Question about Barb skills; all characters skills

Nefarius and Vendanna are missing in action, and this forum is closed until either one returns.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Halo-X

Question about Barb skills; all characters skills

Post by Halo-X » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:19 am

Is there a list anywhere (or does Chippy Dip's calc) for the X15 character skills? I'm working on an axe frenzier, and I want to make sure that frenzy is still...frenzy. Also, I've got a few other characters in mind that I'd like to try out, but I've no idea what some of their skills have been changed to. Just curious if you (Nef or Vendanna) have posted a list somewhere, or if anyone else knows about a place I could go to to see the stats/effects of the X15 skills.
When your body dies, it falls into the Earth.

When your mind dies, it falls into Insanity.

When your soul dies, it falls into Oblivion.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Re: Question about Barb skills; all characters skills

Post by Vendanna » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:42 am

you can see in previous pages of this forum a list with the skills of the amazon, barbarian and necromancer (some of them can differ with his requeriments or cost)

and about your axe frenzier, you want to take the same approach as I did when testing the barb a long time ago. (and finished the game in normal without too much problems)

the few things you need to know:

a) Frenzy is not anymore dual wielding skill as is used to be (you still can use it with dual wielding but you only will inflict damage with one weapon, and get the bonuses (speed and AR)

b) there is a lot of very good maces that also attack faster than some axes and do more damage.

c) usually if the item had a different graphic than vanilla d2, usually is better in some way ;)

don't forget use PROVOKE is the best skill in the game for barbarians and you will need to use it a lot, especially against high ranged attackers.

well, that's all for now.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Halo-X

Post by Halo-X » Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:13 pm

Thank you. Alot. So...would you say that double swing would be the way to go? or, both frenzy and double swing (as some say that's how you make a 'pure' Frenzy barb...)

I'm asking this, because in LoD, quite a few people have told me (especially for PvP) that it's best to build a frenzier with both maxed frenzy and maxed double swing, as you get the speed, AR, damge benefits of Frenzy, and you also get the AR boost of D.Swing.

Or (hehe) should I just test it all out myself, and stop worrying about trying to build a very specific character:?::mrgreen:
When your body dies, it falls into the Earth.

When your mind dies, it falls into Insanity.

When your soul dies, it falls into Oblivion.

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:37 pm

Halo-X";p="112480" wrote:Thank you. Alot. So...would you say that double swing would be the way to go? or, both frenzy and double swing (as some say that's how you make a 'pure' Frenzy barb...)

I'm asking this, because in LoD, quite a few people have told me (especially for PvP) that it's best to build a frenzier with both maxed frenzy and maxed double swing, as you get the speed, AR, damge benefits of Frenzy, and you also get the AR boost of D.Swing.

Or (hehe) should I just test it all out myself, and stop worrying about trying to build a very specific character:?::mrgreen:
first, the pure frenzy barb on vanilla lod doesn't use double swing anymore when you have Frenzy at your disposal (since it does more damage and AR while double swing only give you ar and low)

second, the trick was using double swing to pump the Frenzy "attack faster" mod, since it was faster than Frenzy and did two hits inestead of one (that's why they use it)

so the Frenzy guide I know from good friends on other forum was:

maxed Frenzy
maxed Mastery (note that javelins use spear mastery on melee)
Maxed Battle orders
1 point in Berserk
1 Battle command
8-10 natural resists
and then you can use the rest of points on Battle Cry to stun monsters or using good defense with Shout.

now, that was in Vanilla LoD, here some skills have changed, and others are highly needed while in Vanilla are not needed.

as example, a Barb can't survive in Xyrax without Provoke (or that skill that makes monsters come to hit you with melee attack) since Shamans inflict huge damage with their novas, and is the only way to kill a pack of them.

hope this helped you a bit.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

Return to “The Stairway to Oblivion”