WOT skills

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.
Canadian Eh?

WOT skills

Post by Canadian Eh? » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:45 pm

Hey I was just on the WOT mod website and it looks great. I was just wondering wut the skills will b like if anyone knows.
thnx.

Fortitude

Re: WOT skills

Post by Fortitude » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:51 am

Welcome to the Keep :wave:

Only two characters have had potetntial skill lists done, the Aiel (Zon) and the Asha'man (heavily modded Necro). Both of these skill lists can be found in the forum. Please look through the forum before posting, I know it takes ages but a lot of your questions may already be answered.
Last edited by Fortitude on Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Happiness is a beltfed weapon

Canadian Eh?

Post by Canadian Eh? » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:08 pm

Ok sorry bout that and thnx. 4 the info.

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:25 pm

I am working on adding a basic skill set to page 3 of all characters they are as follows.

1.Doge
2.Avoid
3.Evade
4.leap
5.Increaded speed
6.Increased stamina
7.Concentrate
8.Critical strike
9.Natural resistances
10.Valkyrie/Warder

Feel free to post your thoughts as always.
;)
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:05 am

rather than Valkyrie/Warder, I would suggest bodyguard, or something similar, since only the Aes Sedai use the warder bond, and anyway, a warder would not benefit from working for a person who can't channel, as they would gain no strength, speed, or constitution.

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:21 am

It is a general misconception that the link between an warder and the magic user be it a (Aes Sedai or an Asha’man both of witch use the bond) That the warder receives some type of bounces is simply untrue the share a mind link with allows a limited form of empathy and direction sense but that is about it. So the skill on the Aes Sedai and Asha’man character class will have a warder and others will have some form of summon ally be it a Valkyrie or other to be stated at a later time.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Fortitude

Post by Fortitude » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:44 pm

It is a general misconception that the link between an warder and the magic user be it a (Aes Sedai or an Asha’man both of witch use the bond) That the warder receives some type of bounces is simply untrue
Waaiiiit a minute, if warders dont get any extra bonuses from the bond how do you explain the fact that Lan can go for days without sleep? Or how Elayne used the bond to save Birgitte(with the increased healing from the bond)?
Its the Aes Sedai that may not get any bonuses from the bond(they might but they arent telling).
Happiness is a beltfed weapon

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:57 pm

you're right...the Aes Sedai or Asha'Man dont recieve bonuses from the bond (that they speak of anyway)

The warders however DO get some bonuses, like the ones listed above. Also they have some talent with the power due to the bond, thus giving them an initiative in battle or stealth situations.

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

Little Eddie

Post by Little Eddie » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:59 pm

from what i understood (after re-reading the whole series) was that the bond creates an empathic link witha direction sense..the only other obvious bonus I remember was that it helped warders detect shadowspawn (can't remember which book this was in, one of the earlier ones...)

I will remember more later I am sure now that I am thinking about it..

edit: just remembered..thier battle skills came from the intensive training at the tower..NOT from the link..although if a way is found to add the abilities of thier cloaks (new skill possibly) that is a bonus not from training
Last edited by Little Eddie on Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once again....thank you all for listening to me ramble.....

Return to “Wheel of Time”