Need help with some skill changes

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

kulasdq
United States of America

Need help with some skill changes

Post by kulasdq » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:14 am

1. How to summon multiple shadow masters? Changing Petmax in skills or Basemax in pettype doesn't seem to work.
2. How to make Impale slow targets? I added auratargetstate, auralencalc, gave item_slow to aurastat1, and added aurastatcalc1, but didn't wok. Funny thing is that my character gets slowed... Then I added 42371 to aurafilter, still didn't work.
3. How to make your summoned minions attack faster? Giving hundreds attackrate to passivestat, there's no visible increase in the attack speed of skeleton. My guess is it's locked by aidel in monstats?
4. Tried to turn some skills into aura by setting aura=1 and giving it an aurastate (by using this guide viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66934), but failed. Tried Blade Shield, nothing happened. Tried Fire Hit, the game crushed...

Thanks.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Need help with some skill changes

Post by Cypress » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:54 pm

2. Most attacks only gain aurastates while attacking, and the effects only apply to subsequent attacks. Impale's vanilla sequence is so slow that the aurastate runs out between attacks, so the subsequent attack isn't fast enough to get the aurastate. You'd have to get rid of the slow sequence and change it to a faster animation, like A1.
3. Attackrate seems fine for skeletons, definitely seems to increase attack speed. But AIdelay can make them wait around a lot, by default it is set to 15 frames so that is 15 frames they do nothing between attacks.
4. Blade Shield aura works fine for me, as does Fire Hit. Fire Hit probably crashed because of some weird default settings, no idea which since I use fixed txt files that make skills like Fire Hit work without any tweaking. Also make sure you have an aurastate.

Code: Select all

Fire Hit	156		delerium change	42	83																	might																																																																																							1	0		none												A1	A1	xx				1																						1																								1		1		1													elem conversion%	1	base damage	5	extra per level	50	duration	50	duration/level									1	20	10						8																																					0

Blade Shield	277	ass	blade shield	28	54												blade shield attachment				33667	bladeshield		ln12	par4																																																				assassin_bladeshield																																1	0		none												SC	SC	SC				1																						30	20					Blade Fury														1	8	27	2	1	1	1	1	par3														500	duration	125	duration per level	25	delay	6	radius to attack in									1				32		3		8	32	1	5	6	7	7	7	30	5	6	7	7	7																					1		896	64000

kulasdq
United States of America

Post by kulasdq » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:07 pm

Cypress wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:54 pm
2. Most attacks only gain aurastates while attacking, and the effects only apply to subsequent attacks. Impale's vanilla sequence is so slow that the aurastate runs out between attacks, so the subsequent attack isn't fast enough to get the aurastate. You'd have to get rid of the slow sequence and change it to a faster animation, like A1.
3. Attackrate seems fine for skeletons, definitely seems to increase attack speed. But AIdelay can make them wait around a lot, by default it is set to 15 frames so that is 15 frames they do nothing between attacks.
4. Blade Shield aura works fine for me, as does Fire Hit. Fire Hit probably crashed because of some weird default settings, no idea which since I use fixed txt files that make skills like Fire Hit work without any tweaking. Also make sure you have an aurastate.

Fire Hit	156		delerium change	42	83																	might																																																																																							1	0		none												A1	A1	xx				1																						1																								1		1		1													elem conversion%	1	base damage	5	extra per level	50	duration	50	duration/level									1	20	10						8																																					0

Blade Shield	277	ass	blade shield	28	54												blade shield attachment				33667	bladeshield		ln12	par4																																																				assassin_bladeshield																																1	0		none												SC	SC	SC				1																						30	20					Blade Fury														1	8	27	2	1	1	1	1	par3														500	duration	125	duration per level	25	delay	6	radius to attack in									1				32		3		8	32	1	5	6	7	7	7	30	5	6	7	7	7																					1		896	64000
2. no luck with Impale. after changing SQ to A1, it still didn't slow the target

Impale	19	ama	impale	7	2																42371		impale	125		item_slow	dm78																																																		amazon_impale_1		1	1																													1	6		h2h		spea										A1	A1	xx	8		1	1		1	1								1											12	20					Jab								1						1	8	3	0	1										ln12	dm%	par6-dm34	dur loss chance	par5	dur loss			300	Percent damage	25	% damage per level	0	% chance durability loss delta min	30	% chance durability loss delta max	1	durability loss	50	% max chance durability loss	50	slow effect min	90	slow effect max	1	100	25						8	128																																			512	8000
3. after some additional search, found out that attackrate can increase the attack speed, but it only reduce the attack animation frame. but because of aidel, the reduced attack animation frame is almost negligible (like reduced from 17+15 to 14+15). so you are right.

4. after some testing, found out the skills can be turned into aura, but they don't work on items unfortunately (like fanaticism aura on faith bow. my initial testing was only on items, that's why i thought the new aura skills dont work). and fire hit aura on item can crash the game...

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:57 am

2. You don't need an auratargetstate or an aurafilter, what you need is an aurastate. I tested with adding fire damage through aurastats and that required a different animation than Impale normally uses, but it's interesting to note that for item_slow, you can still use the slow Impale animation to apply item_slow. It seems, depending on the stat, it is either set at any point in the animation, or set only at the start of each animation.
3. Yeah, AIdelay on vanilla minions ends up wasting about one attack between every attack, even for traps and hydras. You can always set it to 1 (or maybe 0 even works? can't remember) if you want your minion to fully scale with attack speed bonuses.
4. Fire Hit aura (on item) doesn't crash for me and works. Interesting that the aurastate only activates while attacking, but that is basically the same behavior as the aura when used actively. As for Blade Shield aura, it only seems to work on items if you remove srvstfunc=28. Might want to create a clone of Blade Shield that is used exclusively on items, which doesn't use that srvstfunc.
Last edited by Cypress on Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

kulasdq
United States of America

Post by kulasdq » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:10 am

Cypress wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:57 am
As for Blade Shield aura, it only seems to work on items if you remove srvstfunc=28. Might want to create a clone of Blade Shield that is used exclusively on items, which doesn't use that srvstfunc.

not work for me by just removing the start function...

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:52 am

My bad, and thank you kulasdq! It appearing to be the removal of the srvstfunc was a very fortunate coincidence, and I wouldn't have realized it unless you tested it. But since I now know that isn't the reason, I was able to find the actual reason Blade Shield started working as an aura: because I put 1 point into the skill Blade Shield. So it seems that certain perdelay funcs only work as auras if you have the actual skill, perhaps because it constantly updates the level of the aura based on the level of the skill (which would be 0 if you only have the "aura as equipped" and no levels in the skill itself). This same trick can be used to make Thunder Storm work as an aura, which I used to think of as being non-compatible with auras. Although unfortunately, it seems that this isn't enough to make Hurricane and Armageddon work as auras.

kulasdq
United States of America

Post by kulasdq » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:26 am

Cypress wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:52 am
So it seems that certain perdelay funcs only work as auras if you have the actual skill, perhaps because it constantly updates the level of the aura based on the level of the skill (which would be 0 if you only have the "aura as equipped" and no levels in the skill itself).
I added the aura and an oskill of the aura to an item, and still not working. I guess it would only work if the character actually has the skill. If that's the case, then it really limits the usage of the aura.
I was also working around with Blaze, it seems that the six aurastats dont work. The five passivestats do work properly.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:55 am

Note that the Blade Shield aurastate will not appear graphically, but it will still deal damage. With an amazon and a ring of +1 Blade Shield and Level 20 Blade Shield Aura when Equipped, she will kill things by walking up to them. To get around this cltside issue, you can also throw on the 'state' stat with a param value of 158 (bladeshield).

And while I distinctly remember being able to get 6 aurastats and 5 passivestats on a Blaze clone, I have never been able to replicate it with just srvdofunc=23, so it was probably delusion on my part. However, you can replicate this delusion by combining srvstfunc=28 with srvdofunc=23: 28 adds in the aurastats, while 23 adds in the passivestats. It won't display the passivestats until you cast it a second time, but the passivestats are still being applied even when not appearing on the LCS.

Return to “General Mod Making”