Viable fix to Shapeshift attack speeds?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Viable fix to Shapeshift attack speeds?

Post by zjat » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:58 pm

This is sort of a change in topic continued from https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67397

D2R had the recent test patch and tried to fix druid shifted attack speeds not calculating correctly (using only weapon speed).

I'm looking to standardize wolf/bear attack speeds.
I'm wondering if there are any known fixes or ideas for the wolf/bear attack speeds being calculated more like normal characters.

Nagahaku
Paladin

Re: Viable fix to Shapeshift attack speeds?

Post by Nagahaku » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:45 am

remove 'meleeonly=1' from states.txt ?
i don't know if this is what you need, with this modification as i posted before, it would make all attack speed stats available.

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by zjat » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:02 pm

Interesting. This definitely unlocks the shifted form attack speed. It seems the base speed of the werewolf is 11 frames (very fast). I can reduce this via the skill. -28% seems to do the trick, bringing it back to druid's normal 17 frames. But even simple attack speed items (or the skill itself) will jump it that 6 frames with under 30% ias. Any idea on how to reduce the base speed, so that ias doesn't skyrocket attackspeed?

Nagahaku
Paladin

Post by Nagahaku » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:47 am

you need to modify animdata.d2
modify 'AnimationSpeed' to a lower number, would do the job

zjat
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Post by zjat » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:40 pm

That's what I figured, but couldn't get that to work at all. I tried both larger and smaller numbers for animspeed. Currently I have speed of 170 in both the cof and the animdata. meleeonly=0 in states. Speed is still super fast at 11 frames.

Return to “General Mod Making”