that should've never happened to a person like yourself that created a great and awesome mod. I cannot thank you enough for getting me back to playing diablo 2 LOD.

You said that there is a way to still read certain sections, sorry but I fail to see either the website's URL or the link, please help me I am terribly confused.

allas
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by allas » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:03 am

The website seems to be down at the moment. It's the same link as before -->
http://modsbylaz.14.forumer.com/index.php

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”