Better Scaling Summons? (1.13c)

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Better Scaling Summons? (1.13c)

Post by zjat » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:46 pm

I'm trying to find a way to make summons scale better, especially with auras, warcries, spirits. Right now they scale additively and this results in pretty low values from outside effects.

Is there a way to give summons flat damage/life/defense, maybe by referencing monstats?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Better Scaling Summons? (1.13c)

Post by Cypress » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:21 pm

zjat, you can add flat values by giving the minion the stat through their aurastats/passivestats. For example, if you want to give a minion +1 defense per value of some stat or skill, all you'd need to so is add in the stat armorclass and set the calc to scale with the value of your minion defense bonus stat/skill.

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Re: Better Scaling Summons? (1.13c)

Post by zjat » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:34 pm

Cypress wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:21 pm
zjat, you can add flat values by giving the minion the stat through their aurastats/passivestats. For example, if you want to give a minion +1 defense per value of some stat or skill, all you'd need to so is add in the stat armorclass and set the calc to scale with the value of your minion defense bonus stat/skill.
I know skills and missiles make references to each other, but perchance Is there a way to do a direct reference to Monstats/Monstats2? I was figuring giving flat values as %'s of the base, so that it's the same base outcome.

Return to “General Mod Making”