Items, (New Topic, plz no non-item related posts this time)

Nefarius and Vendanna are missing in action, and this forum is closed until either one returns.
Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Re: Items, (New Topic, plz no non-item related posts this ti

Post by Nefarius » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:25 pm

Uniques ARE in the making right now ;)
I just finished re-writing and balancing all unique ammys and rings :) and all the classic d2 uniques, Ill start re writting the exceptional and elite uniques later on today after ill be less busy :mrgreen:

This IS also the best time to post all your ideas, including stats, as I might include them.

p.s. NO lame stuff like +80000000% enhanced damage.
Last edited by Nefarius on Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:44 pm

[quote=Nefarius";p="60456"]Uniques ARE in the making right now ;)
I just finished re-writing and balancing all unique ammys and rings :) and all the classic d2 uniques, Ill start re writting the exceptional and elite uniques later on today after ill be less busy :mrgreen:

This IS also the best time to post all your ideas, including stats, as I might include them.

p.s. NO lame stuff like +80000000% enhanced damage.[/quote]

how about 8000000% ? :P lol

Edit: No but seriously enhanced stats like 3 x better items would be nice because the stats of the items are pretty low for the level the game is at right now, and maybe some more unix i will tell u in msn tho about one i have in mind..

a question my friend is it possible to make a set over several chars... i mean that if u have someone in ur party with like the 2nd part of a set and u got the first part that it enhances a special aura around both chars without having to activate it.. (like a magical shield) protection aura or something similar :)

just a question (hmmmmmm) ttyl heh

Darky
Last edited by DarkChaoS on Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(¯¯)_ _ _ ____ _ _ _ ,)|_ _ _ _ __________________________________ _ _
//\\8@8@8@8@8@8 / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ \
\\//8@8@8@8@8@8 \_ _ _ _ ___________________________________ _ _ _ /
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

·´¯`v^•¤.¸_ ¯_C¯_H¯_A¯_O¯_S¯_ ¯_I¯_S¯_ ¯_D¯_E¯_S¯_T¯_I¯_N¯_Y¯_ ¯º¤•^v´¯`·

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:30 pm

This is a nice idea, but nontheless the knowledge available to this day is not even nearly enough to implement such a feature.

I did enhance most uniques, thought some of the "to powerful" stuff still has its nice effects BUT they have curses on them as well such as -25 dex/vit/str/enr (on the same item ;)) Thought there are items that give you +250% life which is ALOT specially if your base hp is high (which it will be since I lowered the overal strength requirement so that people can invest more into vit) the lowering thought works only for normal and exceptional stuff, other items have BOOSTED requirements. Im going to finish the exceptionals some time tomorow, I already finished all items up to swords (including swords) Some stuff I removed from the thought such as +to specific skills, charges and +chance to cast X on X.
Thought no one should worry 90% of the uniques have just been tweaked and increased, the really overpowered stuff has been become cursed a bit.
A common curse would be +50-200% requirements, which can be found on many godly items.

Rune words will generally come into play since Most of the high end rune words are VERY useful and mostly dont even contain any curses!

Set items will be somewhere at the point where a single set item is not useful by itself (or lets say not as good as a single unique item) how ever a full set will be much better then a the same amount of uniques.

Remember charges will ONLY be available from scrolls allowing you to cast a specific skill once. Books have 25 charges and cannot be repaired.
*Scrolls are ALWAYS at slvl5 and books are ALWAYS at slvl15
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)

XaFFaX

Items, (New Topic, plz no non-item related posts this time)

Post by XaFFaX » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:52 pm

First of all: sorry for my English, it isn't prefect so there might be some mistakes... Pliz don't kill me :).

I don't know too much about modmaking, so I'm not sure if items I'm writing about are possible to do.
First thing are rare/set/uniqe charms! That would be nice, a few rare charms and you don't have to fill your entire inventory with them to have some nice bonuses. The bonuses don't need to be big, but a few of them on one charm. Next, set charms, what a nice thing that would be :). For example, a small, large and grand charm as one set. They should, of course, give not very big bonuses (let's say like a low non-expansion sets, or even less). Set charms would also not collide with your main sets. There only could be problems with names for them... And also it'd be nice to see some green charms in the inventory for a change :). Uniqe... yessss... Quite a something: have about 20 uniqes in the inventory and all of them being used :D. Uniqe small charms shouldn't spawn with better mods than 3-7% crushing blow, 3-7% open wounds, +1-5% to max resist and such. One of uniqe grand charms could have only a +1-2 to all skills :mrgreen:. All rare/set/uniqe charms should also have quite high lvl req (25+), and be veeery rare.
Next thing are aura enh. uniqes! Yeah, that uniqe-only mod would be, I guess, the most powerfull of all. Imagine - an all time aura for any character and his party! Even a low-level aura (ex. lvl 1 might) would be quite a nice addon for any melee-fighting char. And again, that mod should only be found on very high lvl (70+) uniqes, and not on all off them of course. The aura lvl should be something about 1-5. Defiance, fire, lightning, ice resist, might, prayer, sanctuary - these auras are not very powerful and could be quite useful (as a uniqe addon) for almost any character. And since all monsters are quite powerful now and can spawn with _some_ auras (thorns 8-O ) it could balance the game quite nicely.
Death is the only thing that you can never imagine...

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:56 pm

there are unique charms, you actually will get one as a quest bonus :mrgreen:

As for high level, 70 is not high in this mod, high levels start at 100+.

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:17 pm

charm sets .. doesnt sound tooooo bad :)
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:42 am

Charm sets are impossible without considerable coding. To make a set work, you have to equip the item.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:46 am

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="61663"]Charm sets are impossible without considerable coding. To make a set work, you have to equip the item.[/quote]

thanx ... alot of things to learn for me :D
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:22 am

Some general shots at uniques:
Some of the unique weapons I added today have very nice abilities. One of them doubles your damage but also doubles the damage you take.
The name kind of fits the purpose as its called "Rule of Order".
Last edited by Nefarius on Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:32 am

I thought of this: How about a sword that increases your speed and has a super fast attack? It may have to be balanced with some negs or something, but think of having a super fast sword for a change. And not "VERY FAST ATTACK SPEED" I mean super :) Id like to make a char that will make monsters eat dust while I gut them.

Oh yeah and will frozen orbs be back? those things r cool

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:36 am

You mean those small orbs you used to throw in Xy 8.5? (they were buyable from ormus in act 3) I have something way better then those in the planing, but this remains a secret for now :)

There is 1 sword which is extremly fast 75% IAS, "Bloodboil Blade" it is balanced for the fact its does 1-200 damage and has lifedrain (the nearest I got to bloodboil, oh and it has negative lifesteal, so one must take care to not overdo it with swings (which is hard sinces its so damn fast ;)))

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:21 pm

well, I have a free idea for a set, if you are interested in it its yours :)

its a 5 rings sets (Earth, Air, Water, Fire, Void rings) that can give a good bonus when you paired them with a dfferent ring

let's say... if you pair Fire with Air you get a speacial bonus, and Different if you pair Fire with Water (don't know if it can be done)

in a similar way as the classic set items (every item had a set bonus in green when it was paired with other item of the same set)

of course, since the set its impossible to get completed on the character, you should give in the 2 set items bonus the Complete set bonus. :)

the idea is that every ring had different bonuses like example:

Earth Ring: (earth its the element of the resistance and vitality, it should give high bonus to life and physical resistance but doesn't give attack speed, maybe FHR and should lower your magical resist :))

Earth Represents: Resistance and Will

Physical Damage Reduced
+ Vitality
% FHR
+ AC or %ac per clvl
+% requeriments if you use it in a formule like I was thinking to do in my mod :)

and maybe poison resistance or damage to Demons

Air: opposite to earth, it should give high bonuses to mana and -req)

Magical Damage Reduced
+Energy
% FBR
+ac against missiles attacks
-% requeriments (so you don¡t need to much requeriments to wear items if you use it in crafting recipes :))

and maybe Lighting resistance and mana leech

Air represents: Reflexes and Conscience

Fire represents Agility and inteligence (wrote correctly? doh!)

Water represents strenght and perception

void represents all the four elements in one, it also can be only spawned if you combine the four rings in the horadric cube

its only a idea, maybe you can find it interesting or maybe not ;)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:29 pm

its hard to create a set with 2 or more rings :(, you must use the same itemtype only once per set, else the game will treat 1 ring as all 5 rings.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:46 pm

in that case, make all of them uniques and only can be maked with a secret dark ritual in your horadric cube :)

example: rare ring + stone/earth essence + something that reminds of earth and maybe a rune that never drops or a item that only can be dropped by a hidden monster in the act 3 (witch doctor endugo as example :twisted: ) to make the Earth ring

also, you can drop the Void ring, and make that Air ring and Earth ring are both Quest items (same quest) so you can't have both at the same time :)

the idea is to get 4/5 rings with special bonus that you can't get in normal rings but they also lacks or give negative bonuses to the opposite area

example Earth - Air or Fire - Water

of course, its only a idea, you can implement it as you will or not at all.

also, the Tenseiga now works very good, a very nice weapon that deals no damage and requires 2 hands to use it :)

well, if I remember more ideas I will inform you.

Black Omen's production

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:49 pm

I can make one of the NPCs give them to you as a quest gain maybe.

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:05 pm

basically u could add some "fake" weapons that have like hidden stats lol like no durability or are simple not useable, aka a bow that doesnt work with arrows :P, (cursed items)

then come back to good items, holy items, a weapon that is totally tinted in a color representing an element (heh) well :) and maybe the Gay Weapon allthoughever, pink cotton balls!, deals 50-100 dam, chance to convert enemy = 50%, to stun = 50% over 5 sec, (white item), basic level 20, color trown pink same it looks like a pink potion in the hand and very important it leaves a pink cloud.... yes yes :D

just my 2 pennies :mrgreen:

-- like this: http://www.speedotek.com/cotton.gif
Last edited by DarkChaoS on Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:00 pm

another unique item idea (prefer quest item to assure you can't have two at the same time) the idea is free, and not needed to be used :)

is the Mana sword I think from secret of mana, but I'm not sure in this moment

Mana Sword

-10% IAS (that whole waiting for the timer to go back to 100% thing)

this should be easy to do, only need to make it a high base speed

-50 mana (boy wielding it, he has no magic at all)

probably easy to do with negative % mana

spawns with one of the following mods:

this is easy to do, I will explain later how to do it.

adds X fire damage (enchanted with fire)
Freeze Target +X (enchanted with water)
adds 1-X lightning damage (enchanted with thunder)
X% life steal (enchanted with moon)
+X% damage to demons (enchanted with light)
+X% chance of crushing blow or another Earth essence (enchanted with earth)
+X% enhanced damage (enchanted with mana)

its easy to do, you only need to make 1 unique item with each random mod, and make the monster be capable of drop any of them.

and, since all of them had the same Quest item value, the game should not allow you to have two "mana sword" in the same character (unless you throw one of them)

this also can give you ideas to make random uniques of the same type, since they follow the same "Rarity Sistem" as the unique rings drops :)

of course, this was a idea, you can make your items as you wish with the mods you like.

Black Omen's production

*Astalion*
Arch-Angel

Post by *Astalion* » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:16 pm

[quote=Nefarius";p="61928"]There is 1 sword which is extremly fast 75% IAS, "Bloodboil Blade" it is balanced for the fact its does 1-200 damage and has lifedrain (the nearest I got to bloodboil, oh and it has negative lifesteal, so one must take care to not overdo it with swings (which is hard sinces its so damn fast ;)))[/quote]

Negative life leech? Did you test it? I never got it to work :( . Looks like a nice item though.

[quote=Vendanna";p="62130"]and, since all of them had the same Quest item value, the game should not allow you to have two "mana sword" in the same character (unless you throw one of them)[/quote]

Ive tried that, but actually the value in quest doesnt matter. I have a set of very nice unique items in my mod, all new base items, and all have the value 1 in quest and I can have all different items on one char (I throwed of all and picked them up again), but I can only have one of each.
--About me:
--Links: Forum ToS / Prophecy of Shadows Site / Forum
--Interesting statements: The statement to the right is false - [color=#00ffff]The statement to the left is true - [color=#00ff00]This statement is false

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:20 pm

that could happen because they had different item types.

well, I will test that when I can and post the results later.

Black Omen's production

*Astalion*
Arch-Angel

Post by *Astalion* » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:44 pm

:oops: Yes, that was it, so your idea would work, and be pretty cool 8)
--About me:
--Links: Forum ToS / Prophecy of Shadows Site / Forum
--Interesting statements: The statement to the right is false - [color=#00ffff]The statement to the left is true - [color=#00ff00]This statement is false

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:45 pm

Astalion, edit itemstatcost.txt the negative leech works this way:

If the player has no lifesteal on any other pieces of his equipment, if he has it will just reduce that base lifesteal so its very easy to nullify -100% by simply having +1% somewhere :(

Also a note, You can use negative mana-kill and demon-heal for static life/mana loss.
Last edited by Nefarius on Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:25 pm

Oils, a new aspect of gameplay.

The idea itself was taken from hellfire, I recreated all the oils that existed in hellfire, and gave them the same effects in most cases, there are three categories, each contains 4 oils, common, medium and rare oils. The first all require level 10, the second lvl40 and the last lvl70, they go from simple effects such as +25% dur to indestructible, They work like gems, however some only have weapon effects, other only have armor and shield effects and so on. The lesser versions can be bought from the blacksmith of the corresponding act. The medium and rare oils can only be found by searching, even their effects are very low some times, you should keep them, as they are important for crafting items.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:29 am

sounds as a god addition ^^

I was thinking in Holy Avengers, a class especific swords (usually for Paladins) that will had physical resistance mod since will make your character lack of a shield, and built in damage to demons.

of course its only an Idea, free for all :)

also, if you are interested, I think I can find the DarkStalker character information (an hybrid between Paladin and Assassin) that won the competition in create your own character long time ago in the Diabloii.net forum :)

it may give you ideas for skills if you are interested, of course ;)

Black Omen's production

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:16 am

The Holy Avenger was a rumor people made up durning the D2 Beta tests, for being a special sword for the pally. :roll:

The my char idea goes into the same range, but mines more of a battle mage as you already know :), but the info may be helpful indeed.

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:54 am

how about a HellrazorAxe a humangous axe that deals firedamage and is fast but gives a minus to cold resistant, and dex

or the ElvenAmor +1 to bow skills,+10% mana but low def..

BillGatesMSWind0wz, a shield that looks like a bluescreen.. so basically no function except resistenz against linux >P drop rate very high...
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

Return to “The Stairway to Oblivion”