Lights! Camera ... Script Update from Aardvark =)

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.
aardvark

Lights! Camera ... Script Update from Aardvark =)

Post by aardvark » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:49 am

Well, it looks like I am writing up the script for the quests as well as the gossip.

Right now, I am writing up "The Den of Evil"'s dialogues.

I think that the map for this quest should be very small, like a glade, with lots of trees. (This fits with what I have written better, but a cave would work as well.)

Also, to increase the difficulty and make the quest less boring, there should either be a champion group or a boss with minions standing gaurd in there.

And... for the sake of storyline...

The Village Wisdom (Akara) mentions to you that a boy is missing.

So, you stumble into the cave, or the glade, and wherever this champion group spawns, the graphic for Wirt's Body should be there, and renamed to whatever the missing boy's name is. You complete the quest when the champions die, but I think this would be a cool change to The Den of Evil's quest. Maybe give it a spiffy name, like uh... "The Missing Boy."

:P

Black-Heart, do you want me to post the script here, so far, or is it a secret kind of thing?

I've already gotten Akara's introduction, aes sedai introduction and quest speeches done, as well as Warriv's introduction for non-warder characters. (Still messing with the text to make it look right when its scrolling)

I'll want to record voice files, I think, or at least try. Only problem is that I can't open the MPQ files to see what i'd need to name the .wav's :(

I know, I'm a newb... :cry:

Also... you need to tell me what the NPC names are going to be, or else it's going to be an entire village refering to eachother as "The Blacksmith" and "The Village Wisdom" lol.
Last edited by aardvark on Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Lights! Camera ... Script Update from Aardvark =)

Post by Black Heart » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:24 pm

Also... you need to tell me what the NPC names are going to be, or else it's going to be an entire village refering to eachother as "The Blacksmith" and "The Village Wisdom" lol.
Feel free to use your imagination on the names.
I'll want to record voice files, I think, or at least try. Only problem is that I can't open the MPQ files to see what i'd need to name the .wav's

To open the patch I use MPQ View v1.1b and you need the newest MPQ Datafile
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Return to “Wheel of Time”