Congrats...

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

aRacHnE
Paladin

Congrats...

Post by aRacHnE » Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:52 pm

Woot! First post while its Hot! 8-O In behalf of TFW staff, I would like to deliver some Congratulation Mug to you Black Heart :beer: and a goodluck note for this upcoming great mod! 8) I'll keep an eye for it {:-)

And lastly, Advance Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)
"when things go bad r'member u have 2 options...swallow or spit!" ~dahLia®

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:11 pm

Thank you aRacHnE

I am working diligently trying to get a playable version of the mod available to the modding community but am waiting on a release until I have more of the bugs worked out.

But have plans of releasing a Demo of act 1 in the next few months.
But will have to squeeze in some time to play TFW

“all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

om
Champion of the Light

Post by om » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:31 pm

i find it fun to make mods lol, i only need a break when iv been doing it 8 hours strait +.

well anyway your mod always seemed prety funky, and finaly u have a forum, you shouldhave got one earlier :D
My new msn: om_silverbolt@hotmail.com
Add me :)

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:04 pm

OM don’t get me wrong mod making is very enjoyable to me But as you say 8+ hours and the texts begins to squirm. :{O}:
I enjoy playing the game as much as modding it and its always good to see what other modders have done to get a prospective on what can be done. I play or at least test all new mods here at the keep (I have played Crusades to) :)
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:39 pm

Congratulations lucky bastard. :P
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:00 pm

Thanks Brother Laz

Seems everyone knows my mother :lol: jk

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:54 pm

My congratulations to you Black Heart, it is nice to see one more project hosted :)

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:58 am

Splendid Work, Black Heart. The map work in this mod is more than amazing :) . I was actually visiting your site over a week ago and after learning of your site being hosted by Planetdiablo, I expected that it wouldn't be long at all before this forum emerged. :)

Congratulations and best of luck. I'll most definitely play this mod quite extensively to see what all you've done.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:00 pm

Thanks for the kind words Zhoulomcrist
I have been eagerly awaiting the release of Cryptforge :twisted:

More maps to come as I redesign the quest and as Paul updates his greater tools. :D

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:37 pm

Black Heart" wrote:I have been eagerly awaiting the release of Cryptforge :twisted:
Thanx :) . I've been eagerly awaiting to release it and now the time is not far in the least.

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open as this mod continues to develop and flourish :) .

The map-work was one of the things that really caught my eye on your site upon looking at it and, after seeing it, I'm glad I took the time to check them out. :)

Keep up the great work :) .
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

Eisead
Champion of the Light

Post by Eisead » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:45 am

Yah, ditto...

So whens is Version 1.0 coming out, or has it?

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:28 am

Eisead

I am working diligently trying to get a playable version of the mod available to the modding community but am waiting on a release until I have more of the bugs worked out.

But have plans of releasing a Demo of act 1 in the next few months.

As stated in a previous post in this topic. ;)

the daeth of rats

Re: Congrats...

Post by the daeth of rats » Fri May 23, 2003 8:30 pm

they say version 1.10 will be coming out sometime soon, problebly around the time you finish your mod, mabey before, mabey a bit after, meaning you will need to make a new one soon. mabey you shoukd just wait till 1.10 and get the stuff that wont be changed done now.
iv just started reading the books, which are great. mabey you should repalce the deasert mercs with paladin mercs (the image of the pally for the deasert ones and make them use swords, but keep everything else the same) so an aes sedai can have a warder hierling. mabey you should give them Whirl wind because in the trolloc attack, in from the two rivers, lan fought like a whirl wind barb, seeminly attacking in "10 places at once"
SQUEAK

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Congrats...

Post by Black Heart » Fri May 23, 2003 9:12 pm

1.10 has been dew out for close to a year will be more then likely is a few months away yet. I have taken this into consideration well making this mod It will not be released until well after 1.10 has made its appearance on the scene. I have been working on things that will not be affected by the changes in 1.10 for the most part.

Replacing the animations for a merc is a huge task as character animation are make in 16 multiple part directions and merc only use 8 single part animations it is possible with some of the recent tools but at this point in time I have not decided to under take the task that is to say that I may in the future but not at this time.

As to giving whirlwind to the pally it is not feasible the barb uses special graphics well using whirlwind but zeal would work as well fast muti-opponent attack.

And keep in mind the pally is now the Warderclass. For more information or suggestions feel free to visit my site and concept forum.

I hope that you enjoy the books. There are a few links to WOT web sites on my link page that are really good for reference.

Return to “Wheel of Time”