time line

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.
Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Need a few dedicated wot fans

Post by Black Heart » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:29 am

Actually was thinking of a time in a future age where the forces of light have taken heavy loses and the dark one has been released to wreak havoc upon the world. It will be up to our heroes to reseal the dark ones prison and restore order to the wheel.

In this way I have a greater leeway in creating a world compatible to that witch is used in Diablos heavily monster populated setting.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:45 pm

you know...it's possible to remove lots of enemies completely from the game. you could do that, and say...increase the difficulty of the ones you leave it. If you did this, you would also need to increase the experience a lot, unless you were using a low-level system.

Of course, there are always those battles loke the one at Tear...those are fun... :twisted:

If you go with the massive monster population idea, I'd suggest using Tarmon Gaidon as your setting, that would give it more of a reasonable feel, and a better reason for all the beasties.

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

Little Eddie

Post by Little Eddie » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:50 pm

hmmm..using Tarmon gaidon (sp?) is a good idea, or actually not in itself, but as the consquence of failing..possibly a restart of the trolloc wars wopuld help with a huge monster population..a new swarm pouring out of the blight so to say..and I do remember (I think) that there were many shadow spawn not seen before or not seen in thousands of years, this leaves open a huge area for monster ideas/development..

I do have a few question about the ajah problem you posed me BlackHeart..since only the sorceress seems to be Aes Sedai, are you thinking of just focusing on a few, or are youu going to try to implement many..

one possiblity is to change the druid (have you already decided who this class is?) and using the same sorceress animations for the druid, you effectivly get a whole new sorceress class so that the different ajahs can have vastly different skills..

Back to the question of reaserch.it would be easier if we focused on 1 ajah at a time, so pick one and point me in the direction you want and I will find some ideas for you.

thanx for your consideration in letting me help! :)

-Eddie
Once again....thank you all for listening to me ramble.....

Fortitude

Re: time line

Post by Fortitude » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:09 am

one possiblity is to change the druid (have you already decided who this class is?)
The druid is gonna be called "WolfBrother", a character much like Perrin and Elyas (spelling?). Fits in nicely with the wolf summoning skills etc

:wolfgang:
Happiness is a beltfed weapon

Little Eddie

Post by Little Eddie » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:28 am

Yes, I remembered that a bit later, but forgot to edit what I had been thinking..
Once again....thank you all for listening to me ramble.....

the daeth of rats

Post by the daeth of rats » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:47 am

iu say vastly increase manster density, but decrease monster hp- after all, in the books, its realy easy to kill trolocs, eexpecialy for taveren
SQUEAK

Avalanchez

Post by Avalanchez » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:04 am

I have no idea in which direction the story runs after book 10, so placing the story in a distant future and hoping to be correct to the books is imo a bad idea... I doubt even Jordan knows where the story leads him just before tarmon gai'don.

given you cannot hope to be fully in sync with the storyline from the books, i always thought in this mod you would actually battle the dark lord himself, or maybe a mad dragon reborn. anyone wants to win a battle as epic as possible, right?
that way, you can get more ideas for monsters anyway, without having to stick to aiel.

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:52 am

[quote=Avalanchez";p="146987"]I have no idea in which direction the story runs after book 10, so placing the story in a distant future and hoping to be correct to the books is imo a bad idea... I doubt even Jordan knows where the story leads him just before tarmon gai'don.

given you cannot hope to be fully in sync with the storyline from the books, i always thought in this mod you would actually battle the dark lord himself, or maybe a mad dragon reborn. anyone wants to win a battle as epic as possible, right?
that way, you can get more ideas for monsters anyway, without having to stick to aiel.[/quote]

The out come of the books will have no relationship to the mods story line at all as was stated this mods time line is in a far distance future

The wheels begins a new age

I in no way am trying to make this mod based on the events of the books. But rather on the concept of the world in witch they take place.

As we read this Bart is creating a original story we will have to see were it leads us.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Shaeen M'taal

Post by Shaeen M'taal » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:28 am

That comment about the mad dragon reborn made me think.... since the wheel has been repeating this thing between the dark and light over and over infinity behind, it could be safe to set it in the ancient past, an age long before the age of legends... maybe the first age... or the third age of 2 turns ago.. or someting... that gives a lot of leeway without the difficulty of the possible end of the books ending the dark one for all eternity... and I remember Jordan wrote a letter responding to someones questions about the old tongue, and said that the first scene he had in his head was the ending.. so i think he knows where its going...

Return to “Wheel of Time”