duriel plugin update

Information and updates for all Diablo 2 map plugins by deathfile. If you have any questions or suggestions for the plugins, please post them here.
deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

duriel plugin update

Post by deathfile » Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:11 am

the new version is kinda cool. i seem to have misplaced my real website hehe... but oh well. temporary one at http://www.geocities.com/deathfile123/ where you can download the plugin's full version.

new version added a treasure room, along with a few smaller features. and now there are multiple versions, i would like all of your feedback on which ones i should release.

features:

1. Shrines
2. Obstacles
3. traps/monster spawners
4. chests/weapon/armor stands
5. Waypoint (do whatever you want with this. either add a number in the waypoint column of levels.txt and have a waypoint pointing to duriel's lair, or just use it as an escape so that you can get rid of duriel's town portal scroll drop. another note: since the waypoint is in the treasure room, you should not be able to mule a character straight past act 2 [unless you want me to change it to be like this :mrgreen: ])

the entire level layout is like this (please excuse my text artwork):
|........../......\..................|.................|..............|________
|.........|..._...|.................|.................|..............................|
|..........\.|.*.|./................|..................|___________.......|
|.....................................|........................................|......|
|.....................................|........................................|......|
|.....................................|........__________..............|.....|
|____......**...________|......|......................|______|.....|
.........|..........|.........................|..................*****...........|
.........|..........|.........................|.......................________|
.........|..........|____________|......................|
.........|...................................***.....****......|
.........|_____________________...................|
...............................................|.......................|
...............................................|.......................|
...............................................|____________|

*: entrance
**: Duriel
***: Door that is closed until death of duriel
****: Tyrael
*****: New passageway to treasure room
******: treasure room with waypoint in the middle

so as you can see, duriel cannot be killed without entering the normal way.

i dont recomend changing levels.txt to allow for warping to duriel's lair because thats a lot of free treasure for zero work. but in some mods, like drop mods, that might be appropriate.

for sure there will be a version with all 5 features(already released), a version with all except the waypoint, and a version with no features besides the basic layout change. what else do all you want?

edit: got a temp site up with some screenies and the plugin's full version for download. go to:
http://www.geocities.com/deathfile123/

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:48 pm

looks great!!

Quick question been doing some heavy map editing and can't seem to get shiney chest to spawn with out a error did you make any changes out side ds1 editor. or may be act related?
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

CiViC
Paladin

Post by CiViC » Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:15 am

Awesome!!!

Nice work i really like the idea of a waypoint there !! ;)
[color=339999]"Death , dont try to find it .. it will find you."[/color]
|RPG WORLD||RPGW FORUM||PLANET DIABLO||WEBSITE SOON AVAILABLE|

[color=339999]Do you like RPG ? Do you like Comics ? Visit RPG WORLD!
Comic Every Sunday , Wednesday and Friday![/color]

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:13 am

sorry black, never heard of it not working. are you sure the problem is related to that and not something else in the ds1? uh... make sure you leave space on all sides of the chest (it is bigger than that tiny square on the map editor). can you give a little more information? what ds1 are you editing? what act? what type/id # is the chest you are trying to add, and is it from the same act as the ds1?

P.S. im almost done with my travincal plugin :mrgreen: :lol:

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:10 am

I am sure I isolated it to the chest. I tried in act 1 town /the graveyard and cat4 I believe I left plenty of space but will look into it. I was using the last line in ds1 act1 Sparkling chest when I run game I receive error mode(0) not used by object(0) sorry don’t have notes in front of me for the hole error message.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

DaRtH_sPiRiT
Paladin

Post by DaRtH_sPiRiT » Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:17 pm

man this looks great, i think ill add it to my mod if you dont have any problem
Fear, fear atrackts fear himself, the strong, the weak, the inocent, the corrupt, fear....fear is my ALLY!!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:19 pm

deathfile:

Should I download and add this to the Keep's map plugins area...or have you already shipped a copy to Phrozen Heart?
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Kato
Retired staff
Virtue

Post by Kato » Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:00 pm

:?: Great job, Deathfile. I've used your previous iteration of the Lair in my Mod. Thanks for that.

One point about this new map that concerns me though. Putting a Waypoint so close to an Act Boss is an open invitation for players to do "Duriel runs" without having to plod through the Tombs. Something I'm not a big fan of.

But, hey, to each their own.
"Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed." - D.Vader
Zy-El: Trial by Fire Mod Forum: http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=53
Zy-El website: http://www3.telus.net/zyel/index.html Zy-El wiki: http://zyel.wikispaces.com/

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:30 am

@jeff: oops forgot to mail phrozen :oops: if its not too much trouble, it would be great if you could download it and upload it.

@DaRtH_sPiRiT & others: of course i dont have a problem, it is a plugin after all, to be used by all in any mod they want. just make sure you say where you got it from.

@Kato: yeah, it will definitely open up a lot of duriel runs, that is why i was talking about multiple versions. which combinations do you think are appropriate? i dont fell like realeasing more than a few variations. also, if you dont change levels.txt, this waypoint will be one way- you can go to town and any other place from it, but not back, which i think is kind of cool.

P.S. im trying to get a better site up. Before, to make my old site, i was using dreamweaver mx, which was great. however, my 30 day trial expired, and im not about to go buy the blasted thing. does anyone know of something that can create a page similar to perfect cells? ( http://www.planetdiablo.com/es/ ) with a side bar that always stays open and stuff.
i do know a little html, but to make a site that will be semi-usable will involve more than i know. microsoft front page isnt cutting it for me. its giving me all these crazy problems.

SiLenTx
Retired staff
Angel

Post by SiLenTx » Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:53 am

deathfile" wrote:does anyone know of something that can create a page similar to perfect cells? ( http://www.planetdiablo.com/es/ ) with a side bar that always stays open and stuff.
i do know a little html, but to make a site that will be semi-usable will involve more than i know. microsoft front page isnt cutting it for me. its giving me all these crazy problems.
PC used frames on his site that can be created in simple html and MS Frontpage... Oh and it can be made out of Dreamweaver as well but I don't recommend having frames on a site. Not all browsers supported it and sometimes it can screw your page viewing on another browsers... Just my :2c: Goodluck and have fun ;)

mrelfire
Angel

Post by mrelfire » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:40 am

Waoohooo!
a very beautiful/good work

Why not increasing the size (double it for example) to make more fun with few monsters (which monster am I going to fight duriel or not, and when).
It seems you have a lot of ideas, but not enough space to put them :D

DaRtH_sPiRiT
Paladin

Post by DaRtH_sPiRiT » Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:20 pm

thx deathfile ill add it to my mod :mrgreen:
Fear, fear atrackts fear himself, the strong, the weak, the inocent, the corrupt, fear....fear is my ALLY!!!

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:55 pm

mrelfire" wrote: Why not increasing the size (double it for example) to make more fun with few monsters (which monster am I going to fight duriel or not, and when).
It seems you have a lot of ideas, but not enough space to put them :D
im not sure i understand you. i did make it a lot bigger, as you can see for yourself if you download it.

BTW, a better website is coming. as is the travincal plugin.

can anyone think of a good name for the website? its not a mod site, so i cant call it that. for example, incandenscent one's site is called incandescence. for now, its called "deathfile's house of maps" but that sounds REALLY corny. :mrgreen:

Kato
Retired staff
Virtue

Post by Kato » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:29 pm

8) How's about "Deathfile's Sanctuary"?
"Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed." - D.Vader
Zy-El: Trial by Fire Mod Forum: http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=53
Zy-El website: http://www3.telus.net/zyel/index.html Zy-El wiki: http://zyel.wikispaces.com/

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:49 pm

Kato" wrote:8) How's about "Deathfile's Sanctuary"?
sounds good to me! :mrgreen:

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:00 pm

How about "house of the deathfiles"? :lol: ;)

Seriously now, Deathfile's Sanctuary sounds really cool.

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:31 pm

website up! see it at the NEW URL at http://www.angelfire.com/games5/deathfile/index.htm

travincal plugin is available there too.

the_Langolier
Banned
Warrior

I like IT FAST

Post by the_Langolier » Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:17 am

..........Post edited by Zhoulomcrist..........

First warning is for spamming.

Second warning is for using other folks' avatars by linking straight from their site without permission.

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:59 am

Downloads in progress. Will check these out real soon. Sounds like they're gonna be real cool :) .
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:23 am

Hey deathfile, how about some of these new plugins for the Keep? Or better yet, how about having "Deathfile's Sanctuary" hosted at PD as our map making center?
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:38 am

PhrozenHeart" wrote:Hey deathfile, how about some of these new plugins for the Keep? Or better yet, how about having "Deathfile's Sanctuary" hosted at PD as our map making center?
i wouldnt reject to either one of those :mrgreen:

how do i get it hosted at PD? ive seen this ( https://d2mods.info/site/faq-hosting.php ), but who deals with this more, phrozen or jeff?

another note about the travincal plugin: this one is much more minor than the duriel one. mainly only changes location of the council.

and for my next plugin: it will be a town. probably act 2 town, but maybe any that isnt 1 (im not gonna go making 4 maps for one location - 2 is my max) of course, since npc paths are not yet editable, the npcs will have to stay still if they are moved. would anyone care about that?

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:57 am

town maps are a little time consuming but if you do all 4 at one time using a lot of cut and past it goes pretty fast took me a little over 6 hours to do all four maps for act1 take a look if you like (shamelessly promoting my mod :) ) just posted two Screen shots of new maps in my mod. I will be working on act sometime this week so we may be able to compare notes if the need arises

Good modding

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:44 am

website updated, added two more types of the duriel plugin. also note the address is slightly changed again: either add an 'l' to the end (index.html or take away the index altogether.

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/deathfile/

or

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/deathfile/index.html

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:39 am

deathfile" wrote:
PhrozenHeart" wrote:Hey deathfile, how about some of these new plugins for the Keep? Or better yet, how about having "Deathfile's Sanctuary" hosted at PD as our map making center?
i wouldnt reject to either one of those :mrgreen:

how do i get it hosted at PD? ive seen this ( https://d2mods.info/site/faq-hosting.php ), but who deals with this more, phrozen or jeff?
Either/or...doesn't matter which of us you send the info to...it'll get to where it needs to go. But I'll be honest, Phrozen has more dealings with the powers that be at Planet Diablo. Still, I'd say e-mail him and "cc" me on the message so that we both stay in the loop. :)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

mrelfire
Angel

Post by mrelfire » Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:53 am

Just to explaine me a little bit regarding the size.
My thought you have done 3 rooms with a map of 45*45
why not not 3 or more in a map of 90*90
It was just a thought

Return to “Deathfile's Sanctuary”