How to implement resurrected patch in 1.13c

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

01tu01
China

How to implement resurrected patch in 1.13c

Post by 01tu01 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:23 am

I'm not a native English speaker, so I'm not sure if some of the expressions are specialized, so please try to forgive me.

We know that when Blizzard released Diablo 2: The Resurrected, there were many updates to the game's content.

But he didn't take into account players who could only play older versions (like 1.13c, etc.) for various reasons.

Many skill-related updates can be made by directly modifying the data/global/excel/txt file, but there are some updates that involve modifying the dll file, such as the Assassin's skill, removing shared cooldowns, pierce every immune, etc.

So I'm trying to find out if anyone can make a more complete patch, or tell me how to modify the dll files.

The main issues are as follows:
1. how to remove shared cooldowns for skills
2. how to change the Animation speed (such as Impale)
3. how to realize the new Grand Charms (Pierce every Immune)
4. how to realize the non-consume Asn's charge

If you know anything about any of the above modifications, I'd appreciate it if you could give me your suggestions! :)

Nagahaku
Paladin

Re: How to implement resurrected patch in 1.13c

Post by Nagahaku » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:42 am

1. not possible without code editing
2. you can make it apply a state and give the state eias, not real animspeed changing but quite effective
3. simulate with auras, but would make monsters not immune to everyone else not just you
4. not possible without code editing

01tu01
China

Post by 01tu01 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:07 am

Thank you firstly, and could you give me some relevant websites or some steps about 1-4, or any of them.
Of course, any advice is welcomed, thank you again!

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:34 pm

1 & 4 i've never seen any code editors has done the job.
2. would be quite easy to give impale a aurastate with aurastat1 'attackrate', aurastatcalc1 the number or formula you want.
3. copy conviction and modify the aurastats to what you want and give the aura to the charm.
some tencent group had made a tutorial for 3 as i remembered, but i'm not a member of them. maybe you can find them easier than me

01tu01
China

Post by 01tu01 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:18 pm

OK, I'll have a try, thanks for your help.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:56 pm

Some alternative ideas for implementing these:
(1) You can kind of do this with Cloak of Shadow's cltstfunc=7. It prevents you from casting a skill if you already have that state. You'd have to make a bunch of states though (in vanilla you'd need 8) and you'd have to find a way to make each of the skills apply a state.
(2) Change anim from SQ to A1. The sequence Impale uses is very slow.
(4) There are two ways to implement this:
(4a) If making a singleplayer mod, have charge-ups spawn a pet that gives you the charges at max value. This doesn't work in LAN, since the charges would be given to all players, not just the Assassin.
(4b) If you plan on playing with others in your mod, then you could consider making a charge-up skill that, when used, fully maxes out your charges each time it is activated. You could have an aura for example that always keeps your charges topped out. Although you won't be able to have all your charges permanently maxed at the same time.

And a note on (1): A lot of skills don't need skilldelays, especially in the case of the Druid where you could remove the skill delay from every skill and he wouldn't be much stronger. It feels like Blizzard wanted to design the Druid in a way that would make him as clumsy and awkward as possible.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:46 am

yeah, I also think so
Cypress wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:56 pm
It feels like Blizzard wanted to design the Druid in a way that would make him as clumsy and awkward as possible.
none of those skills need a delay.

01tu01
China

Post by 01tu01 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:13 am

Thank you for your help.
(1) I think Cloak of Shadow is different from some skills that have global delay, but it's an inspiring idea, I may have a try. Druid's fire skill is really clumsy even after deleting the delay. :roll:
(2) It works (By the way if I'm player, I won't use Impale for my Amazon), and I would like to know whether the attack speed depends on anim, i.e., can just substitute animdata.d2 realize the Wolf/Bear Druid's attack speed change.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:09 am

You can change animdata frames, for javelins/spears the animation would be 1HT/2HT. Although the reason Impale is slow is because it uses an intentionally slow sequence, not because of the animation frames.

borg
Taiwan

Post by borg » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:39 pm

Cypress wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:09 am
You can change animdata frames, for javelins/spears the animation would be 1HT/2HT. Although the reason Impale is slow is because it uses an intentionally slow sequence, not because of the animation frames.
So how to edit character animation frames? I want a faster Leap Attack, but it seems it's hard-coded.

kulasdq
United States of America

Post by kulasdq » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:08 pm

Cypress wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:56 pm
(4b) If you plan on playing with others in your mod, then you could consider making a charge-up skill that, when used, fully maxes out your charges each time it is activated. You could have an aura for example that always keeps your charges topped out. Although you won't be able to have all your charges permanently maxed at the same time.
interested to know what would be the writeup for the aura to keep the charges maxed

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:43 pm

kulasdq, you'll want to change the charge's functions to that of an aura, like srvdofunc=65, then set aura=1, periodic=1, perdelay=1. And for progressive_fire, or whatever charge stat it uses, set the value to 3, such that it is always maxed.

Return to “General Mod Making”