[Skill Help] Guided Fire Bolt & Next Hit missile

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

GreenHeaven
France

[Skill Help] Guided Fire Bolt & Next Hit missile

Post by GreenHeaven » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:42 pm

Me again. I am upgrading vanilla fire bolt, and I struggled more than expected to make a guided fire bolt (but I discovered fun missile behaviours !)

First I went with guided arrow clone, but it didn't spawn any missile unless I was wearing a bow (even with none item req in skills.txt)

Then I went with bone spirit, cloning skill + missile, and using fire bolt CelFile. All good I have a Guided Firebolt.

BUT I went further on...by disabling Always Explode the Fire Bolt hits the monster, then goes back and forth hitting him again and again until range goes off. Very funny and kinda usable, a bit like Chain Lightning with a Fire Bolt. Two problems here:

(1) Although the missile hits sereval times, it only damages the monster the FIRST time it hits him.

(2) I wonder if the (already) guided missile could bounce to another close target after hitting, like CL. At the moment the missile is locked to the first target coming into it's radius range.

If these problems are solved I could stick this "upgraded" Fire Bolt to a unique orb or wand for a special build ;)

Sharing the .txt, just in case, missile is called guidedbolt and I pasted into Fire Bolt row in skills.txt
Attachments
guidedbolt.rar
(51.25 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Re: [Skill Help] Guided Fire Bolt & Next Hit missile

Post by Nizari » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:57 am

(1) yes, it will always be like this and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it softcodedly

(2) no because of (1) as the guided missiles can deal damage only once

GreenHeaven
France

Re: [Skill Help] Guided Fire Bolt & Next Hit missile

Post by GreenHeaven » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:57 pm

Thank you for your help ! Case closed...

Return to “General Mod Making”