Aiel skill changes

Information and updates for the Wheel of Time mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. NOTICE: This project has been scrapped in lieu of the Shadow Empires mod.
Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Aiel skill changes

Post by Black Heart » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:49 am

Some proposed skill changes for the Aiel this is a rough draft and may not be feasible. I am attempting to learn skill editing at this time. Some or all skill will be modified to some extent to better fit the correct feel of the character feel free to post your thoughts On new skill names or skill suggestions

Skill page one Javelin and spear skills

Jab
Power strike
Spear Mastery (looking into extending this to javelins as well )
Impale
Stun
Concentrate
Blessed Aim
Fend
Fanaticism
Conviction

Skill page two Passive

Inner site
Critical strike
Dodge
Increased stamina
Avoid
Penetrate
Cloak of shadows
Evade
Salvation
Pierce

Skill page three Bow

Sacrifice
Might
Burst of speed
Ice Arrow
Exploding Arrow
Vengeance
Guided Arrow
Strafe
Berserk
Multi Shot
Last edited by Black Heart on Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

The Shadow Has risen!!!! Warped Tiles

Little Eddie

Re: Aiel skill changes

Post by Little Eddie » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:03 am

I am a huge fan of the books, and have been quietly watching your mod and am very excited about it..

I think maybe Berserk on an Aiel (amazon) may be a bit much..it sounds really cool, but it seems that the bonuses would overpower an already very strong class..

just a few thoughts, and I am coming up with many more with which to torment you with! ;)
Once again....thank you all for listening to me ramble.....

reiyo_oki
Retired staff
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by reiyo_oki » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:52 pm

have you managed to get the bow mastery skill working properly? I remember reading somewhere on the forums that the weapon masteries don't like ranged weapons...they tend to give the bonus to ALL weapons that are equipped rather than the specified one in skills.txt.

Reality is different for each person; What one person sees, another does not. It's all a matter of perspective. This is my reality, I'll live it as I choose.

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
"Who desires peace should prepare for war."
- Vegetius De Rei Militari III

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:19 am

I am working on this very thing. will let yall now what comes of this.
Sometimes we win with greater firepower, through sheer numbers or more powerful weapons, but for the most part it is knowledge that defines our victories. Know something and it has lost its power over you.

Future Trunks
Warrior

Post by Future Trunks » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:22 pm

I have an idea for making the bow mastery skill work:

-Make four new stats in itemstatcost. The first will only need one save/sendbit, and the others should give dmg%/attack rating/critical strike based on the first (op 2, op param 0).
-Make all arrows/bolts provide a (automagic) bonus of 1 to the first stat
-Make the bow mastery skill, and let it give bonuses to the three latest stats. The value you input for these three stats will(should) work exactly the same as for the other masteries, except it should work with bows.

Please note that I haven't tested this, and hence cant be sure that it really works. The reason I put the bonus on the arrows is so you wont have to lose a modifier slot on your bows. If this works as I think it should, a bad part (not so big) would be an empty row on all arrows/bolts, but that shouldn't be devastating to the mod. For skill description, you could make some fake calc fields, so it wont display zero for all those stats in the skill description when you dont have any arrows/bolts.

I also want to say that this mod looks very interesting, keep the good work up! :rightthumb:

Fortitude

Post by Fortitude » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:00 pm

Just wondering, what is the point in having critical strike if you're going to have masteries? Wouldn't this make the % chance for a critical strike too high if a player invested in both of these?
Happiness is a beltfed weapon

Black Heart
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Black Heart » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:53 am

Future Trunks.

I will give this a try and see if I can get it to work.:)

[quote=Fortitude";p="137296"]
Just wondering, what is the point in having critical strike if you're going to have masteries? Wouldn't this make the % chance for a critical strike too high if a player invested in both of these?
[/quote]

Very valid point may try changing the critical strike to a new state.

Return to “Wheel of Time”