The Black Parade

This forum is for members of the public to post any announcements relating to Diablo 2 Mod Making including mod and patch releases amongst other similar subjects.
SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

The Black Parade

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:00 pm

The Black Parade v2.0. Revolution

Req. Diablo II LoD 1.10 and D2SE Modmanager V2.2.0

New version is out. Here is only ACT 1.
Download
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/19001978/file.html
Size: 178.51 MB
Main Changes:
1. Resolution and atmosphere:
- Was 800*600 now 1024*768
- Was 640*480 now 1280*768
- The whole world in the darkness, no light, no hope. Only darkness, a fog, and monsters.
2. Monsters :
- Increased strength and hp.
- Added new strong enemies - for example Arcane Hunter and Topter.
- Added new normal monsters - for example "Bomber and Scavengers".
- Added 7 superunique monsters: Jarel the Smith, Blood Knight, Martyr of Anger, Martyr of Pain, Martyr of Grief.
- All LoD superuniques were changed.
- Added 2 optional bosses.
3. Locations:
- Some old locations were changed.
- To get to the Cathedral there are three alternative ways.
- Deactivated waypoint in the Dark Wood, added waypoint in the Great dungeon of Souls (quest location)
- Added 14 new levels: Despair Prison, Teoneya's Ruins, Leana's Sanctuary, Long Way Down, Prisoner room, Great dungeon of Souls, Hidden Sector of Jail, Temple of Martyrs, Rat Hole, Rat Passage, Forbidden Garden, Forbidden Jail, Old Crypts, Mausoleum, Teoneya's Labyrinth.
4. Quests:
- All quests were changed.
- if you want to complete of the third quest, at first it is necessary to execute the fourth questSome quest monsters have all immunities except one. With the necessary elements you will find a thing nearby, in the nearest location.
- The secret entrance is in the fourth quest at last ruin level, BUT also there is an infinite cycle of levels without possibility to return back. And so, the entrance isn't designated on the map that it to find it is necessary to direct the cursor at a wall and to search for a ladder disappearing for a wall, in a proper place the ladder will be illuminated by green color. Also the help is absence of a statue of the woman in a wall.
- To get to a final location, it is necessary to kill Last martyr the special weapon. I will write more below.
5. Items and Gold:
- Gold doesn't drop out of monsters and chests in any quantity any more. Now you can find gold coins which can be sold to NPCs in a town. In the first act you'll see, coins to face values 100 and 300 gold (one coin), 500 gold (a small group of coins).
- In the first act you can collect set "Bloody Religion" with which it will be easier to kill final boss. Set parts drop from some super unique monsters. One part of a set is a sword with a name of Laytren - this thing appears practically in each quest so don't throw out it when will find.
6. Mercenary:
- No changes yet.
7. Two optional bosses and an additional quest:
- "The Mad Doctor" and his minions "mad patient" wait for you in location Cave of Madmen. The boss uses Bone Spirit and has aura the Prayer. Reward for his death is charm "Reincarnation Stone"
- "The Rat hunter" - lives in location Rat Nest, reward for his death is charm "Strange thing from a rat nest" and set part of Bloody religion.
- "Teoneya isn't guilty!" - an additional quest, during lifetime of Teoneya have charged of murder of the daughter, but she admitted that loved the daughter Leana and didn't kill her, before death she repeated that isn't guilty and asked to search the house of Leana's stepmother. What to do: It is necessary to find proofs of innocence of Teoneya and to revenge for death of Leana. Having collected all proofs them it is necessary to combine in "a strange bag", as a result we will receive charm.
With changes like everything, but for certain something else I has forgotten...
The basic recipes and helps which will be useful to you:
- Gold coins can be put/combined in "a strange bag", they don't lose cost and quantity.
- To receive "the first unique sword" it is necessary to combine Myrel's Charge and Jarel's Broken Sword As a result we will receive "Laytren - Fury of Enslaved Souls"
- Read quest logs necessarily. There in detail all is described for the current and future quest.
- For the third quest the cup with blood of the murderer (Cup with Blood) is necessary to us. The cup can be found in the Mausoleum, a small bottle of blood we receive from the boss of the fourth quest.
- To get to a final location it is necessary to kill last martyr ONLY a special sword, anything else. A recipe: Laytren - Fury of Enslaved Souls, 3 essences (we receive from three martyrs in Great dungeon of Souls in the top part), the Overseer's Skull and Overseer's Armor (We receive it from two smiths in the Great dungeon of Souls). As a result we will receive unique sword Laytren - The Soul Destroyer.
- Laytren - The Soul Destroyer also a set part the Bloody Religion also is. To make a set sword from unique sword, we put unique sword in "a strange bag" and then press transform. Return operation probably too, but only after S&E.
- Doors - Doors it not only doors, but also portals to other locations. Pay attention of each door.
- The location Forbidden Garden - entrance in this location is the necessary door around monastery vicinities.

Installation:
For playing you must have D2SE Modmanager V2.2.0
Unpack The Black Parade folder in MODS folder in your D2 directory.
Run D2SE Modmanager and select The Black Parade.
Attention! DO NOT RUN MOD IN GLIDE MODE!!!

Credits: Big thanks to all at The Phrozen Keep
p.s. I'm very sorry for my bad English
Last edited by SheX - Lost Mage on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: The Black Parade

Post by gogodanny » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:59 pm

your mod really sounds interesting and I am very well aware that if YOU say "HARD" then it's truly "HARD" *hehe*

I remember playing on of the earlier versions of your bfe mod and even this one made me regret playing hardcore *lol*

either way I hope I can give it a shot very soon (I need a challenge anyway *hehe*)
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:54 am

gogodanny" wrote:I remember playing on of the earlier versions of your bfe mod and even this one made me regret playing hardcore *lol*
BFE is NOT his mod.

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:25 am

gogodanny, BFE It's NOT MY mod!
The Black Parade is not BFE.
I have added link for download

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:04 am

ouch *sorry* that was a VERY bad misunderstanding ... i'm terribly sorry *lol* ... perhaps next time I should read more carefully...

sorry again, to both of you

Edit: Well I downloaded your mod and YES it IS hard. I wouldn't say it's too hard though, just the rating of gaining exp is a little too slow (especially as everything above /players1 is simply not playable)
I don't want to spoil anything but *wow* you truly did a fabulous job when it comes to hitting monsters! I truly like that - puts some real challenge.

One minor critizism - you should put the entrance to the 1st quest in a more obvious place. I didn't find it at first and thought I spawned an impossible map ;)

If I find any bugs i'll keep u up 2 date.

btw.: Installation works flawlessly - congrats to that
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:51 am

The Sorceress doesn't have "Undead Essence" in her skill tree. This appears to be a bug.

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:39 am

k0r3l1k" wrote:The Sorceress doesn't have "Undead Essence" in her skill tree. This appears to be a bug.
I know. sorry. Here some fix for it.
Attachments
so_fix.rar
(30.97 KiB) Downloaded 334 times

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:01 am

Thank you =]

taurendil
Paladin

Post by taurendil » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:40 pm

All weapons, including the starting weapon, but excluding class-specific weapons (like assassin's claws) seem to require level 4 or more. This seems to make it impossible to kill any monster at all. Is that intended or something wrong with my installation?
Impotent man looking for frigid woman to just sit around and do nothing.

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:49 pm

It's norm)
Try to fight fists ;)
----
New version is out. Here is only ACT 1.
Download
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/19001978/file.html
Size: 178.51 MB
Main Changes:
1. Resolution and atmosphere:
- Was 800*600 now 1024*768
- Was 640*480 now 1280*768
- The whole world in the darkness, no light, no hope. Only darkness, a fog, and monsters.
2. Monsters :
- Increased strength and hp.
- Added new strong enemies - for example Arcane Hunter and Topter.
- Added new normal monsters - for example "Bomber and Scavengers".
- Added 7 superunique monsters: Jarel the Smith, Blood Knight, Martyr of Anger, Martyr of Pain, Martyr of Grief.
- All LoD superuniques were changed.
- Added 2 optional bosses.
3. Locations:
- Some old locations were changed.
- To get to the Cathedral there are three alternative ways.
- Deactivated waypoint in the Dark Wood, added waypoint in the Great dungeon of Souls (quest location)
- Added 14 new levels: Despair Prison, Teoneya's Ruins, Leana's Sanctuary, Long Way Down, Prisoner room, Great dungeon of Souls, Hidden Sector of Jail, Temple of Martyrs, Rat Hole, Rat Passage, Forbidden Garden, Forbidden Jail, Old Crypts, Mausoleum, Teoneya's Labyrinth.
4. Quests:
- All quests were changed.
- if you want to complete of the third quest, at first it is necessary to execute the fourth questSome quest monsters have all immunities except one. With the necessary elements you will find a thing nearby, in the nearest location.
- The secret entrance is in the fourth quest at last ruin level, BUT also there is an infinite cycle of levels without possibility to return back. And so, the entrance isn't designated on the map that it to find it is necessary to direct the cursor at a wall and to search for a ladder disappearing for a wall, in a proper place the ladder will be illuminated by green color. Also the help is absence of a statue of the woman in a wall.
- To get to a final location, it is necessary to kill Last martyr the special weapon. I will write more below.
5. Items and Gold:
- Gold doesn't drop out of monsters and chests in any quantity any more. Now you can find gold coins which can be sold to NPCs in a town. In the first act you'll see, coins to face values 100 and 300 gold (one coin), 500 gold (a small group of coins).
- In the first act you can collect set "Bloody Religion" with which it will be easier to kill final boss. Set parts drop from some super unique monsters. One part of a set is a sword with a name of Laytren - this thing appears practically in each quest so don't throw out it when will find.
6. Mercenary:
- No changes yet.
7. Two optional bosses and an additional quest:
- "The Mad Doctor" and his minions "mad patient" wait for you in location Cave of Madmen. The boss uses Bone Spirit and has aura the Prayer. Reward for his death is charm "Reincarnation Stone"
- "The Rat hunter" - lives in location Rat Nest, reward for his death is charm "Strange thing from a rat nest" and set part of Bloody religion.
- "Teoneya isn't guilty!" - an additional quest, during lifetime of Teoneya have charged of murder of the daughter, but she admitted that loved the daughter Leana and didn't kill her, before death she repeated that isn't guilty and asked to search the house of Leana's stepmother. What to do: It is necessary to find proofs of innocence of Teoneya and to revenge for death of Leana. Having collected all proofs them it is necessary to combine in "a strange bag", as a result we will receive charm.
With changes like everything, but for certain something else I has forgotten...
The basic recipes and helps which will be useful to you:
- Gold coins can be put/combined in "a strange bag", they don't lose cost and quantity.
- To receive "the first unique sword" it is necessary to combine Myrel's Charge and Jarel's Broken Sword As a result we will receive "Laytren - Fury of Enslaved Souls"
- Read quest logs necessarily. There in detail all is described for the current and future quest.
- For the third quest the cup with blood of the murderer (Cup with Blood) is necessary to us. The cup can be found in the Mausoleum, a small bottle of blood we receive from the boss of the fourth quest.
- To get to a final location it is necessary to kill last martyr ONLY a special sword, anything else. A recipe: Laytren - Fury of Enslaved Souls, 3 essences (we receive from three martyrs in Great dungeon of Souls in the top part), the Overseer's Skull and Overseer's Armor (We receive it from two smiths in the Great dungeon of Souls). As a result we will receive unique sword Laytren - The Soul Destroyer.
- Laytren - The Soul Destroyer also a set part the Bloody Religion also is. To make a set sword from unique sword, we put unique sword in "a strange bag" and then press transform. Return operation probably too, but only after S&E.
- Doors - Doors it not only doors, but also portals to other locations. Pay attention of each door.
- The location Forbidden Garden - entrance in this location is the necessary door around monastery vicinities.

Installation:
For playing you must have D2SE Modmanager V2.2.0
Unpack The Black Parade folder in MODS folder in your D2 directory.
Run D2SE Modmanager and select The Black Parade.
Attention! DO NOT RUN MOD IN GLIDE MODE!!!

p.s. I'm very sorry for my bad English

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:09 am

Currently testing .
I will give you feedback for sure.
Since moders here are NEARLY dead im very glad you are working.

Expect the Editing of this post ====

:arrow: 1
At first look , the atmosphere is really really cool , darker , scarier ... but not surprising . If you are concentrated u really cant die and almost nothing can surprise u. Anywho ... I've just completed the first quest , it was amazing , like a story , even had my first set item from a boss.
Nothing special with the skills and stats = builds will be probably the same with little changes of course cuz the gear will be different.Mobs aren't that harder I think ... only the HP gives little problems.Really love the blue glowing creeps u put all over the map - almost gives me Bonus Light Radius :) .
Looking forward to the next quest I will try it tommorow .

BTW - That review was done by an Amazon - Java Build

:arrow: 2
Playing again ... music and dialogs aren't that good basicly emo stuff .
Anyway the second quest was more hard fighting for the blade - Hard again not cuz the boss was strong , but the fact he has to much HP.(Similar to BTH mod). Looking forward to play for Decard Cain . Already found the Cup now seaching for the blood :) and its fun - cuz its new to me . We will see how is going to be further.

PS.I'm really curious bout the other acts , and the balance with difficulties - The balance will be most difficult for u to create since this is going to be hard mod.

Problem 1 Occured - When Creating my new druid just for test , before entering the game after creation - Mod Crashed.
After a Restart of D2 it was done with no further problems.

:arrow: 3
Played with friend to test out all classes - it was horable = 10 crashes for 10 minutes ... maybe thats not fixed yet but its really not cool :x :lol:
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:20 am

here is small fix, unpack it in mod folder and replace files
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/11133333/file.html
prodigypm, thx for testing and posting :) All bugs and other problems(balance also) will fix in full version :)

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:15 pm

Thanks for the fix

Bugs and Probs
- Belt isn't always showing all potions in rows ... just stays the same
- Major random crashes in multiplayer game / Minor but still random in single player
- 4th quest / Finding the door is kinda buggy - I personally dont know how I did it :D
- Paladin has overpowered DMG when comes to a Zeal Build aka . Sacrifice / Zeal / Defiance / Holyshiled
- Automap and basicly the map structure is not finished / Dont know if thats intentional !

BTW - Can you give me some pointers How to kill the fisherman aka . Grislord ?
We're moving faster than lights and dealing with these demons inside so , Where are the ones who made us now!?

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:26 pm

prodigypm, you go the amazon? right? Use a Spider Curse and throw javelins ;)
all doors in 4th quest are hidden :)

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:37 pm

SheX - Lost Mage" wrote:prodigypm, you go the amazon? right? Use a Spider Curse and throw javelins ;)
all doors in 4th quest are hidden :)
Defeated - With the amazon with no curse ... Big Balls rlz :D , And with the zeal of the paladin :)

Im very happy about this mod - and i will expect some new stuff soon :)

EDIT :arrow:
Bug:
Rat Hole - is crashing the mod !
Last edited by prodigypm on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ki4m

Post by ki4m » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:38 pm

nice to see that there is a new version of your mod :D

I love the whole style of it...
gonna check the new verion for sure.

do you plan to redo the skilltree or will the old vanilla skills stay?

edit:
found a bug, you have some bad entrys in the inventory.txt that cause bad inventory pixels wich cause crashs:
http://www.abload.de/img/screenshot001yuxtq.jpg

"Grid Right" and "Grid Bottom" entrys need to be a bit smaller than the true size of the inventory
I need more Dropbox space, pls register using this referal link, so you and me get 250mb more space:
http://db.tt/sbpJWYD1

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt0y5AvuXCA

First Video - TBP Beta Final Fight

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:49 am

Any Updates or such ?

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:56 am

thx for video, next three months of updates won't be

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:46 am

SheX - Lost Mage" wrote:thx for video, next three months of updates won't be
act 2?

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:08 pm

no, next release will be full version

prodigypm
Banned
Champion of the Light

Post by prodigypm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:32 pm

SheX - Lost Mage" wrote:no, next release will be full version
I so inlove with u right now :D
Sry for overspamming but this mod is really good.

I will be waiting the stable and complete version for sure :)

ki4m

Post by ki4m » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:41 pm

could you atleast fix the bad invenory pixels or send me the inventory.txt?

it's causing many gamecrashes while playing...
I need more Dropbox space, pls register using this referal link, so you and me get 250mb more space:
http://db.tt/sbpJWYD1

SheX - Lost Mage
Paladin
Liechtenstein

Post by SheX - Lost Mage » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:35 pm

ki4m" wrote:it's causing many gamecrashes while playing...
I know, I know.. Inventory fix http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/69617952/file.html

Marvell

Post by Marvell » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:20 pm

I can't even kill the thing in the Den -_- lol and I keep getting unhandled exceptions

Return to “Member Аnnouncements”