Ideas for WWC2

Information and teasers for the upcoming When Worlds Collide 2 mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.
Drac0
Retired staff
Angel
Australia

Ideas for WWC2

Post by Drac0 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 3:21 pm

Just want to throw ideas for WWC2 open for community comments & suggestions. So if anyone has any comments to make, feel free to post.

Here's the first couple of things I'm looking at doing:
  • Removal of class specific items - and instead have class specific mods appear on almost any item. Not sure really what to do about claw class weapons yet tho, but have a couple of thoughts. A few examples:
    • Mauls would spawn with either Druid or Barb skills
    • Wands & orbs would spawn with either Necro or Sorceress skills
    • Maces/scepters with Paladin or Barb skills
    • Clubs with Druid skills
    • Bows with Zon skills
    • Staves with any class skills
    • Armors could spawn with skills for ANY class, or perhaps different items spawn with different class mods.
  • Introduction of crystals or such that can add various elemental changes to items. They would work similar to the way gems do now, but without the socketing, using the cube instead. And be a fair bit rarer than gems as well
I have a lot more ideas floating around in my head, but that's a start. Any feedback would be appreciated.

KroniK
Retired staff
Paladin

Re: Ideas for WWC2

Post by KroniK » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:50 pm

I'd keep class-specific items, with certain skill mods to the appropriate items. Besides, a Barb looks so much cooler with a Guarian Crown than with any other helm.
"They say ignorance is bliss ... They're wrong"

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Post by Desocupado » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:05 pm

There is a middle term for that...
What about spawning class specific unique itens?
This way there wouldn't be a waste of cool graphics...

Madness

Post by Madness » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:44 pm

you should make the items each class use the least the main wepons, like a barb with a wand that does alot of damage, or a necro with a sword that does {filtered} damage but has good +skills, these look funny on the characters and it will give a unique look in the character select screen, thats what i think, :) i always wanted to use a wand or a orb on a barb and do good damage, or a bow on an necro, the possiblity's are endless! and fun :roll:
Ma[fade]dness.......[/fade]?

[sub][fade]I am legally insane.[/fade][/sub]

Return to “When Worlds Collide II”