Good 'Ol Pally Don

Nefarius and Vendanna are missing in action, and this forum is closed until either one returns.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Rob

Good 'Ol Pally Don

Post by Rob » Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:53 pm

Ok so I've seen lots of talk on necromancers and amazons and sorcresses but no has mentioned the paladons. I think any good party needs a strong paladon. Have there been many or even any changes to him? I know his arus might be tweaked a little, but will we be seeing a lot of changes? And also, a few other mods I have seen you can get certain auras and spells and masteries from books, will we be seing those anytime, because they added a really fun elment of playing a barbarian with lv. 20 might or playing a druid with axe/mace mastries. I hope the pally hasn't been over-looked as an under-used character.
I skate, but I am not a sk8tR boi...do not confuse me again.

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Re: Good 'Ol Pally Don

Post by Yonder » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:04 am

The paladin is one of the characters that haven't been modded by now. So you better shouldn't play one. Stick to the modded chars Amazone, Necro or Barb instead.
About Diablo Mods ---> www.yonder.de/es

Rob

Post by Rob » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:39 am

i've been working with a necro so far, and it's a nice mix of things...I just hope that when the pally is changed, he gets some real changes and not just tweaks on pre-existing spells/skills.

DarkChaoS
Paladin

Post by DarkChaoS » Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:49 am

rob i see u are pretty new, dont worry nefarius is a master at his subject, u will be surprised .. i guarantee
(¯¯)_ _ _ ____ _ _ _ ,)|_ _ _ _ __________________________________ _ _
//\\8@8@8@8@8@8 / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ \
\\//8@8@8@8@8@8 \_ _ _ _ ___________________________________ _ _ _ /
(__)¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯`)|

·´¯`v^•¤.¸_ ¯_C¯_H¯_A¯_O¯_S¯_ ¯_I¯_S¯_ ¯_D¯_E¯_S¯_T¯_I¯_N¯_Y¯_ ¯º¤•^v´¯`·

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:21 am

yeeeesssssssss.... nefarius is the maaaassssster.... we musts listens to the masssster... obey massster...

seriously though, nef knows his stuff. the characters barely resemble theyre former selves... its pretty awesome stuff =)

Elyra

Everything will be alright
Everything will turn out fine
Some nights I still can't sleep
And the voices pass with time
And I keep
Last edited by Elyra on Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rob

Post by Rob » Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:48 am

I'm just tired of lame mods...I want something good, that like reestablishes the gameplay.

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Post by Yonder » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:05 am

Hehe, okay, then you've come to right place. I don't think that there's any person out there that would call this mod 'lame'.

In fact, it's pretty tough. Roundabout 70% of the HC ladder chars on the {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning} server are dead - and the rest is about to die soon... ;)
About Diablo Mods ---> www.yonder.de/es

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:46 pm

yea, i play 2 mods, xyrax and ancients:fury within.. fury for when i just wanna rip stuff apart, and xyrax when i feel like gettin my ass kicked three ways from sunday... its a hella hard mod, ive only made it to act4 so far with my necro... i havent gotten around to reinstalling it yet since i got my comp reformatted... but i havent fought diablo yet...

but anywho, ya, its an insanely tough mod... and i HATE the mana troubles my necro has -_-;;

btw, i was kidding about kissing butt with nef, cuz even if he does have the list somewhere, he would never give it to anyone... we're supposed to figure everything out ourselves... just to add that extra element of 'hard as hell'. he's so cruel...

Elyra
Edit: btw, also, im REALLY looking forward to the Cabal Wars mod right now... looking at it it just TOTALLY changed the level up system, gameplay, skills, graphics, character looks, everything from bottom up. i suggest you look at the site... it'll only come out when 1.10 comes out, or if they take too damned long, then he'll put it out earlier... but it looks like an awesome mod. i think it may be my numero uno once it appears... too bad i may be off to college by that time [knowing blizz, summer holiday wont be working out for them... the bastards.]

And I keep
Last edited by Elyra on Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob

Post by Rob » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:03 pm

Yea I played the Acients a lot...then like it crashed once and any time I tried to play, I could play until I would level up once then the game would crash saying there were unhandled expressions or something....and thus I stopped playing it. Right now though, I'm using my necro and my whyrm(spl?) and my hirling do most of my killing, and i've got skeletons to protect me...I myself use curses and don't have terrible mana issues...not yet...once I invest in serious attacks though I'll be poo'd I think.

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:23 am

yea, untill you hit lvl 42 mana problems are not that severe... but annihilation and supernova start off at a cost of 56 mana, and quickly go to over 100 per cast [my current lvl is i think 12, and it costs 13x mana to cast] fortunately i have over 1100 mana, but it still only gives me 9 casts or so till i run out... tping to town and buying mana pots every 5 minutes gets to be a real drag, specially since none of the other spells [golems/summons] seem to do much of anything anymore... in the end i think any character with melee will do much better, because they wont have such a severe mana shortage. it gets pretty ugly, trust me...

Elyra

And I keep

Rattlecage
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Rattlecage » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:52 am

Hmmm... Doesn't sound nearly as bad as Vanilla D2 where you have to tp to town all the time to refill your mana because mana pots never drop and are never sold.
No beating heart I felt. I brought no sights to the silver lips; no warmth from the gold.

Elyra

Post by Elyra » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:36 am

hmm, i dunno, i never had much mana troubles with my chars in vanilla d2, but mebbe i just had too much overpowered stuff from mfing, mebbe. and my sorc always found tons of mana pots, specially later on. and she played wp to wp, q to q, so i dunno. necro, ya, he had mana troubles, but there were always like 2 in every stone you unturn, or stash you click in, so it was never much of an issue for me... mebbe others have had other experiences, i guess. oh well. and sides, none of the spells in d2 ever cost up to 135 mana, thats just cruel and sick... 'hey, look what i can do!!! but i can only do it 3 times...'

Elyra

And I keep

Return to “The Stairway to Oblivion”