Guide to Monumods, Shrine Missiles, Monstats HCIDX and Monstats Baseids

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Guide to Monumods, Shrine Missiles, Monstats HCIDX and Monstats Baseids

Post by Cypress » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:51 am

Awesome find Nagahaku! That's a weird one, I don't really get why Blizzard made them unclickable in that animation, it seems like a very random decision.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:18 pm

find something more about baseid wraith1.
if you give it to a pet with druidbear AI, no matter you set column 'fly' to 1 or not, it would try to fly over water or void, and get jammed after that. actually i've already known that druidbear AI pets should not fly as it would alway jam like that, but with baseid=wraith1, the AI script ignore fly=0 and acts like idiot.
baseid=druidhawk would not cause such trouble. so i suggest always use baseid=druidhawk to make pets walk through bars, not wraith1, it's more reliable with pet AIs.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:33 pm

I see, wraith1 does seem to force flying=1 no matter what the actual flying setting is, I didn't know that was how it did its flying. Nice find Nagahaku! But druidhawk seems to be weird too, it seems like pets have a slower walking animation when they have that baseid. But I don't get the point of druidhawk, I'm not able to get a pet with druidhawk to go through bars unless flying=1, so from what I can tell it's no better than wraith1 at going through bars.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:31 am

yeah, you're right, a druidhawk pet won't walk through bars unless flying=1. i didn't do a further test about it, my bad...
and yes, wraith1 would always fly, every ai script would fly not just druidbear.
It seems that walking through bars need to work together with fly, a ground unit can't do that... pity.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:54 pm

found another token: GU for act2 hireling
similar as PW, it would forbidden cof fix for retrieving their bloody death anim in Act 2 and only in Act 2.
ddmizan.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:46 pm

Great find Nagahaku! Added to the list. Weird that both of these token/cof death locks are in Act 2 only. I don't really understand why they work this way either, but it's good to know.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:43 am

found more about poisonhit and maggotqueen1:
poisonhit would give the champion 75% poison resist.
maggotqueen1 has a hidden anti-poison logic, once its poison resist is higher than 0%, it seems to get -100% poison length, which means another kind of poison immunity that won't be displayed on the screen. so you need to set its poison resist to at least -75% in monstats in order to get a 'coldworm the burrower' that not immune to poison.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:14 pm

Great finds Nagahaku! Although I'm unable to confirm the anti-poison logic. The 75% poison resistance is definitely there, but I've been testing maggotqueen1 and am unable to get it to provide effective poison immunity: on a test zombie with maggotqueen1, 1% poison resistance is easily killable with decent poison damage, and 24% poison resistance takes a very long time, but in both cases the poison duration seems the same.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:33 pm

Cypress wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:14 pm
on a test zombie with maggotqueen1
ah... then perhaps it's not the baseid but the row, try it on coldworm the burrower, i found this immunity on her.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:37 pm

Thanks Nagahaku! Yes, definitely seems to occur on Coldworm. And it doesn't seem to be poison length reduction, but rather a hidden poison resistance bonus that pushes her into immunity when you wouldn't expect it; in some cases, resistances do not display immunities. At 0% resistance, with no additional monumods (i.e. leaving only poisonhit from maggotqueen1), she has 150% poison resistance. Further tests:

Superunique alone does not give the resistance bonus; changing her monster from maggotqueen1 to skeleton1 (with 0% poison resistance set) results in 0% poison resistance.
Does not seem to be monster hcidx specific; making a test skeleton with baseid=maggotqueen1, and setting that test skeleton to act as Coldworm, does give the +75% poison resistance bonus in addition to poisonhit's bonus.
Does not seem to be superunique hcidx specific; making Bishibosh into the test skeleton (still has maggotqueen1) does get +150% poison resistance.
Does not seem to apply to superuniques with the poisonhit monumod unless they also have maggotqueen1; Bishibosh as a skeleton (without maggotqueen1) with poisonhit given by superunique mods has only +75% resistance, as would be expected.

So it seems the requirements for gaining the hidden +75% poison resistance bonus is:
•Monster must have baseid=maggotqueen1
•Monster must be a superunique

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:53 pm

yeah, i also did some test and found that, a hidden 75% poison resist without display...
so giving the monster a -51 poison resist in monstats would be enough to make her vulnerable to poison.
quite funny logic~

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 am

Another behavior found on baseid=sandleaper1.
they would always be knocked back when get hit.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:26 am

Nice find Nagahaku! I've added it in. I never really thought about where that weird knockback behavior comes from. Could be fun to add it to some new monsters that don't leap all over the place.

Return to “General Mod Making”