WoT Storyline so far

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.
aardvark

WoT Storyline so far

Post by aardvark » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:28 pm

Blackheart knows the general direction we're going in, here, but I thought I'd post the script so far for everyone's scrutiny.

I have Akara's quest lines and Kashya's quest lines written out. I have some of the voice files procured. Now I am tightening the quests up by giving the NPC's lines ABOUT the quests. Then I'll trudge on to quest three.

Share any thoughts you have here.

Warriv: Introduction

Greetings, traveler! Merry wanderings. I am Maxillian, devote follower of the Way of the Leaf. You look as though you’re just passing through; but I would not advice leaving the village. The details are a bit hazy, but rumors are flying through this town like a wildfire. The Dragon’s Fang was scrawled into old Gheed’s door last night, though I doubt anything will come of it.
I see that you’re armed. {He frowns at you, but keeps speaking.} The Village wisdom is looking for warriors – Thomas Longhorn went missing last night and I think she’s coordinating a search party. Ah, well… It was nice meeting you. I have some business to finish up. Feel free to drop by some time and take a load off. The tea’s always hot and the food freely given.

Warriv: Q1 Havn’t Left Yet

I’m a bit offended by this whole affair. I can sympathize with them missing a village lad, but they’ve all but openly accused me of kidnapping the boy!

Warriv: Q1 Incomplete

Do you know? Their so-called search party returned early and insisted on looking through all of our wagons? Such nerve! And now I’m missing my best quilt and my favorite hat... I really don’t like villages, sometimes.

Warriv: Q1 Complete

I heard the bad news. While I don’t agree with your methods, I must say that what you did was admirable, stranger.

Warriv: Q2 havn’t left yet

What’s happened with Marla? She ran past me without so much as a “Hello…”

Akara: Introduction

Can I help you? If not, I’m dreadfully busy. Blood and ashes… but where have my manners gone? I am Ninya, the village wisdom. If you get injured or fall ill, I am the person to see. Now, if you’ll excuse me…

Akara: Quest One Give:

Oh! But wait a moment – have you heard? One of the village children has gone missing; Thomas Longhorn. You’ve just missed the search party, I’m afraid, but if you are about to leave town anyway, I was hoping you could keep an eye out for him… he’s about three feet tall, with red hair and a pegged leg. You couldn’t possibly mistake him for another boy. … You will? I can’t tell you how much that will mean to Mrs. Longhorn…

Akara: Quest One Incomplete

You’re still looking for him? Thank you, stranger. Your efforts will not go unrewarded, I assure you. However, the other villagers haven’t been able to turn up so much as a scent of the boy. We’re all starting to worry…

Akara: Quest One Complete:

Dead? Slain by Shadow Spawn? This can’t be real… it’s like some sort of embodied nightmare. I must go inform Mrs. Longhorn. Things are about to change here, for the worse I’m afraid. There will be a council meeting later this evening, I’ll see to that. You didn’t bring his body? Don’t worry, we’ll take care of that. If you’ve killed the Shadow Spawn like you claim, you’ve done far more than enough. Before I go, please – take my blessing. Its not much of a reward, I know, but it is the least I can do… Thank you, stranger. The whole village is grateful.

Kashya: Introduction

Hello, stranger. We don’t get a lot of your type around here. I’m Marla, Mistress of Hunting. We keep an eye on things and make sure no one goes hungry, come wintertime. Lately we’ve been playing watchdog around the village. People’ve been seeing things at night… dark things. It’s been pretty tense around here. If you need arrows or a bow, I can’t help you. Amara and the Peddler Duncan make all of our supplies. I’m about to head back home – it’s been a busy day. I’m just waiting on a friend of mine. You’re leaving town? Well, it was nice to meet you. Maybe I’ll see you on your way back.

Kashya: Q1 and havn’t left yet.

Oh, hello again. No, I’m not a part of the search party, but a lot of the other hunters are. They’re all great trackers – they’ll find him in no time.

Kashya: Q1 incomplete

I changed my mind and went out looking for the little scamp. Light alone could find that boy. I tore around the whole Blood Moor and couldn’t find him. I hope he isn’t at the bottom of one of those bogs…

Kashya: Q1 Done

Oh… Light. {filtered} a Bloody Pearl. Dead? What else could go wrong today?

Gheed: Intro

Greetings! I am Duncan, the Peddler from afar! I bring with me amazing artifacts from distant lands! Some of them are so amazing, even I don’t know what they are! Step right up and examine my menagerie of wondrous things! Don’t be shy – just don’t touch anything.

Kashya: Q2 Give

I ran all the way here… I got home and my cows were dead… my entire home was being ripped apart! There was a man there… in a black cloak… and… I saw his face, Oh Light, I saw his face… and his minions. They were… I don’t know if I’m going insane or not. They were Trollocs. I barely escaped with my life. My livelihood… my home. Gone. And the village is definitely in danger.

You must be joking. You’d be insane.

You’re serious.

Yes. Just follow the road, it leads to my farm. May the Light guard and protect you.

Kashya: Q2 Havn’t Left yet

Just follow the road from our town to my farm. If you find yourself in the Stony Field, you’ve gone too far. Stick to the road.
…and be careful. I mean it.

Kashya: Q2 Incomplete

What? An army of shadow spawn and darkfriends? On the road? Oh light…

Kashya: Q2 Complete

We heard that thing scream from here, Stranger. You are amazing. I have someone here who’d like to meet you. She’s one of my best hunters. She’s on the quiet side… you two will get along great. Here she comes now…
Last edited by aardvark on Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Little Eddie

Re: WoT Storyline so far

Post by Little Eddie » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:46 pm

very nice work aardvark!

It sounds like you are doing a great job creating a storyline.
Once again....thank you all for listening to me ramble.....

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:06 am

Very nice work Bart :headbang:

I’ll be making some updates to the site to include some of this information
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:41 pm

Excellent scripting, I only noticed a few things of any note:

Warriv: Intro
The Dragon’s Fang was scrawled into old Gheed’s door last night, though I doubt anything will come of it.
this should be Duncan not Gheed

Kashya: Intro
People’ve been seeing things at night…
This would look better as:

People have been seeing things at night...

Other than that, looks wonderful! :D

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

Fortitude

Post by Fortitude » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:03 am

Sounds good so far.
Just one thing, if Warriv/Maxillian is going to be a tinker maybe his greeting should be:

Welcome stranger, do you know the song? No? Then we seek still, As it was, so shall it be, if we but remember, seek and find.

And then have him introduce himself and the rest of it. I took this greeting from the book when Perrin meets the tinkers.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Happiness is a beltfed weapon

aardvark

Post by aardvark » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:15 am

Ah! Good catch, Fortitude!

reiyo_oki - The file on my end has those fixes made :)
Last edited by aardvark on Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Wheel of Time”