Item Stat for Summon Minion Damage

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Atsumichi
Germany

Item Stat for Summon Minion Damage

Post by Atsumichi » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:59 am

How do I create an item stat (i.e. necro wand) to increase damage of skeletons & others?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Item Stat for Summon Minion Damage

Post by Cypress » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:05 pm

See this thread: viewtopic.php?t=24813

You'll want to make use of calculations to make a new stat/skill add damage to minions. The easiest way would be to add the 'damagepercent' stat to minions equivalent to the amount of your new stat/skill, although a lot of pets already have a lot of 'damagepercent' so the bonus may not be as significant as you'd want (especially golems, Clay Golem and Blood Golem gain a massive +35 damagepercent per level).

As an example, for Raise Skeleton, in skills.txt:
aurastat1 is damagepercent, so we'd add our bonus into aurastat1calc
By default, aurastat1calc=((lvl < 4) ? 0 : ((lvl-3)*par3))
So we could change it to something like aurastat1calc=((lvl < 4) ? 0 : ((lvl-3)*par3))+stat('miniondamage'.accr)
Now Raise Skeleton will gain +1 damagepercent per miniondamage

And in itemstatcost.txt, we could add in the stat called miniondamage, where Save Bits determines how much value of the stat you can have, where each value equals 2^(save bits)-1. So a value of 9 would allow an item to have up to +511% Minion Damage. And then if you add in a desc and property, you'll be able to add it to items.

Atsumichi
Germany

Re: Item Stat for Summon Minion Damage

Post by Atsumichi » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:31 pm

Thank you, I learned a lot about how the summoned's stats are related :)

Return to “General Mod Making”